2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Nice one by the old bill @ Stirling. I bet Les Gray and others are real smug with himself after the getting the issue raised at Holyrood and at the first instance of behaviour these new powers is meant to combat they put a busload of fans on the naughty step rather than make arrests. Decisive action or what?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Club reply :

We are looking into this as we have received a variety of reports about fan behaviour last night, ranging from praise for the fans who attended the game to allegations of sectarian singing by one small group. We note there were no arrests and police have confirmed there was no suggestion the game would be stopped at any time. We have asked Central Scotland Police for any CCTV footage that will help us to investigate further.

Suggestions and allegations. That is what the press are going on. IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

• Paid Members

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:D :fn:

Oldham Sign Diamond

LATICS UNEARTH DIAMOND

Latics have pulled off a major transfer coup by beating off stiff competition to capture top Scottish player Alexander 'Zander' Diamond.

The 26-year-old central defender signed a one-year contract late this afternoon following the completion of the formalities.

All that is left for Latics to do is to secure international clearance which will be done tomorrow.

Diamond only recently left Scottish Premier League club Aberdeen for whom he made 205 league appearances.

He had been a first-team regular with the Dons since breaking into the side in 2003/04.

Career highlights include scoring twice against Celtic in a 4-2 victory in January 2009.

Diamond, whose contract with the Dons expired in June, had been linked with a move to Hearts.

He also gained earlier international honours being capped 12 times at under-21 level by Scotland for whom he has also captained the side.

Look out tomorrow on Latics Player and also the official website for exclusive interviews with Diamond.

TOP SCOTTISH PLAYER? BAHAHAHAHA!

• Paid Members
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:D :fn:

Oldham Sign Diamond

TOP SCOTTISH PLAYER? BAHAHAHAHA!

major transfer coup

beating off stiff competition

top Scottish player Alexander 'Zander' Diamond

There is positive spin and then there is just outright lying to your own fans.

26 years old yet he only warrants a one-year contract! :laugh:

We lost 2-0 to Walsall.

Decent wee game of football. Some absolutely brilliant play from both sides. The Walsall right winger was a joy to watch. The interplay between O'Brien, Tidser and Jackson for us was terrific too, and the overhead/back heel/flick combo from McDonald in the second half is probably the best thing I have EVER seen at a Morton game.

Blackman and Gunning weren't really "your players" though were they?

Technically no, but you know what I mean.

Hopefully by the end of this season you lot will have woken up to Brown. He'll not take Aberdeen forward, the same way as he never took us forward.

• Paid Members
Technically no, but you know what I mean.

Hopefully by the end of this season you lot will have woken up to Brown. He'll not take Aberdeen forward, the same way as he never took us forward.

Jeez... are Motherwell fans always this bitter to their ex managers?

No, just to the ones who claim to be staying, then change their mind when some more dough gets thrown their way.

I imagine your employed. I don't imagine you'd turn down a similar job with better pay at the bigger company.

Question for the Aberdeen fans on here, why have you got about 4 keepers on trial at the moment having already signed one and have "Clangers"?

Archived