UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Athletico 0 - 0 Real Madrid. (Next weeks fixture as I'm away from Mon til Sat.)

The madrid derby ended goaless and am I ever happy with that!!!

I got battered. Had Pepe sent off in the 33rd minute but somehow held on but sacrificed my attack in order to keep a clean sheet although I'm sure Atheltico will be very unhappy with the quality of some of their finishing. They should've had it wrapped up comfortably.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal 0 Dortmund 0 (my fault but game was played at the Emirates instead of mine).

Dortmund showed why they are the worst team on Fifa 11 by missing god knows how many chances with Arsenal also having a few opportunities of there own. The use of a red ball also made things difficult for both teams with some sloppy passing.

Here's hoping I have my change request granted to change to Porto or Benfica. I can't take Dortmund anymore the players are no where near as good as real life.

Arsenal 0 Dortmund 0

Funnily enough I'd say this was the most one sided game I've played so far. The teams that have beaten me didn't kick my ass as much as Denzel did. I had one chance and I messed it up because his keeper started to come out and then stopped...but I'd already gone for the chip. Unluckyness and rushing a couple of shots cost Dortmund 3 points here. I need to practise but don't really enjoy playing AI or randomers who d/c when I'm winning!

• Paid Members

Liverpool 1-2 Inter Milan

Goals: Liverpool- Carrol, Inter- Eto'o (twice)

After back to back defeats, Inter got back on the winning track against the Merseysiders in an tough fixture. Liverpool started the better side but just couldn't break the deadlock. Inter have had a knack in this competition so far of making opponents pay for not taking their chances or for switching off defensively, and Eto'o was responsible for two good goals after breaking through the otherwise solid 'Pool defense. The first saw a through ball from Pazzini latched onto by the Cameroon international, but his eventual shot was well saved by Reina. But Eto'o's quick thinking saw him nicely volley home the rebound in mid-air to give the Italian's their opener. It was a similar story with the second goal, with Maicon this time threading the through ball through the defense and Eto'o again racing through and this time completely beating Reina one on one to make it 2-0 just before half time.

Because the EA servers have been playing silly buggers all day, our connection ran out just before half time. Scorpion Deathlock agreed that we'd call that half time and start a new game and play the first half with the same score. Liverpool started well and had much more of the possession, and finally got their reward when Andy Carroll pulled a goal back for them. Julio Cesar got a touch to it, but he could only palm it onto the post (The ball then rolled across the line and trickled in off the opposite post!). After this, Liverpool came close to scoring again, but Inter held firm and kept clearing their lines. A tough game, but Inter get back to winning ways in a contest that was probably more suited to a draw.

BONUS MATCH REPORT!!

Exhibition

Liverpool (Stunstone) 3-2 Norwich (Me)

Son of a bitch. Great game though. I've been thrashed in tourne play twice by Stunstone now, and went 3-0 down here, but pulled it back to 3-2 (This was all in the first half!) and just couldn't find a third. Still, I did better against him as Norwich than I did with Inter. Think I'd better have a word with the Inter chairman and get him to pick up Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan for a few million or so.

I'd be up for playing a cup.

If Man Utd or Lyon want to play tonight post in here when you're on and I'll get on my PS3.

Here's hoping I have my change request granted to change to Porto or Benfica. I can't take Dortmund anymore the players are no where near as good as real life.

Unfortunately I think it's a bit too late for that as all the games you've played so far would have to be replayed as it wouldn't be fair on the teams you've yet to play and have played if you switched teams, so would become a bit of a mess.

I'd be up for playing a cup.

If Man Utd or Lyon want to play tonight post in here when you're on and I'll get on my PS3.

Unfortunately I think it's a bit too late for that as all the games you've played so far would have to be replayed as it wouldn't be fair on the teams you've yet to play and have played if you switched teams, so would become a bit of a mess.

Not to worry. I'll stick for this season. :(

Not seen Lyon around yet so get in touch if your back online.

I'll be doing the weekly round up on SUnday this week cos I'm away from Monday til Friday so get as many games boxed off as you can guys. Should be up Sunday night after the Liverpool game.

I've still got Lyon to play from this week, sent you a few messages Snake on here and PSN but haven't had a reply. Also if Man United wanna play our game from next week I will be free most of Saturday night, same goes to you Snake.

What is happening with Lyon...? Have they played a game yet? If not are they dropping out of the league?

They haven't played an actual game yet, only the two they lost via the three week rule. I'll give him until the end of the weekend to start playing and then I'll check on his status.

Archived