Wrestling KO 100 for 2010

Road Frogg

Never mind the fact that Black Terry has never been that good and is also about 60, makes for a completely brilliant list....

Yeah, what on earth does his age have to do with anything? And Black Terry is easily one of the best wrestlers of 2010. I might not have him at number one, but his fued with Hijo Del Diablo's stable produced some cracking brawls, and his matwork is pretty much unmatched by anyone.

To SSJLogan, I don't really see the issue with Masters being a high ranked guy, his Superstars work has been awesome. It doesn't need to be a high profile match to be a good one. And Lawler would have been based on his indy work as well, not just his WWE stuff. I can't really stick up for the Mark Henry rating though.

• Paid Members

Honestly Black Terry's stuff didn't interest me in the last year, but then again its personal preference I guess.

Honestly in terms of age, just looking at how bad Ric Flair has been in the past year, age does seem to have something to do with performance, if their past their prime its only gonna go downhill surely?

I disagree, Johnny Saint might not be as good as he used to be, but he's close to seventy and can still put on great performances like he did at King of Trios. Flair bumps badly, but he can still sell well and has the same intensity, emotion and timing. I really liked his contribution to the finish of the Lethal Lockdown match at the last TNA PPV.

• Paid Members

Saint I agree on, still love watching Saint stuff its brilliant; but Flair's performance in Lockdown actually saddened me, it just looks like he doesn't know how to finish his career.

I did like his selling of the arm after being superkicked in it and then put in the armbar (don't know if the superkick there was intended) but he just seemed to be in the wrong environment for someone of his age.

One thing i am pleased about from looking through that list is that two of my old favourites, Solar I and Negro Navarro, still seem to be going strong - i would've had them down as being on their zimmer frames by now.

Weren't Los Oficiales supposed to be pretty great in IWRG this past year or two? Their absence appear a bit conspicuous considering almost everyone else is in there.

Weren't Los Oficiales supposed to be pretty great in IWRG this past year or two? Their absence appear a bit conspicuous considering almost everyone else is in there.

They all made the top 200, but it was a quieter year for them. Oficial 911 was closest to cracking the top 100.

I quite like it. Reminds me of the old DVDVR 500's. That forum seems rather dead though so who knows who\how many voted on this list.

Some new names for me to keep an eye on though.

The DVDVR forum is alive and well. It's been a while since a DVDVR came out, though.

There were 12 ballots submitted this year.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about age and performance. Older wrestlers may slow, but they can also work smarter. Playing the role of past-their-prime veteran is a compelling wrestling story. Flair's a lunatic who doesn't work smarter. Black Terry is mid 50s, but has a working style that absolutely suits him. He can still go on the mat, and he will brawl better than anyone on the planet. Neither of those things need diminish with age. Terry, Navarro and Solar still look in really good shape anyway. To take another example, Genichiro Tenryu is brilliant in the role of grumpy mean old bastard - he sells like a 60 year old who's too old for all this, but doesn't know how to do anything else, and he still works stiff enough to look credible. Lawler's ideas about professional wrestling are as old as time, and he could probably wrestle like that until he's in a wheelchair, and even that wouldn't necessarily get in the way.

Archived