GPW: "Battlefield" May 6th, Monaco Ballroom, Wigan

Mr. Noble

On May 6th, Grand Pro Wrestling will be back in action for another seriously big 2011 show!

GPW: "Battlefield" will take place on Friday May 6th, doors open at 7pm, the show will start at 7:30 and all 3 titles are on the line!! The event takes place at The Monaco Ballroom, Atherton Rd. Hindley, WN2 3EU and if you've not seen what everyone else is talking about - it's about time you got on board and came to see us!

Whatever you need to do to get there, come and join us in the "Battlefield". Tickets are only

Looks like yet ANOTHER awesome looking show for Gee Pee Dub! Surely this is getting on for the best year GPW has seen. Certainly looking like it from when I started going in Jan 2009.

The only thing that sucks about this show is that we're drawing ever closer to that shit, long break period. Can we just skip that next year?! Either that, or im planning a 3 month holiday next summer

I think everyone should follow Cheetah's lead here and make sure they're at the "Battlefield"!

3 weeks until show day, and 3 blogs to come. The first part of our "Only The Strong Survive 2011" blog is online at http://www.gpwblog.posterous.com

If you've got any interest in hearing about the only wrestling match to have ever been banned in the UK then you need to be clicking on that link and reading the blog. Because, in it we take a trip down memory lane to one of the most controversial shows to have ever taken place in the UK, and discuss the reason why GPW run Friday nights and not Saturdays... in it is also some previously unseen footage from 2005 - so check it out and make sure you're at The Monaco Ballroom for GPW: "Battlefield" on May 6th!

Aside from the use of the word "poultry" instead of "paltry"(!) that was a cool blog, as usual...

Yeah, one thing I forgot to mention was that there were loads of chickens in the audience that night... well spotted Gadge, I'll get that changed!

• Paid Members

:thumbsup: Awesome stuff! A triple threat iron man eh? Might i be correct in saying that the first ever match of its kind? Or is it just because i havent seen it before?

Also I do hope the BIN MAN makes an appearance ;) . Whilst im here, you could make him german for Oktober fest later in the year......."ICH BIN MAN!"

The second part of the Only Strong Survive 2011 blog is now online right now at http://www.gpwblog.posterous.com and we take another stroll down memory lane, this time 2006 and how differently the company could've looked... plus, the booking, the changes and all the dramas leading up to the OTSS event.

Check it out now and make sure May 6th is booked off for GPW: "Battlefield"

With the show tomorrow, the final part of the Only The Strong Survive blog is now live!

If you have even the slightest ineterest in backstage, and wrestling politics, not to mention the up and coming NHB match tomorrow night - you NEED to read this bumper blog before you get to the Ballroom!

One of the most revealing blogs released so far looks into backstage problems manifesting themself in the ring, marketing, the final results of the night from a business perspective - and much, much more! Check it out right now at http://www.gpwblog.posterous.com

Make sure you're ready for Battle tomorrow night at GPW: "Battlefield" - it will be a show to remember!

• Paid Members

Friday is a ridiculously stacked and good-looking card. Can't wait.

In fact, it it looks like such a strong card that it looks more like one of the "season-ending" blow-off shows they usually put on at the end of the year or just before they go on their summer break, where scores are settled, feuds are decided and long-running scenarios come to a conclusion.

I wonder if this means that the June show, which is the actual final show before the 3-month summer break (what with also being part of the showcase North-West Triple-Header), will be something like the next 'Crazy Cruiser 8' tournament as a showcase event or a Rumble show to set up new situations for when they come back later in the year.

Everything on the show has a backstory that I can't wait to see how it works out.

Cyanide has been stalking DDL for months and has crushed him everytime their paths have crossed.

Paradise Lost vs. Bailey/McKenzie looks to be the the final chapter in a year-long storyline and will probably be a wild and crazy brawl similar to the 2009 PL vs. Mystics war.

The epic Bubblegum vs. Ligero battle at the end of the 8-man elimination tag was superb - can't wait to see them lock up again. Good vs. Evil in it's purest form.

3-way Iron Man Match may steal the show. It's clearly been set up as the "wrestling"/"workrate" match of the show, involving 3 guys who have stolen the show in any combination over the past few months.

NWRL is picking up serious steam - the way they are keeping people interested with the potential promise of their next glimpse of BIN MAN is really, really clever booking.

Still nothing announced for the likes of Kirby, Hayes, Feelgood, Kraze, Walker and Dylan Roberts. I gave Roberst a bit of stick in my review of the March show, questioning his push and position of the card in light of my perceived lack of his ability. Well, fuck me if he didn't come out on the April show and put in a real good performance, looking pretty damn decent in the process. Potential impromtu 6-man tag, or something along those lines, added on the night?

Plus, in the main question, can I make it 3 in a row (and 4 in 6) in the GPW Raffle?!?

Archived