Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Paid Members

In 2009, Roode and Storm signed for 5 years. He said there was a little interest from WWE, but not enough interest to make an offer for them. Roode and Storm will always be pushed in TNA and the schedule is good for someone who's married with kids. The likes of Beer Money and AJ Styles have bigger downside guarentees than a lot of WWE uppercard wrestlers and dont need to be on the road all year. If you can get a good deal, TNA must be a great place to work. I'd rather be an AJ Styles than an Evan Bourne for example.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a hard time seeing Storm as more marketable then Roode

beer-money.jpg

I'm going with the tall, muscular babyface.. you can have the fat beer drinking southern yokel.

But who can fans relate to more? Thats the thing, muscular, tall, good looking etc, he's a cool fucker no doubt and looks awesome but I think generally wrestling fans can relate to the fat beer drinker more.

John Cena is a superhero, bodybuilder, perfect human being...

people need to relate ? People need to be impressed.

• Paid Members

Its Roode and Storm at the next PPV. Its babyface vs babyface. Someones turning. Wonder who it is? Roode could turn either because he's been done out of the title again or he could turn by screwing Storm out of the title. Storm could turn because of what Angle said the other week to him about people thinking he's the weak link of the team.

There's definitely something bigger to this story than just "Storm is now the man". If Roode wins the title and Storm turns on him, that could do wonders for both members of Beer Money. Still think they should have had Roode go over on Sunday, but the moment isn't lost yet.

I do hope its going places with roode in a storyline. Point is Kurt was banged up sunday already and you could do a Storm vs Roode feud with Roode as the champ. Storm as a heel could make Roode one of the biggest babies in the company. Like how Flair was the perfect person to help with the Hogan heel turn.

As it stands now, Roode is pretty dead in the water and Storm is a TV champ... the fact that even this weekend the plan was to put the belt on Roode suggest that they have no long term plan for both Storm and Roode. THAT is what saddens me the most.

worst title change to happen since david arquettes WCW championship win IMO

Really?

Swagger_682x400_1018838a.jpg

at least Swagger had some credibility beforehand as ecw champion

well he hadnt been doing much substantial for about a year except a regular slot on Superstars before he won mitb; quickly winning the belt and then dropping all those characteristics that made him entertaining in the first place turned me right off.

i actually prefer storm to roode; while very solid, roode has never impressed me to the point where ive though of him as star of your brand. what might hurt storm is that, while funny and able to get bring great fire to a match, the cowboy schtick might be hard to get across and relate to a contemporary national and international audience and have a bit of a 'wrasslin is a hick pastime' to it. i know austin was a redneck but storm really pushes that button hard.

on the other hand i was astounded as to over they were as a team, live when i saw them in january; never really a huge fan of them when i watched them on tv, they were great in person.

worst title change to happen since david arquettes WCW championship win IMO

Really?

Swagger_682x400_1018838a.jpg

at least Swagger had some credibility beforehand as ecw champion

In a unmemorable 3 month run which he won the title to fuel the Matt Hardy heel turn, only defended the title on Pay Per View against Finlay, not being on WrestleMania 25 and then dropping the title to Christian. Credibility? Really?

Storm has more credibilty. Multi-time tag team champion. Been a part of two of TNA's greatest tag teams. Been one of the originals of TNA to. I would say Storm wipes the floor with Swagger easily. You can argue the two are rip offs of both Angle/Austin but Swagger is utter shite.

It sickens me that James Storm is the champ instead of Bobby Roode. Roode is all class when it comes to look, how he talks, personality and wrestling style. He's what a real wrestler is suppose to be. Storm is average at best in the ring and to me he comes off like a low class, uneducated redneck who just wants to drink beer all day and hang out at Walmart and Nascar events. I can't even understand what he is saying half the time. Roode represents class and reall wrestling and that would've been the image if TNA made him the champ. Roode would've made a great representative for TNA and make the "wrestling matters" tag line seem legit. Instead we have James Storm who gives off the vibe that TNA is southern rasslin'. I'm disgusted with the recent turn of events.

Archived