Guys who went from smarkdom to the opposite

When I was a mere slip of a lad Al Snow was probably the #3 guy in the US for MOVEZ~! (behind Nova and Kidman) and any period of time spent on the internet wasn't complete without some guys positing that he was obviously talented enough to be a WWF main event worker and how he carried The Rock to that one bullrope match they had back in the day. In 2011 Al Snow is a man who cuts ever-more embittered old dude shoot interviews about how undercard workers are all worthless and Hulk Hogan is the only wrestler capable of regularly putting on great matches.

Has any other pro-wres dude gone from smarkdom to SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT? Or vice versa? There's a sizeable number of guys who get really "REY SUCKZ" because he moved from doing flips to a WWE main eventer style, but that's just good common sense on Mysterio's part rather than any hidden desire he has to become Sid Eudy.

When I was a mere slip of a lad Al Snow was probably the #3 guy in the US for MOVEZ~! (behind Nova and Kidman) and any period of time spent on the internet wasn't complete without some guys positing that he was obviously talented enough to be a WWF main event worker and how he carried The Rock to that one bullrope match they had back in the day. In 2011 Al Snow is a man who cuts ever-more embittered old dude shoot interviews about how undercard workers are all worthless and Hulk Hogan is the only wrestler capable of regularly putting on great matches.

Has any other pro-wres dude gone from smarkdom to SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT? Or vice versa? There's a sizeable number of guys who get really "REY SUCKZ" because he moved from doing flips to a WWE main eventer style, but that's just good common sense on Mysterio's part rather than any hidden desire he has to become Sid Eudy.

Can you repeat that in English?

I take it your talking about the views of internet fans, in which case alot of people have turned on John Morrison, saying he's a useless face etc. I mean when you look at it, alot of people thought Miz was dragging him down when they started tagging , and look which ones getting WWE title matches at WM.

Or are you talking about styles?

I get what you are talking about. The idea of wrestlers who were at one point "Indy darlings" and ended up being a voice for "mainstream wrestling".

The Sheepherders back in the day would be a prime example (though it pre-dated any internet influence). They were blood-soaked, cane swinging hardcore wrestlers (by the day's standards) who went on to become the ultra silly and kiddie-friendly Bushwackers.

• Paid Members

Chris Jericho. He admits it in his book. He went from movez and stuff to make the boys in the locker room laugh to being told he "thinks he's something special, but your actually the dizzling shits" by Vince McMahon. He said its only when he signed for the WWE that he "got" what being a wrestler is supposed to be.

Can you repeat that in English?

It cant be anymore clear than the original post, but he means which wrestlers started off with an attitude where they thought wrestling moves and quality matches were the be all and now have the opinion that all that shit was worthless if your not over and a star.

Archived