Tom (1): Ron Simmons

Not voting: spotlightmagnet1, unfitfinlay, Carbomb

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day deadline: 5pm Friday 15th April

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You were right behind me to say how I was right about Nexus, and I'm saying it could be distancing but granted I came at you a bit strong as I felt like you'd played me a bit and had tried to set me up. I never said I was the first to finger Nexus in the entire game but just in the previous phase. I've not twisted anything as it's fact you quickly followed up on my Nexus point; but since my posts yesterday I've seen some holes in my case on you, and am willing to admit maybe my suspicions were based in paranoia. Like I said, you have been very strongly voicing that it's game over if you're lynched and I can't take that risk

Spotlight and swift; are either of you willing to admit that you're the bomb?

It certainly sounded like that's what you were suggesting. You're actually my number one suspect at this stage, I just don't feel satisfied by your answers.

However, I agree with you in that both swiftstrike and spotlightmagnet should roleclaim. Along with every other poster. I think at this stage it's important the town know who is what, and why.

I just like to play devils advocate and throw stuff about; I was wrong with Lion, seems like I was wrong with TDK and I was right with Nexus; granted, it's a mixed bag. Not saying it certainly was distancing, and I can't see you lynched; you're too important after more losses again

Hmmm, I actually forgot about TDK. That said, I doubt brownie would have voted the way he did last phase if he were scum. It would have been stupid. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'm 90% sure he's a town player.

And that seems like buddying :/

I'm going to leave you a case to answer to some time in the next 24 hours, an absolute chance for you to change what I'm about to do (ie. vote for you), but as it stands I'm more sure that you're scum than anyone else.

So:

Vote tom

As I've said I'm going to build a case on you. Maybe it'll be definitive, maybe it'll mean you'll argue your case so well I'll feel reassured. But right now I just think there's something not quite right about some of your posts. We'll see.

My point was I think he's town too hence the seems I was wrong but there's still doubt. I think you're town, you've got a power role, so it's obvious I don't want to see you lynched and thus not really buddying as such. I look forward to your case but don't see how it's more than me being aggressive to TDK but actually saving him with regards to the Mike PM by mentioning the quote, wrongly accusing Lion like a lot did, being an absolute rem about a SK, and then me getting cold-feet about you

I'll defend myself but I maintain for now I see you as important town

Also, a post from me early on, a crap attempt to show I was town but hopefully it got the point across :

I think I'm going to start this one by not trusting anybody and giving no one a free ride

The point being that because I was scum in the last game I had a group of guys to trust and I was able to leave the scum guys alone almost completely and just attack people I knew to be town or mason etc.. And in this game as I am town, I'm stating that no one will be knowingly given a free ride as everyone is under suspicion due to not knowing who the scum guys are. Probably a real rubbish first attempt at placing down a marker to refer to later on but a marker it certainly was

For now I'm happy you're town given what I've seen of you, and as such I'm going to advance my fos on swift to a vote, as not much has been done to show me he's not scum

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

Whoah, is that a protective vote?! If not I'd say be VERY careful about this, it's a day in to the new phase and uncomfortably someone is already two votes away from lynch. Even if swiftstrike gets lynched today we need to make the most of our time and gain information. Don't like this vote at all.

• Paid Members
You were right behind me to say how I was right about Nexus, and I'm saying it could be distancing but granted I came at you a bit strong as I felt like you'd played me a bit and had tried to set me up. I never said I was the first to finger Nexus in the entire game but just in the previous phase. I've not twisted anything as it's fact you quickly followed up on my Nexus point; but since my posts yesterday I've seen some holes in my case on you, and am willing to admit maybe my suspicions were based in paranoia. Like I said, you have been very strongly voicing that it's game over if you're lynched and I can't take that risk

Spotlight and swift; are either of you willing to admit that you're the bomb?

It certainly sounded like that's what you were suggesting. You're actually my number one suspect at this stage, I just don't feel satisfied by your answers.

However, I agree with you in that both swiftstrike and spotlightmagnet should roleclaim. Along with every other poster. I think at this stage it's important the town know who is what, and why.

I just like to play devils advocate and throw stuff about; I was wrong with Lion, seems like I was wrong with TDK and I was right with Nexus; granted, it's a mixed bag. Not saying it certainly was distancing, and I can't see you lynched; you're too important after more losses again

Hmmm, I actually forgot about TDK. That said, I doubt brownie would have voted the way he did last phase if he were scum. It would have been stupid. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'm 90% sure he's a town player.

