UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Bayern 4-0 Dortmund

Gomez

Robben

Ribery

Schweinsteiger

Bayern picked their morale off the floor in this All German encounter and managed to get back on track with an aim of securing a top 5 finish this season. Dortmund dominated the early possession but failed to create anything, on Bayern's first real venture forward in the 27th minute, a Dortmund defender went straight through the back of Robben and was given a red card. This obviously changed the dynamic of the game, 3 minutes later Ribery crossed for Gomez to glance in the first. The feat of playing with 10 men became too much for Dormund as Robben added a second on the hour with a smooth low crisp finish from 12 yards, before Ribery was left unmarked from inside the box and he took a touch and bent it past the hapless Dormund stopper for number 3. The game was sewn up with a fourth for Bayern and Schweinsteiger only seems to deal in crackers in this League, this time hitting a 25 yard bullet into the top corner.

The game lagged out in injury time but it was already over.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bayern 4 Dortmund 0 (I'll let bumclasshero do the scorers)

I'll let Bumclasshero do the match report, but Dortmund had 10 men from about 20 minutes onwards (debatable but he may have played another player through) and after Bayern took the lead before halftime there was no way back in the game with 10 men (looked like it would be a struggle with 11 men).

Well played anyway bumclasshero and for whatever reason the PSN kicked me off the network thing into stoppage time so although I may have clawed back a 4-4 draw :laugh: I'm happy for the result to stand.

Haha, sorry about the hurry up prompt mate, I'm off out now, but yeah the red was slightly harsh in the context that it was the first tackle of the game. Good game old boy.

Inter 2 (Pazzini, Eto) Arsenal 1 (Van Persie)

Arrgh damn my inability to score. I used to be good in front of goal until I stopped playing clubs :p

Fun game, back and forth match won by a great Eto strike from just outside the box after it came to him from a corner. Top corner of the net, unstoppable.

• Paid Members

Inter 2-1 Arsenal

(Pazzini, Eto'o - Van Persie)

An enthralling game in which Inter look to be playing more like their old selves again. Reverting back to a 4-5-1 formation and initially playing Sneijder up front worked well for them in the cup tournament, and it did the job after just five minutes. With Sneijder roaming forward, he teased Clichy on the flank before bursting past him and delivering a perfect cross for Pazzini. Pazzini's initial header hit the post, but he reacted almost immediately before Arsenal could get the ball clear to tap the ball past the stunned goalkeeper to make it 1-0. Arsenal quickly found their way and bombarded the Inter goal for the rest of the half, and eventually a free kick near the half way line was booted up front to Van Persie, who caught the Italians napping to nod the equaliser.

In the second half, Arsenal continued to look dominant but just couldn't seem to capitalise. Then, following an Inter corner, the ball found it's way to Eto'o on the edge of the penalty box. Despite the Arsenal backline seemingly making a brick wall in front of him, he absolutely RIFLED the ball into the top corner to score an absolute belter of a goal, worthy of winning any game. After this it was end to end stuff, but Inter were holding their breath when they conceded a corner in the last minute of the game. The Keeper came up and the ball looked to be heading directly to him, but nothing came of it and Inter held on for the three points, thus maintaining El Nicko Loco's job for the time being :p

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Everton. (Bilyaleditnov)

Kaka

Adebayor (2)

Really tough battle. Good game Pete, really enjoyed this. Very competetive.

It was a game of headed goals. Kaka headed Madrid in front from an Adebayor cross. Everton then pressed for an equaliser whilst Madrid tried to catch them out on the break. The goal could have gone anyway and it went to the team playing in pink from a Bily header. The second half started much teh same way as both sides were looking to finish their opponents but as the game wore on you got the feeling that the Everton attackers were getting frustrated by the staunch Madrid defence. The deadlock was broken when top league scorer Adebayor nodded in a Ronaldo cross. The third came not long after and once again it was the fourth headed goal of the game and once again it was Adebayor with his nut on the end of a cross.

Excellent game though Pete. Cheers man.

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Everton. (Bilyaleditnov)

Kaka

Adebayor (2)

Really tough battle. Good game Pete, really enjoyed this. Very competetive.

It was a game of headed goals. Kaka headed Madrid in front from an Adebayor cross. Everton then pressed for an equaliser whilst Madrid tried to catch them out on the break. The goal could have gone anyway and it went to the team playing in pink from a Bily header. The second half started much teh same way as both sides were looking to finish their opponents but as the game wore on you got the feeling that the Everton attackers were getting frustrated by the staunch Madrid defence. The deadlock was broken when top league scorer Adebayor nodded in a Ronaldo cross. The third came not long after and once again it was the fourth headed goal of the game and once again it was Adebayor with his nut on the end of a cross.

Excellent game though Pete. Cheers man.

Yeah was a great game which you defo deserved the win. I look forward to trying to get my revenge at goodison in the reverse fixture. Need to work on my defending at crosses tho

Everton 0 2 Man City

Kompany

Dzeko

Man City make their return to league action with a hard fought win away at Everton. Game was very equal and the scoreline flattered Man City who seemed to spend forever on defence despite possession at full time stating 50/50. Everton had 8 shots but only 25% of them were on target, if Everton wish to win close games they will have to hit the target more often than that. Man City scored via a near post flick header from Kompany and from a long ball over the top to start the second half through Dzeko. Man City looked far from good tonight and it would appear tonight would be an opportune time to play them. Everton's league position does not do justice to how well they are performing under Pete and they will come good eventually.

With regards to carrying on the league into the second half of the season, I must admit that I liked the idea of splitting the league into two leagues or having a play-off between the top 8 to decide the winner of the league after we'd all played each other once. A two legged knockout playoff format between the top 8 with the final being a 15 minute each half one off spectacular at Wembley. Would be interesting, the rest of the league could play in a round-robin to decide the last two places in the Super Ten for next season with the rest + any newcomers playing in B division fighting for promotion to the Super Ten. Two could be relegated from the Super Ten each season leaving 8 in the playoffs.

Anyway I'm just spitballing, thought it sounded good in my head but it probably doesn't read very well.

With regards to carrying on the league into the second half of the season, I must admit that I liked the idea of splitting the league into two leagues or having a play-off between the top 8 to decide the winner of the league after we'd all played each other once. A two legged knockout playoff format between the top 8 with the final being a 15 minute each half one off spectacular at Wembley. Would be interesting, the rest of the league could play in a round-robin to decide the last two places in the Super Ten for next season with the rest + any newcomers playing in B division fighting for promotion to the Super Ten. Two could be relegated from the Super Ten each season leaving 8 in the playoffs.

Anyway I'm just spitballing, thought it sounded good in my head but it probably doesn't read very well.

I like this idea. I'm still very keen to play teh rest of the season but whenever it comes to the finish of the season we need a way to establish who will be in each division and some sort of play off system is the fairest way with possibly the top 2 positions in the league qualifying automatically.

Archived