Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
I have proven I am town, the only one who has, yet you are another player suspecting me.

See it's stuff like that that makes me suspicious of you. The whole point of the game, from a scum point of view, is that you try to look like you're town. Realistically, you aren't "proven town" until you flip, are verified by a Cop, or you lead a lynch against scum. Being right about someone not being scum certainly doesn't clear you since the only people who would know that for sure are the scum.

You aren't the only person I'm suspicious of, and I don't think lynching you today, but surely you agree at this stage we should look at everybody and question everything we find suspicious? Regardless of who posted it.

EBWOP

That should read "I don't think lynching you today is the best idea"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I have proven I am town, the only one who has, yet you are another player suspecting me.

See it's stuff like that that makes me suspicious of you. The whole point of the game, from a scum point of view, is that you try to look like you're town. Realistically, you aren't "proven town" until you flip, are verified by a Cop, or you lead a lynch against scum. Being right about someone not being scum certainly doesn't clear you since the only people who would know that for sure are the scum.

You aren't the only person I'm suspicious of, and I don't think lynching you today, but surely you agree at this stage we should look at everybody and question everything we find suspicious? Regardless of who posted it.

EBWOP

That should read "I don't think lynching you today is the best idea"

EBWODP: Sorry knackered the code for bolding

• Paid Members

Vote: Ron Simmons

Bristep may be pulling the wool over my eyes, but I do somewhat trust him in this game. His case on Ron was strong, and I'm still suspicious of Tom. It could be distancing, or it could be genuine - I don't know. But if it's genuine, then he's picked up on Ron buddying as well.

Someone is awful keen to find out if there is a cop in the game. I'm not the cop if there is one.

The only case proved to be incorrect this game from me is Snake, and boy did I get that one wrong. Tdk/brownie and yourself still have to be proven incorrect.

I've played one game as scum on here, 3 in total on the site no including this one so I don't see how using meta is valid.

I love your contradictions as well, using your lines about focusing on lion and family guy to show that you get too focused on someone when you are town yet when I do it I'm scum? Also you accuse me of OMGUS when you say that I've only focused on people when they accuse me or are vocal yet I voted for snake after he said he thought I was tow, and he wasn't overly vocal either! You then follow it up by voting for me despite thinking (prior to my vote on you) that I was probably town.

Also I didn't suspect kenny, hence I didn't pressure him. Not every little thought process has to be splayed up for the scum to know your thought process, sometimes it's good to store things in mind and let the evidence build.

Someone is awful keen to find out if there is a cop in the game. I'm not the cop if there is one.

Anyway, Tom, I don't think there was anything particularly scummy about what Ron tried to do. I do think we are falling into the trap of only suspecting the people who are most vocal, which really cost town the game last time. I'm particularly interested that SpotlightMagnet hasn't posted this phase, given how vocal he was about lurkers earlier.

Yeah, sorry I've been gone a long time, I went to Swansea, came back late on Tuesday and since then I've had to basically live in my bathroom with one end pointd at the toilet (or on two occasions, both ends), I've been reading this phase this morning sorry it's taken quite long but I've still got a pretty bad headache.

As the day phase as gone on, I'm still not sold on SMS. Maybe I need to read again but he says he's town and that he has a rolecop role, but he keeps urging for a mass roleclaim using the argument of protecting the town from the bomb. As far as I can tell this could be for three reasons:

1. SMS is town, strongly believes the bomb would be a scum role and may try to lynch them using a vanilla as the L-1 in an attempt to protect the roles town still have.

2. SMS is scum, using his rolecop powers to try and hunt for the bomb so that the scum don't kill themselves needlessly.

3. SMS is scum and is trying to give the bomb a reason to come out and be protected somewhat from the town.

That's my take on it thus far, I'll try to be more constant with my posts.

• Paid Members

I dint expect you to claim.

You didn't pressure Kenny because you didn't suspect him? Don't you see how flawed that is? If you don't question everyone people slip under the radar. There's a reason the town hasn't won a game in an age - pretty much the same people get focussed on EVERY game and the scum slip by. That's absolutely true.