And that seems like buddying :/

I'm going to leave you a case to answer to some time in the next 24 hours, an absolute chance for you to change what I'm about to do (ie. vote for you), but as it stands I'm more sure that you're scum than anyone else.

So:

Vote tom

As I've said I'm going to build a case on you. Maybe it'll be definitive, maybe it'll mean you'll argue your case so well I'll feel reassured. But right now I just think there's something not quite right about some of your posts. We'll see.

My point was I think he's town too hence the seems I was wrong but there's still doubt. I think you're town, you've got a power role, so it's obvious I don't want to see you lynched and thus not really buddying as such. I look forward to your case but don't see how it's more than me being aggressive to TDK but actually saving him with regards to the Mike PM by mentioning the quote, wrongly accusing Lion like a lot did, being an absolute rem about a SK, and then me getting cold-feet about you

I'll defend myself but I maintain for now I see you as important town

Also, a post from me early on, a crap attempt to show I was town but hopefully it got the point across :

I think I'm going to start this one by not trusting anybody and giving no one a free ride

The point being that because I was scum in the last game I had a group of guys to trust and I was able to leave the scum guys alone almost completely and just attack people I knew to be town or mason etc.. And in this game as I am town, I'm stating that no one will be knowingly given a free ride as everyone is under suspicion due to not knowing who the scum guys are. Probably a real rubbish first attempt at placing down a marker to refer to later on but a marker it certainly was

For now I'm happy you're town given what I've seen of you, and as such I'm going to advance my fos on swift to a vote, as not much has been done to show me he's not scum

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

Whoah, is that a protective vote?! If not I'd say be VERY careful about this, it's a day in to the new phase and uncomfortably someone is already two votes away from lynch. Even if swiftstrike gets lynched today we need to make the most of our time and gain information. Don't like this vote at all.

What do you mean by a protective vote?

• Paid Members

Basically a vote to try force a quick lynch, and thus win the game for scum. To avoid a case derailing the swift wagon.

I'm not saying swift ISN'T scum, but the scum need one town lynch to win. We need three scum lynches. So a fast lynch isn't in our interest at this stage even if it's a correct one.

• Paid Members
I'm going to role claim.

I am the bomb. Hope that helps.

O RLY?

Vote: spotlightmagnet1

If tom's telling the truth about going for the bomb role, but getting vanilla it's either spotlightmagnet or swiftstrike that's the bomb. So I actually believe his claim. It doesn't make him town, but it doesn't make him scum either.

• Paid Members

tom claimed that? I've been reading through the entire thread and not seen that at all. To be honest, after a while, everything becomes a block of text and nothing's sinking in. Which page is it?

Either way, it's not good - if there was any one role who shouldn't claim, it's the bomb, because now, if he's Town, he's lost all efficacy and narrowed it down for the Scum.

EBWOP: Will remove vote for spotlightmagnet1 if and when this claim is pointed out, and if and when I'm satisfied tom was telling the truth.

• Paid Members
tom claimed that? I've been reading through the entire thread and not seen that at all. To be honest, after a while, everything becomes a block of text and nothing's sinking in. Which page is it?

Either way, it's not good - if there was any one role who shouldn't claim, it's the bomb, because now, if he's Town, he's lost all efficacy and narrowed it down for the Scum.

EBWOP: Will remove vote for spotlightmagnet1 if and when this claim is pointed out, and if and when I'm satisfied tom was telling the truth.

I'm accessing the site on a phone just now so I can't find it for you tonight, but I'm sure someone will. If not I'll track the quote down tomorrow.

However, you say he's 'just narrowed it down for the scum' - given that Bristep's a claimed watcher, and that the bomb HAS to be either swiftstrike or spotlightmagnet, I take it you're suggesting neither man in scum? If that's the case, why? Or do you think/know swiwftstrike is town? Could you elaborate on this statement?

Oh, and:

FOS Carbomb

• Paid Members

Here you go.

Tom - You made a vanilla claim last day, are you willing to disclose which role you applied for?

