GPW: "Battlefield" May 6th, Monaco Ballroom, Wigan

Mr. Noble

Results

Danny Hope def Bruce Sheila in 7:58

NWRL

Axl Rage, Jason Logan and JD Sasoon def The Great Suzuki, LA Austin and Jynx in 10:25. As a result, LA Austin and Jynx are out of the NWRL leaving Ste Bin Man as the only remaining member of Suzuki's team as per the pre match stipulations

Heavyweight Championship Match

DDL and Cyanide fought to a double countout in 10:40

El Ligero def Cameron Kraze in 10:28 (sub for Bubblegum). After the match, The Master Plan assaulted Ligero until Hayes, Kirby and Roberts made the save, 2 matches were signed for next month, see below.

Tag Team Trophy Match

Paradise Lost vs RJM and Sam Bailey was ruled a no contest after PL hit their finisher on Bailey on the outside ruling him out of the match before it officially started.

Paradise Lost def RJM in a Handicap Match due to ref stoppage after Heresy hit RJM with the "Heresy Handbag"

RJM got the mic and pleaded for anyone in the back to come out and help him fight PL and out came............................................................................

CHRIS ECHO (not seen in GPW since June 2009!!)

Echo and RJM hit their finishers on Heresy (spear and swanton), 123!

Chris Echo and RJM are the NEW Tag Team Champions!

British Title Iron Man Match

Final scores at full time: Jack 2 (1 pin, 1 sub), Mikey 2 (2 pins) and Zack 2 (2 pins) so the match resumed as "Sudden Death"

Zack Diamond won the fifth and final fall via pin on Jack Gallagher to retain the British title.

Currently signed for June 3rd's Heroes and Villains:

Dirk Feelgood vs Joey Hayes

Dog Collar Match

Martin Kirby and Dylan Roberts vs Cameron Kraze and Jiggy Walker

PS Voodoo returning soon!!

A very 'Meh' show for me and perhaps one of it's weakest efforts in a while. The quality of the main event cannot be argued, it WAS brilliant, even if the iron man stip did leave huge parts in the match where the crowd just weren't paying attention. Seem's like Bailey's getting the 'Died on his way to his home planet' treatment.

To summarize nothing really stepped up to the plate and the show was perhaps saved by the mad skills of the three guys in the main event.

Where was Bubblegum?

I had a prior engagement but I did consider missing it and attending this show for the Ligero/Bubblegum match and the three way. Without shitting on a show I haven't seen, I'm kind of relieved I didn't, as I'd have been quite pissed off to miss another event and not get the match I was going for.

Iron man match sounds good though

Bubblegum was at the venue last night, had been there all day but got a call at 19:15, 15 mins before show time to say that his son had had to be rushed into hospital for emergency surgery. Understandably, he had to leave straight away prompting a total re-book.

We will bring you Bubblegum V Ligero as soon as we can, but I think we still delivered an excellent show with a more than strong main event in its place and a stand up card to back it up in an absolutely sweltering Ballroom. Sometimes real life comes knocking and you have to deal with it.

I'll go into more detail about what happened backstage last night in the blogs to follow. In the meantime, thanks to everyone who attended last night and we wish a speedy recovery to Bubblegum's son.

GPW: 'Heroes & Villains' June 3 is the next one - we'll see you then!

Where was Bubblegum?

I had a prior engagement but I did consider missing it and attending this show for the Ligero/Bubblegum match and the three way. Without shitting on a show I haven't seen, I'm kind of relieved I didn't, as I'd have been quite pissed off to miss another event and not get the match I was going for.

Iron man match sounds good though

To be fair Kraze vs Ligero was pretty good.

Archived