TNA's Tag Division

rocky64

TNA's tag team division in on the verge of implosion, After beer money vs mcmg again what are we left with? Beer money vs Gen Me.

Gunner and Murphy are no where near the level needed to be considered a contender, orlando and eric again are a comedy team with no real heat and the division seems exhausted. Ink Ink have potential but are still some way off.

For me gunner and murphy should be given the hire for help gimmick similar to the apa when they split from immortal, they also need some decent attire and i think the bossman style would suit.

a hardys reunion would be fun for a short time but theres only two teams at the level worthy of fueding with, mcmg and beer money, plus it wouldnt benefit jeff at all at this stage. Team 3D could never reunite now unless there's some russorific booking although i wouldnt pass on tna doing that for a 3d hardy fued.

I can see red and crimson been put together when crimsons push ultimatly fails or tna get bored of him.

It would appear with everything else going on in tna the tag division has become an after thought.

Personally i wouldnt mind jimmy hart returning with the naturals and maybe now is the time for WGTT.

I just struggle to see where there goin next

• Paid Members

Surely Immortal pursuing babyface Beer Money for the titles is reasonably fresh? Hardys or Terry/Hernandez for instance?

That's right, isn't it? Big Rob joined Immortal? Or was that a dream?

Surely Immortal pursuing babyface Beer Money for the titles is reasonably fresh? Hardys or Terry/Hernandez for instance?

That's right, isn't it? Big Rob joined Immortal? Or was that a dream?

I wouldn't use the Hardy Boyz, Matt Hardy has been awful in ring since he started in TNA. I'm not just saying it becuase it's cool to hate him either, he really is the shits. Jeff Hardy is way to valuable to be put in the tag division as well, I want to see him have some good matches with Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam before he goes down, and maybe een Sting when he comes back.

• Paid Members
I wouldn't use the Hardy Boyz,

Neither would I, I would use the Hardy Boys, or simply Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy.

Jeff Hardy is way to valuable to be put in the tag division as well,

Saying Jeff is too valuable for the tag team division says more about your attitude towards the division than him. It's not really about the tag team division, its about a storyline, its Immortal vs Fortune, and any title one group has, the other should send as strong challengers as possible after.

I want to see him have some good matches with Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam before he goes down,

Been there, done that.

and maybe een Sting when he comes back.

IF.

I'm sure Sting will be back sooner or later in TNA, and as for Jeff Hardy feuding with Kurt and Rob, whats wrong with that? He had that good match with Kurt Angle at No Surrender, I'm sure a proper feud would be some fun. As for RVD, they would be stupid not to make it happen. I'm not saying it would make big money and start getting 2.0s in the ratings, becuase it seems that nothing will do that, but it would be fun to watch.

• Paid Members

There's nothing wrong with it, but in storyline terms Immortal's priorities should be regaining the World title, and dispensing with Fortune, which Beer Money are half of. When the groups were united, the tag belts were in Bischoff's extended camp. Now they aren't, and I just think it would make sense to send men after them.

They seem to be at least trying to tell stories with their tv rather than just throwing out matches "just to be good." Like SmackDown.

I think saying the tag division is about to become shit is a little hysterical but there is the chance of it becoming stale if fresh fueds aren't made and it is in danger of looking skeletal if Gen Me and MCMG are split up (though I think only MCMG will be split.

I do think however Rob Terry and Hernandez should team up and be called

I thought about this not too long ago actually. I think TNA would be wise to put together some new team and push it to the moon a la Road Warriors. I was thinking Hernandez and Rob Terry just because they look very imposing. Give So Cal Val a mangerial role and them matching tights and cool music and pyro and you'd be on there way. As a finisher how about the old Rocket Launcher? Hernandez can do the top rope splash and with Terry's added muscle for added impact.

Other than that, maybe they could rehire Sonjay Dutt. Him and Jay Lethal had some cracking matches in there time. Plus the added incentive of Sonjay wanting to make it up to Jay for stealing his girl could provide some comedy skits.

• Paid Members

I can see a Hardy Boyz vs. Beer Money match happening at or after Lockdown which could be interesting. The Hardyz will probarbly have a couple of outings with The MCMG's as well when Alex Shelley returns from injury. I hope they bring in Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas at some point in the near future as well. Now would be the perfect time, what with all the current tag teams having faced one another more than enough now.

Oh God anything but the Naturals! They were so devoid of personality it was like watching paint dry. Anyway, Gen Me are essentially the Naturals but with some charisma and better moves.

A British Invasion reunion would be good for the division, and Haas/Benjamin are always welcome.

Archived