Hollywood's top 40 earners in 2010.....

martyngnr

Spielbergs royalties from Universal theme parks, I know that alot of the rides are based on his films etc but how on earth do they make enough profit to give him $50m a year?

Are you serious? Universal Studios has approx 50m visitors a year! Tickets are something like 70 Dollars. Then you have the god knows how much revenue is generated from Merchandise, Food etc etc.

But that is just to Spielberg, then factor in the $200m they've paid for the rights to Harry Potter and will be paying Rowling an annual fee. Then what they are paying for stuff like Shrek, Simpson, MIB, The Mummy, Nickelodeon, Marvel etc. Spielberg has barely anything to do with the parks apart from 2 rides that I can think of and he's getting $50m?

Of course the figure is madness, but if they couldn't afford it I don't think they would be paying it. The Universal parks are a multi billion dollar generating revenue stream.

Yup, I was over there late last year and they're on course to have made back the investment from Harry Potter by Easter this year. According to the lady who was running the shop that is, there was a 90 minute wait just to get into the shop one time I was there. So yeah it's making hundreds and hundreds of millions.

People like Spielberg or Nolan I can understand but I have never even heard of that Twilight guy.

But you have heard of Twilight....

Maybe it's because he's not in the first one, so he didn't sign a four picture deal before that turned out to be a massive success.

He is in the first one. He just had to get in shape for the 2nd movie.

Much to your delight ;)

• Paid Members
People like Spielberg or Nolan I can understand but I have never even heard of that Twilight guy.

Maybe it's because he's not in the first one, so he didn't sign a four picture deal before that turned out to be a massive success.

Much to your delight ;)

Maybe you should try and get some pointers. Then you wouldn't have to dress like Morph? ;)

Much to your delight ;)

Maybe you should try and get some pointers. Then you wouldn't have to dress like Morph? ;)

Fat Morph, thank you.

• Paid Members

Much to your delight ;)

Fat Morph, thank you.

That doesn't count as a botch!

• Paid Members
Yeah, but just because you haven't heard the name of the actor playing a key role in one of the most successful film franchises in the world right now doesn't mean he's not a big earner. I'm kind of surprised that he's the biggest money out of the Twilight leads though. Maybe it's because he's not in the first one, so he didn't sign a four picture deal before that turned out to be a massive success.

Check the full list, the other 2 are on the same money as him, he just has more money from other roles.

Archived