WWE Double Scum Mafia *GAME OVER*

Ron Simmons

Overall MVP  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The balance of the game is weird. I can't see how the IC can win without a direct kill ability unless they're all top class players. Three kills, even if one is only a one shot, seems unbalanced. I'm just not sure.

Of course it would, the non IC scum would surely out his team mate, leading to a situation where the IC can't win. Not only that but they'll have took out a role blocker (in most probability) and even if the last scum didn't out their team mate, it'd be 3 vs the whole town.

• Paid Members
Finlay, day 1 is always about getting a feel for the game for me. When the lynch comes it will be for the smallest misdemeanor or slip possible and it will have very little in the way of logic attached to it anyway.

I'm not sure I like this. Are you saying you're being deliberately beige?

I dunno. Hiding in the background might be a good idea at this stage, at least from the self-preservation side of things. Everyone who has stuck their neck out has had a noose thrown at it. It's not good form, but it might end up being good play. Apart from Snake's crazy votes, have there been any votes on the people who have said next to nothing?

• Paid Members

Morning, all!

VOTE COUNT

* Snake (3) (Nexus, Kenny McBride, El Nicko Loco)

* Teedy Kay (3) (Chris Stone, Dazz, Dan Williams)

* Kenny McBride (1) (Snake Plissken)

* Bristep123 (1) (Mike Castle)

* Nexus (1) (tom)

* Mike Castle (1) (Bristep123)

* seph (1) (Teedy Kay)

Not voting: brownie, Carbomb, unfitfinlay, spotlightmagnet1, seph, Lion of the Midlands,

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Nexus and Lion are V/LA right now, and Mike will be over the weekend.

Right seeing as I will be V/LA until sunday morning I'm going to have to place a vote now and hope it counts towards something. I have not much to go on but my read on the game so far is that Teedy Kay is the player I am most suspicious of so Vote Teedy Kay.

• Paid Members

Er, why are we discussing the role of the IC on day one?! When people are starting to V/LA and we have a deadline of a lynch coming up hadn't you all better start voting? And don't any of you accuse me of not voting...

• Paid Members
Er, why are we discussing the role of the IC on day one?!

Because talking about it on Day Five when half of the Town may be dead is futile?

I get you now Mike. The IC could technically have 3 kills though could they not? If the they did have then they could effectively wipe out a whole scum team and half the other one night 1 if the mafia members of the IC were to give up who the other scummers were

The IC scum are still scum. If they out their scum team to anyone it goes against their win condition and they could be modkilled for it.

The IC would only have 1 potential kill all to themselves and that's if the Town IC member is a one shot vig. The 2 scum team kills are subject to discussion with the respective teams, and the IC member will have to be careful not to let the scum kill his IC team and direct the kill where he wants them to without dying. I can't see the IC having their own kill to deliver as well because that's 3 scum night kills and with 3 potential vig kills as well we could lose 6 players per night, then 3 on any other night. That would mean we could enter day 4 with only 5 players left which could concievably be game over, and generally mafia games should be set up in a way that town can definitely last until at least night 4.

My opinion is that the IC do not know who all the scum are, only their own team. Remember their win con is currently to have all 3 IC survive to the end, but each has a secondary win con which kicks in if one IC member dies. If one of the scum IC members dies, then the town IC member is now just a townie again. He can then out the 2nd scum IC member, and we have one dead scum and one confirmed town player but that's all. The scum IC can't reveal their team to the rest of the IC because once the IC is incomplete then it disappears and they are on opposite sides again.

I would make a guess that we don't get to know when an IC member is dead. I think only the IC will be in possession of that knowledge. Otherwise it's impossible for the IC to win.

(Example, scum player A dies, doesn't flip IC. Now scum player B knows he isn't the IC so that only leaves scum player C. Scum player C can't betray his IC brethren and admit all to player B because it would be against his win condition, and scum player B can't out player C because they are scum together and it goes against his win condition.) It kind of breaks the game almost immediately, so I'm going with the mindset that IC isn't revealed on flip, only at game end (or if the town IC outs himself after a scum IC dies).

We need to move past theory discussion for the moment though, and start working towards deciding the lynch for this day, since it ends on Sunday teatime and things get mighty quiet here on the weekend.

My vote is on Mike, and I'm going to stick to my guns this time because I think I'm right.

I want to see him flip because I think Mike being lynched is good for the town. I see enough in his play to see scum behaviours.

Those who haven't voted yet need to start making noises as to who their top read is. If you don't have enough confidence to vote for someone, then vote for no-lynch so that your opinion is at least registered and not just unknown.

• Paid Members

Ron, is that vote count for Teedy correct?

I'm not sure where to place my vote at the moment. If it came down to Teedy and Snake and I had to vote for one of them to secure the lynch, it'd probably be for Teedy as I think Snake is genuinely trying to stoke up discussion.

I can fully understand why Bristep is sticking to guns. Failure to do this has previously cost us in a big way. Bristep, right now a Castle lynch, no matter how amusing, doesn't look likely. Assuming you won't vote elsewhere, what specifically in his play has convinced you that you're on to a winner?

Archived