Sure. I applied to be a Bomb, but obviously I did not get it and as a result I ended up being vanilla townie

I think we maybe need to look at who seph fingered in the previous phase as obviously he's ended up dead and it could be because he was onto something with someone he targeted. My main hunches focused on Lion and, to a lesser extent at the end of the phase, brownie last time so, but I went to ATG as I, wrongly, thought something was a bit suspect plus his lack of activity, and wanted to avoid a no-lynch. Hands up, I got it wrong.

You asked about this before, incidentally, and Kenny answered a few minutes later.

Wait a minute - I'm feeling a bit dim here, but who's claimed a bomb? I haven't seen any claims, or at least must have missed it.

No-one. Tom claimed vanilla but said he went for bomb, so we can reasonably assume that someone above him in the pecking order got it first...if Tom's telling the truth.

Tom - You made a vanilla claim last day, are you willing to disclose which role you applied for?

Sure. I applied to be a Bomb, but obviously I did not get it and as a result I ended up being vanilla townie

I think we maybe need to look at who seph fingered in the previous phase as obviously he's ended up dead and it could be because he was onto something with someone he targeted. My main hunches focused on Lion and, to a lesser extent at the end of the phase, brownie last time so, but I went to ATG as I, wrongly, thought something was a bit suspect plus his lack of activity, and wanted to avoid a no-lynch. Hands up, I got it wrong.

Page 42.

Carbomb, if you are convinced that bomb is a good scum role, then why couldn't the scum player be tom for attempting to get the role?

• Paid Members
I'm accessing the site on a phone just now so I can't find it for you tonight, but I'm sure someone will. If not I'll track the quote down tomorrow.

However, you say he's 'just narrowed it down for the scum' - given that Bristep's a claimed watcher, and that the bomb HAS to be either swiftstrike or spotlightmagnet, I take it you're suggesting neither man in scum? If that's the case, why? Or do you think/know swiwftstrike is town? Could you elaborate on this statement?

Oh, and:

FOS Carbomb

It's very simple: if spotlightmagnet IS Town, he's just flagged himself as the guy to keep away from for the Scum's next kill - they won't touch him, which means they can narrow their focus to just a few people now without having to worry about hitting the bomb any more. If spotlight had kept quiet, we would've had a chance that Scum would hit him, and he'd take them with him. Given we've only lynched one Scum thus far, and we're a gnat's crotchet away from losing, we need as much of an edge over the Scum as possible, and that includes the chance to kill them outside a lynch, especially as we've already lost a vig.

You asked about this before, incidentally, and Kenny answered a few minutes later.

Wait a minute - I'm feeling a bit dim here, but who's claimed a bomb? I haven't seen any claims, or at least must have missed it.

No-one. Tom claimed vanilla but said he went for bomb, so we can reasonably assume that someone above him in the pecking order got it first...if Tom's telling the truth.

Fuck, so I did. This is getting very worrying: without trying to play on illnesses or anything, I'm getting very worried about the state of my memory in recent months. It really never used to be this bad.

Page 42.

Carbomb, if you are convinced that bomb is a good scum role, then why couldn't the scum player be tom for attempting to get the role?

I didn't say it was a good Scum role, I'm saying it's an excellent Scum-killer Town role, and if you are telling the truth, you've just cut your own balls off. What's more, as I said before, they can narrow their focus on other Town, safe in the knowledge they're not going to lose anyone with their kills.

I think he voted because he thought it was a false claim...if that's the case, why did you think that? If not, why did you place that vote?

I'd forgotten about the tom choice, but also, quite frankly, it just strikes me as either scummy or tactically inept to directly roleclaim if you are a Town bomb, especially when there's no pressure on you at all whatsoever. The entire potency of the bomb role lies in the Scum not knowing you're a bomb, so if you are, why would you suddenly claim to be one when you don't need to? Scum would do that to throw people into doubt, so that Town would be completely afraid to touch them just in case they were wrong, especially at the stage we are now.

As it is, I'm unsure as to whether or not to withdraw my vote: it all hinges on two main variables.

1. Is tom telling the truth?

2. Has spotlight made a scummy claim, or just an ill-advised one?

I have a feeling that the scum already knew who the bomb was anyway. I can't see spotlight and swift both being town, because that would mean the first 7 players draft-wise are town (Again, I'm including myself here) which I find statistically unlikely.

Only question is, is spotlight telling the truth? And is Tom?

I'm LA most of the day, will be working in my garden all morning/afternoon then training tonight. I'm getting too old for this shit.

Archived