EBWOP don't, not dint...

• Paid Members

I'm not sure what I think now really; Ron certainly appears to be buddying up to me and then he more or less tried to push me under a bus, which he admits, and he's got form on such a thing now. I'm worried about him, for sure but I'm worried about Carbomb. He barely posts and when he does, he seems to act as if there's not much more he can add, but he's a lot better than that, and he's more or less gone completely under the radar. In one of his posts he tried to casually push me into suspicion by saying I was trying to irritate and wind people up, but offered no evidence of this, and although this was left by me at the time I did feel a bit concerned by it. I still also think that SMS hasn't proven he is town at all, and his attempts to push the lynch off snake could simply have been to appear innocent but knowing full well that the lynch would go through regardless.

• Paid Members
I have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am town.

No, you haven't, and it seems I'm not the only one to have noticed this. The last time you tried to shoehorn yourself into innocence like this, you turned out to be a Scum Framer, and I ended up kicking myself for not pushing you on it, so you're not getting away that easily.

Yes, you pushed not to lynch Snake, but if you were Scum, you could just easily have decided that your work was now done, he was going to be lynched anyway, and tried to buy yourself Townie points by pushing that issue right to the end to make yourself look Town. Sort of like gently pushing someone in a wheelchair so it starts rolling down the hill, and then half-heartedly running after it saying "No. Stop. Someone help", and then standing next to the splattered mess at the bottom pointing at all the people nearby, saying "It's YOUR fault, YOU didn't help, I tried to stop it, I'm a good Samaritan".

I'm not sure what I think now really; Ron certainly appears to be buddying up to me and then he more or less tried to push me under a bus, which he admits, and he's got form on such a thing now. I'm worried about him, for sure but I'm worried about Carbomb. He barely posts and when he does, he seems to act as if there's not much more he can add, but he's a lot better than that, and he's more or less gone completely under the radar. In one of his posts he tried to casually push me into suspicion by saying I was trying to irritate and wind people up, but offered no evidence of this, and although this was left by me at the time I did feel a bit concerned by it. I still also think that SMS hasn't proven he is town at all, and his attempts to push the lynch off snake could simply have been to appear innocent but knowing full well that the lynch would go through regardless.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if I've gone under the radar, that's the fault of whoever it is who's failed to put me under the spotlight or ask questions. I've had limited time to post recently, but I've tried to do my best to Scum-hunt; sure, I was wrong about Lion, but I was rather vindicated in my choice not to lynch Snake - a bit of a Pyrrhic victory, because we've lost the one Town member who can't be targeted by the Scum.

As to why I suspected you, I did say at the time that it just wasn't enough to lynch you, which is why I didn't even FOS you, and I've not gone after you since: you've not done anything else to make me suspect you, and there's been plenty scummier behaviour since from others.

• Paid Members

If I've 'buddied up to you' it's not been intentional. I might have said you were a good player it's because I meant it - did I not say it in the context of suspecting you as scum though? Instantly becomes less 'buddying' then if that's the case. That said, I don't 'buddy' town OR scum, though I'll admit I tiptoe round Bristep in the way you'd tiptoe round a sleeping bear if you found yourself in its den. We can't afford a mislynch today, and that's what I'd be. So I'd suggest you re-read the thread - all of you - and stop 'following the leader' with Bristep. That's why we lose these games!!

• Paid Members

If I've 'buddied up to you' it's not been intentional. I might have said you were a good player it's because I meant it - did I not say it in the context of suspecting you as scum though? Instantly becomes less 'buddying' then if that's the case. That said, I don't 'buddy' town OR scum, though I'll admit I tiptoe round Bristep in the way you'd tiptoe round a sleeping bear if you found yourself in its den. We can't afford a mislynch today, and that's what I'd be. So I'd suggest you re-read the thread - all of you - and stop 'following the leader' with Bristep. That's why we lose these games!!

A bit off the mark - bristep was WCW last game, and the Wolfpac won. And you would've been close to winning if you hadn't bussed yourself.

