new dvds - not sure if posted

nicholasjackson

wwedvdnews

A synopsis for both Rey Mysterio: The Life of a Masked Man and Greatest Stars of the New Millenium WWE DVDs have been added to retail sites like Amazon.

First up, the upcoming 3-Disc Mysterio DVD which is due for release on July 12th in North America:

For the first time ever, Rey Mysterio sits down and reviews his historic career, reflecting on his greatest matches and moments.

This all-new interview features exclusive and candid comments from the Ultimate Underdog on his Sports Entertainment path through ECW, WCW, and WWE; his rivalries with Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, CM Punk; his thoughts on battling men almost twice his size, and his emotional Cruiserweight, Intercontinental, and World Championship runs.

Judging by this, the format sounds to us very similar to the Shawn Michaels: My Journey DVD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As expected, Greatest Stars of the New Millenium (released July 26 on DVD and Blu-ray) looks to follow the same format as the previous Stars of 90′s release.

The Greatest Stars of the New Millennium profiles 15 superstars that dominated the ring for the first decade of the 2000s.

Each star is profiled and one of his greatest matches is included. Stars examined will include Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Orton, Edge, Jericho, Batista, and more.

Surely Kurt Angle will have a section on the 00s one? I'll probably pick that one up, I actually really enjoyed the 90s one and the 80s one is brilliant. I'll probably skip the Rey one though, I bought his last 3 disc set, and although it's great, I can't see too much difference with this upcoming set.

I wonder who the full fifteen will be. Rock and Austin only really had a couple of years either side of the turn of the Millennium, would they qualify more as 90s? Or could they be included in this?

Austin and Rock are on the 90's DVD, so I doubt they'll be on this. Flair was on the 80's set, pretty sure he wasn't featured on the 90's one.

I think it's more about wrestlers who made their name in that decade.

Interested to see the match listing for the Rey DVD. He's alreay had two DVDs (one of which was 3 discs as well) and has been featured on many other sets as well. Hopefully it won't feature too many throwaway TV matches like the Eddie 3 disc one did. The Biggest Little Man set a great standard.

Aren't there any plans for a CM Punk DVD? What about Randy Orton?

Have they given up on DVDs for stars from the past, or former promotions that are now under the WWE umbrella? There was a Florida DVD set that was listed in coming releases for a while but it seems to have been forgotten about.

Archived