Do WWE superstars get told which brand they will be on before the draf

Stealingsilver

That story about Umaga being told off for wearing the same colour must have been bollocks, because nearly every wrestler there wears black.

I'm sure I remember that story was about the colour of the writing on his trunks/tights, not the colour of the actual trunks/tights.

Even so... Apart from when he's in DX, Triple H for about the last seven years has only had black trunks with white writing. There are loads of wrestlers who've had that same combo, it seems like there'd be millions of people to moan at about having similar gear before getting to the fat lad in some leggings.

It was kinda convenient how they just happened to have a XXXXXL t-shirt for Big Show when he was drafted. Are we supposed to believe that some guy off-camera had all different shirt sizes stacked in front of him so he could pick the right size and throw it at the wrestler being drafted?

I think this is quite feasible. Also I hear the random flicking through Superstars screen is random also. Basically which ever superstar it lands on, then they have to go. Even McMahon doesn't know which Superstar is going where.

In other news Royal Rumble places are determined by each wrestler picking a lottery style ball out of a big gold cage that spins.

It was kinda convenient how they just happened to have a XXXXXL t-shirt for Big Show when he was drafted. Are we supposed to believe that some guy off-camera had all different shirt sizes stacked in front of him so he could pick the right size and throw it at the wrestler being drafted?

I think this is quite feasible. Also I hear the random flicking through Superstars screen is random also. Basically which ever superstar it lands on, then they have to go. Even McMahon doesn't know which Superstar is going where.

In other news Royal Rumble places are determined by each wrestler picking a lottery style ball out of a big gold cage that spins.

This can't be true as they've had matches to see who gets number 30.

All these sorts of questions, like "do wrestlers get to choose their own music?" come down to who the wrestler is. Cena, HHH, Orton etc would all have to agree to a move to Smackdown, but Ryder, Tatsu etc would just get told on the night. I assume there are other exceptions. CM Punk might ask to be on the same roster as Beth Phoenix, for example. Tyson Kidd and Natalya might push to get kept on the same show.

I highly doubt they get asked, they get told. They could ask like HHH did to move to Smackdown for personal reasons but I doubt Vince would have to ask Cena to switch brands. He'd do it in a heartbeat

• Paid Members

They get told weeks in advance but on the day and the .com draft they can change plans, So most of the time they know but sometimes a change of plan happens and can happen before the talent knows. It's not up to the talent anyway they do what they are told.

I find it very hard to believe that Superstars are told on the night, even the lower ranking stars. Planning for travel schedules need to be changed and most importantly communication is key when it comes to moving people around. Raw roster don't forget (unless appearance schedules for that week) finish up on Monday and don't return back on the road until the Friday. SD crew a day later.

I'd be pissed off if my scheduling is changed at the night of the Draft due to a roster switch if travel plans are to fly home the day after. That makes no sense in WWE not informing people of their intentions at the spur of the moment like Monday night, thats not fair, but then again the continuous conveyer belt of wrestlers coming in doesn't mean you should morally mess around with people's lives like that. That's why I think Vince or whoever decides on changes should be effective if communication prior to all this occurs.

• Paid Members
Even so... Apart from when he's in DX, Triple H for about the last seven years has only had black trunks with white writing. There are loads of wrestlers who've had that same combo, it seems like there'd be millions of people to moan at about having similar gear before getting to the fat lad in some leggings.

I'm pretty sure the story was that Umaga got bitched out for wearing black and green which are "DX Colours".

Archived