• Paid Members

A bit off the mark - bristep was WCW last game, and the Wolfpac won. And you would've been close to winning if you hadn't bussed yourself.

I obviously don't just mean 'following Bristep' specifically, though that happens - I mean following other players who take the lead and not making your own mind up. Look at the early lynches from the past few games, one person picks off the vocal players, and then the true culprits escape unscathed. It's really frustrating, I get accused of being scum every game because I'm vocal - at least I'm making the effort to throw around ideas. Sure they're not always correct, but there's some people who look for things to push and then press on them, rather than ask questions and provide balanced outlooks. That's why we always lose games as a town faction. People need to think outside the box for a change. The same people get accused of being scum every game, and thus others escape. There's a rinse repeat of the same 'good' players taking turns as scum members ironically - but they're rarely accused. It's slightly farcical.

And if we'd played "follow the leader" with me in that game he'd have been lynched on day 2.

and @Ron : I'm just playing the game, I put my vote in on you and all of a sudden I'm scum and I'm tunnelling and I'm evil. It's one vote, same as it was for Snake and TDK. Of course I'll argue my case if you try to argue against it, I don't see what's wrong with that. You are insulting the rest of the town by saying that they just in essence sheep me or any vocal player, they have minds of their own and can make their own mind up. If they see validity in my case then they should vote for it. If they think I'm talking bollocks then they should say so.

I can take criticism mate, and despite what you've said I can be open minded about my own theories. What you (and to some degree Snake from earlier) seem to forget is that if I think you're guilty, then everything you say I'll take with a pinch of salt. If you just sit and say that I'm tunnelling, I'm omgusing, I'm wifoming, I'm trying to lead the town, I'm an asshole, whatever, what factual argument does that give me to convince me that I'm wrong? If I know I have a legitimate suspicion then all that looks like you trying to rubbish my case without actually disproving it.

To quote a very famous wise man, I have one speed. GO. You're basically telling me not to be so vocal and not to go after people hard if I think they are scum but at the same time chastising others for lurking or not contributing/scum hunting. You didn't vocalise any issue with my play when it was Snake and TDK getting focused on, but suddenly when it's you it's the biggest crime in the world.

How about instead of moaning about how players don't get focused on because they're the 'good' players, You actually GO FIND A CASE ON ONE. Don't just stick a vote on me with a bunch of meta and hope others will just jump on board. In other words, if you're desperate to avoid a mislynch, go find us a wagon to lynch scum with as opposed to voting for me based mostly on the fact that I've voted for you.

You've jumped on many little potential slips, you've claimed to throw out lots of ideas and theories. How about this. It's day 3, and we're losing hard. Time for ideas and theories to become accusations and WINNING! And this goes for everyone. Go look at your suspect list and focus on the top of it. Go look at their play in the game, go find a reason to vote for them or take them off your list. If you don't have a strong enough suspect to warrant a vote, then it's time to go find one.

Until then I'm going keep with my gut feeling that I'm right.

And on a side note, Carbomb you're really lurky in this game, It's hard for someone to make a case for you when you're just sitting on the fringe of the play so as one of the people who's role is very much unknown (Since the only vanilla claim below you was a weak doctor, but that could be someone above you), I'd like to know who your current standout scumspects are. I'll put that to Unfitfinlay, Spotlight and Nexus too.

• Paid Members
And on a side note, Carbomb you're really lurky in this game, It's hard for someone to make a case for you when you're just sitting on the fringe of the play so as one of the people who's role is very much unknown (Since the only vanilla claim below you was a weak doctor, but that could be someone above you), I'd like to know who your current standout scumspects are. I'll put that to Unfitfinlay, Spotlight and Nexus too.

Like I said above, work's been making things difficult - my job has quite a bit to do with Japan, and as you can imagine, the recent events have made things pretty hectic.

My main suspects at the moment are Nexus for his slip-up concerning SMS' role, and asking him for a result when he thought he was a Cop, and SMS for his "outing" of power roles.

If I'm honest, my game's suffering from a lack of time to be able to read all posts absolutely thoroughly at the moment; it's difficult to keep track of the more subtle intricacies of people's posts.

Archived