TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City 4 0 Aston Villa

Dzeko (2)

Tevez

Silva

Tie marred by connection issues, after three attempts to get the game on. Dzeko with a 4th minute header to give City an early lead. Dzeko then made it two within 15 minutes with another header. Tevez & Silva justified the manager's faith in them by scoring the third & fourth respectively to give City a good boost after the three week enforced PSN early season break.

(Never seen connection issues that bad before, anything to do with the new update? Worked fine earlier when I gave some French kid a good game. Went 3-0 down to Real Madrid at HT, I was Villa. Came back to win 5-4 and send him into a fit of verbal abuse in French.)

I think, for me the league has stagnated somewhat, partly due to the PSN Blackout, and the fiascos with people dropping out etc. So hopefully we can get this wrapped up this time and start a new one, with a solid and reliable core of players. which to be fair everyone that's left is, and I can vouch for Dork being the same. Maybe a new formula or set up for the future to keep people that do drop out feel less inclined to do so. Other than wwffan2, who obviously operates on a completely different planet to everyone else. :laugh:

As expected, there's a bit of a lull now that people have gotten out of the habit of playing every week. We are in a good position now though as we're approaching the halfway mark in a couple of weeks or so, so can decide then if we want to stop this season after playing each other once instead of twice if most think it's a good idea. I think our previous idea of a two league system would probably be the best answer, as most will have something to play for (promotion, avoiding relegation, etc.) and the seasons will be over quicker than doing one big league like we're doing now.

I think, for me the league has stagnated somewhat, partly due to the PSN Blackout, and the fiascos with people dropping out etc. So hopefully we can get this wrapped up this time and start a new one, with a solid and reliable core of players. which to be fair everyone that's left is, and I can vouch for Dork being the same. Maybe a new formula or set up for the future to keep people that do drop out feel less inclined to do so. Other than wwffan2, who obviously operates on a completely different planet to everyone else. :laugh:

As expected, there's a bit of a lull now that people have gotten out of the habit of playing every week. We are in a good position now though as we're approaching the halfway mark in a couple of weeks or so, so can decide then if we want to stop this season after playing each other once instead of twice if most think it's a good idea. I think our previous idea of a two league system would probably be the best answer, as most will have something to play for (promotion, avoiding relegation, etc.) and the seasons will be over quicker than doing one big league like we're doing now.

I completely agree (not just because I'm top :p)

Barcelona 2-0 Dortmund

Its baffling to see why Dortmund are at the bottom half of the league after this game, they played exceptionally well and had the better of the first half against a rusty Barca who havn't played in a month at least. Unfortunatly they had a man sent off after Xavi was brought down from behind and during the second half Barca found more rhythm although were not at top speed. Pique settled the nerves on 69' with a lovely header from a corner, ghosting between two defenders to send Camp Nou into raptures. As Dortmund pressed for a equaliser, the defence got caught out of position and some neat work from left to right found Xavi 25 yards out centrally with the ball and he fired a low, quick shot right into the bottom corner that no keeper in the world would of stopped. Barca are thankful for the three points but it nearly turned out a horror show, Dortmund pressed hard, chased everything and on a different day, might upset the Catalans.

Barcelona 2-0 Dortmund

Its baffling to see why Dortmund are at the bottom half of the league after this game, they played exceptionally well and had the better of the first half against a rusty Barca who havn't played in a month at least. Unfortunatly they had a man sent off after Xavi was brought down from behind and during the second half Barca found more rhythm although were not at top speed. Pique settled the nerves on 69' with a lovely header from a corner, ghosting between two defenders to send Camp Nou into raptures. As Dortmund pressed for a equaliser, the defence got caught out of position and some neat work from left to right found Xavi 25 yards out centrally with the ball and he fired a low, quick shot right into the bottom corner that no keeper in the world would of stopped. Barca are thankful for the three points but it nearly turned out a horror show, Dortmund pressed hard, chased everything and on a different day, might upset the Catalans.

Pretty much spot on there. Was never a red card, quite a shocking decision actually as went for the ball. Needed 11 to have a chance of getting anything out of the game so with 10 it was only a matter of time before I would be broken down.

Here's to the new league and being a competitive team. :thumbsup:

Everton 2 Dortmund 2

Good game everton twice took the lead with goals by cahill and pinear but dortmund pulled level for the deserved draw

Barrios scoring both the goals for Dortmund. Good end to end game with both teams missing good chances to nick a winner late on.

• Paid Members

Man Citeh 1-0 Inter

Dzeko with a sweet-assed overhead kick from a picture perfect cross settled this one. The lag at both ends made it a bit of a ropey contest quality wise. Both sides had chances despite this and Joe Hart was in fine form for City in goal, twice denying Eto'o with shots on target. City defended well late on and held on for the win.

I'd also just like to note that RobJ87 graciously offered to replay the game because of the lagging, so cheers for that but it's all good, enjoy the points. :D

El Espanacas, I should be free most of today to play our game if you're around.

These are the games that still have to be played:

Week 5

Inter Milan v Aston Villa

Liverpool v Barcelona

Roma v Man Utd

Arsenal v Roma

Man Utd v Real Madrid

Week 4 remainders:

Bayern Munich v Man Utd

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Atletico Madrid v Roma

Man Utd v Napoli

Man City 1 0 Inter Milan

Dzeko

Lag ruined game, neither side got the opportunity to play their real brand of football but 3 more points in the Man City rise up the table.

Archived