Worst (Best) "Heat" at a live show?

The Genius

I just read a post which someone mentioned CMPunk getting "Neuclear Heat" which kinda got me thinking:

Has anyone got some good stories to share of shows where the heat was getting really bad- I've personally witnessed things where a heel might get into it with the fans and things can get "uncomfortable". I also remember a link to a clip on here where 2 fans waited for a ROH(?) guy after the show and he knocked them both on their fat asses.

I'm sure peeps on here must seen things where things got out of hand to the point of needing to smuggle people out of back doors or promoters have had to end a show early?

Apologies if this thread or similar exists somewhere else.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't think of one, but the worst (worst) heat I've ever seen has to be what Drew McIntyre tends to get: none whatsoever :p

That and X-Pac heat. That has got to be so crushing and disheartening, and I actually quite respect the guy for keeping at it.

When HBK beat Smithers at One Night Only and bottles started flying, 15 year old me thought a riot might break out.

I was there for that at age 11. HBK and HHH were getting tremendous heat after defeating Bulldog. Then they went and celebrated all over the venue, climbing the show scaffolding whilst fans were extremely pissed off leaving the venue.

• Paid Members

Due to the fact Doug Dillinger was the biggest waste of money WCW ever spent on (at least Vincent could take a beating, Dillinger could have caused someone to get seriously hurt!), Nitros and PPVs were a danger zone if the heels really did their job well. This fat fucker was notorious for not having his sercurity team in place. Bottles and other shit was allowed to fly into the ring, and fans jumped the barrier every other week. Kevin Nash had to knock some lad out in the ring during the nWo formation.

But Doug was on a few WCW games for the N64 and the Playstation, so he must have been over!

• Paid Members
But Doug was on a few WCW games for the N64 and the Playstation, so he must have been over!

Shitting me? I remember digital Mark Curtis counting the pins on Revenge, but Deadly Doug was there too?

I now feel cheated we didn't also get some rendering of JoJo Dillon, if this is true.

Shitting me? I remember digital Mark Curtis counting the pins on Revenge, but Deadly Doug was there too?

I now feel cheated we didn't also get some rendering of JoJo Dillon, if this is true.

Yeah Dillinger was definitely on a couple of the awful WCW games on the Playstation, I can't remember him being on Revenge or World Tour on the 64, but he might well have been on the ones released after them.

Due to the fact Doug Dillinger was the biggest waste of money WCW ever spent on (at least Vincent could take a beating, Dillinger could have caused someone to get seriously hurt!), Nitros and PPVs were a danger zone if the heels really did their job well. This fat fucker was notorious for not having his sercurity team in place. Bottles and other shit was allowed to fly into the ring, and fans jumped the barrier every other week. Kevin Nash had to knock some lad out in the ring during the nWo formation.

I thought they allowed the bottles to be thrown for effect. Is the Nash incident on Youtube? That's gotta be a Darwin Award nominee!

I thought they allowed the bottles to be thrown for effect. Is the Nash incident on Youtube? That's gotta be a Darwin Award nominee!

It should be. It happened quite a few times. Halloween Havoc 97 with Piper and Hogan in the cage sees a few fans get fucked up by the nWo aswell. Fairly certain that Savage pummelled one as well at some point.

• Paid Members
It should be. It happened quite a few times. Halloween Havoc 97 with Piper and Hogan in the cage sees a few fans get fucked up by the nWo aswell. Fairly certain that Savage pummelled one as well at some point.

The Halloween Havoc one was fake. Hogan was throwing worked punches at him.

Even a company as mental as WCW wouldnt have wanted that. Scott Hall said in his shoot interview that no wrestler likes shit thrown at them, because they dont know what was coming. To be fair though, nobody could have predicted the amount of shit the fans threw when the nWo turned. It was insane.

Here's the fan getting a kicking. You can just see Nash's right hand connect with his face. Lucky it wasnt his left hand. Scott Hall stamping on the guys head was a bit sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuErl4Hjy-c...feature=related

The Halloween Havoc one was fake. Hogan was throwing worked punches at him.

Even a company as mental as WCW wouldnt have wanted that. Scott Hall said in his shoot interview that no wrestler likes shit thrown at them, because they dont know what was coming. To be fair though, nobody could have predicted the amount of shit the fans threw when the nWo turned. It was insane.

Here's the fan getting a kicking. You can just see Nash's right hand connect with his face. Lucky it wasnt his left hand. Scott Hall stamping on the guys head was a bit sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuErl4Hjy-c...feature=related

That's a great clip. I saw this on TV but never noticed the fan. Did they edit it or something?

What did the fan think they were going to do- invite him in for a boogie?

They should have New Jack on alert for this kinda thing so he can go all Mass Transit on their ass!

Archived