Bragging Rights is dead

CAREBEAR LUVVA

They aren't really the same thing. Besides, EC was a pretty great creation.

Oh, i wasn't implying that they were the same, just that Triple H originally wanted that PPV as Wargames. Not sure i'd want another PPV based around a cage like structure unless they got rid of the Hell in a Cell PPV which i find waters the whole concept down way too much.

• Paid Members
They should have/do a 'bragging rights' match at Survivor Series have 5 vs 5 with World & WWE champs as captains but build it up not just throw it together, not sure what they could win though??

This is what I never understood. They came up with the concept that was basically the same as Surivior Series, gave it a different name and stuck it on a month before Survivor Series. It was baffling!

A War Games PPV would be a disaster. The "themed" PPVs are a terrible idea, they need to get rid of them!

Royal Rumble? :)

What about it? I don't think anyone's implying that 1 or 2 themed PPV's like they've been able to pull off for decades is a problem, but getting carried away with PPV's themed on matches that should be part of a fued and have a reason behind them is somthing else.

They should have/do a 'bragging rights' match at Survivor Series have 5 vs 5 with World & WWE champs as captains but build it up not just throw it together, not sure what they could win though??

With having the match at Series it gives the title scene a wee break and could plant a few seeds for inter brand matches at Mania.

WWE Uprising is a cool name though (could of been a name for a Nexus takeover PPV nWo style)

I've often thought this would be a good idea. Combine the Bragging Rights and Survivor Series concept.

Build the brand split up from Extreme Rules, so it actually means something, then have a proper Raw vs Smackdown concept. ie WWE Champ vs World Champ, IC vs US, with some elimination matches in there as well. Maybe even bring back the 1990 Survivor Series Grand Finale Match of Survival, to determine the overall Bragging Rights. Keep the brand interaction going over Royal Rumble / Mania season as they do now, then start all over again with the draft.

I understand what someone said earlier about feuding folks having to suddenly having to join forces, but fuck me, this happens all of the time anyway. It worked, for me, when they did it a few years back at Survivor Series 2005.

I always thought the Bragging Rights PPV would coincide with the draft perfectly. Rather than winning a trophy that is barely mentioned a week later, each match between Raw and Smackdown stars is for a draft pick, with the big Elimination Tag matches being for multiple draft picks.

Anyone remember the grand match of Survival at Survior Series 1990? Basically, at the end of the night, the surviving heels teamed up against the surviving babyfaces. I think it would be quite interesting if they did an updated version where the Smackdown winners faced the Raw winners.

If its a clean sweep, the winning brand gets the prize, which is a match at the december PPV to determine the challenger for the world title at the Rumble. Anything more than five (no more than 8) should be a scramble match

Anyone remember the grand match of Survival at Survior Series 1990? Basically, at the end of the night, the surviving heels teamed up against the surviving babyfaces. I think it would be quite interesting if they did an updated version where the Smackdown winners faced the Raw winners.

If its a clean sweep, the winning brand gets the prize, which is a match at the december PPV to determine the challenger for the world title at the Rumble. Anything more than five (no more than 8) should be a scramble match

that would be a great idea i would book the raw team to go over the smackdown side every time :)

• Paid Members

Isn't Vengeance what one of the PPVs was called anyway? Will it be a return or a brand new concept, completely ignoring the past ones happened?

Archived