horror movies

wwffan2

Can't beat Asian horror. If I'm looking for a new movie to watch, I'll usually go here:

http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/indexm.html

It provides an extensive list of Asian horror movies and even provides links to videos of some movies. Some of my favourites are:

Shutter (Thai) Brilliant. Proper creepy. I actually screamed and chucked a blanket over my head at one point during this one.

Death Tube (Japanese) If you liked Saw, this is a good one to watch.

There's a short film called Rattle Rattle (Japanese, I think) that a lot of people find really scary, but I just thought it was funny. It's only about 20 minutes long, so it's worth a look either way.

The Whispering Corridors series (Korean) is meant to be really good, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Also, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is one of the better horror movies to come out of the US in recent years. Cracking film.

• Paid Members
Can't beat Asian horror. If I'm looking for a new movie to watch, I'll usually go here:

http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/indexm.html

It provides an extensive list of Asian horror movies and even provides links to videos of some movies. Some of my favourites are:

Shutter (Thai) Brilliant. Proper creepy. I actually screamed and chucked a blanket over my head at one point during this one.

Death Tube (Japanese) If you liked Saw, this is a good one to watch.

There's a short film called Rattle Rattle (Japanese, I think) that a lot of people find really scary, but I just thought it was funny. It's only about 20 minutes long, so it's worth a look either way.

The Whispering Corridors series (Korean) is meant to be really good, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Also, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is one of the better horror movies to come out of the US in recent years. Cracking film.

I didn't really like Shutter, I thought it was quite dull and slow. The Whispering Corridors series is nice and spooky though it does get repetitive.

The Asian scene seems to be bottoming out right now with too many rehashes and sequels, but hopefully it will pick up again with some new ideas soon.

Asian horrors were definitely on top around the end of the 90s-beginning of 00s. Then America raped them with all the remakes.

I'd say French and Spanish ones have been far better over the past few years, even Swedish ones. But obviously the same is happening with remakes.

There's the odd one from Australia or even a couple of UK ones that are fairly decent too.

• Paid Members

The UK scene is very strong right now. The problem is that what few British horror films do find a theatrical release generally only get a few screens at best. There are some real gems if you're prepared to hunt for them, and the resurrection of Hammer is good news for the genre.

Nightmare Vacation

AKA Sleepaway Camp, the sequels are fun too but not as good as the original.

I'd like to add:

The Mutilator

Terror Train

Prom Night (original only)

My Bloody Valentine (both original and remake)

Slumber Party Massacre

Black Christmas (original, have yet to see the remake)

the first three Friday The 13th's

and of course Halloween, I like most of them with a couple exceptions.

These are just a list of older slashers that I think are great fun to watch and some of them shaped the way horror is made today. :sneaky:

Archived