DIVIDE AND CONQUER

The UKs fastest growing wrestling company, the BWE, are back in Braintree on THIS SATURDAY for Divide and Conquer

The full card is as follows:

Jason Artem Vs Ryan O'Reily

Janey B Vs Rhia O'Reily

Shaun Sikes Vs Turbo

Dean Michael Vs Chris O'Reily

The Warsaw Pact (Jedrek Grabowski and Wolf Alexander) Vs High and Mighty (Teddy Roberts and Kidd Pride)

20 Man Royal Rumble for the BWE Heavyweight Title

For information on the BWE, pictures from our previous shows and lots more, head over to our official website NOW!

www.britishwrestlingevolution.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick observation after checking your roster page. Do you not think having a guy wrestle in a replica Mistico mask makes your company look a bit cheap and a bit crappy. It's a shame that 1 little detail like that gives you an image of kids playing pretend rather than a wrestling company.

Just a quick observation after checking your roster page. Do you not think having a guy wrestle in a replica Mistico mask makes your company look a bit cheap and a bit crappy. It's a shame that 1 little detail like that gives you an image of kids playing pretend rather than a wrestling company.

Just a quick observation after reading your post: Do you think you were looking for faults from the outset? Do you think that kids in the crowd (about 70+% of BWE's crowd) are familiar with the tecnicos of CMLL?

Just a quick observation after reading your post: Do you think you were looking for faults from the outset? Do you think that kids in the crowd (about 70+% of BWE's crowd) are familiar with the tecnicos of CMLL?

No I don't think I was but for 1 little change it would do a bit more for the products image. and no I don't think the kids would know Mistico, but 1. if Mistico has signed for WWE and kept the mask, or if he appeared on TV for TNA and kids started to reconise him it would just be the same as putting him out there in a Rey mask like I've seen some other companies do and the company looks like kids pretending to be wrestlers rather than a proper company.

*Edit - I forgot CMLL also airs on BT Vision so if parents do see that and know thier kids like wrestling and put them in front of the TV to watch it the mask does get noticed and yes while a kid doesn't care whos under the mask it just furthers the point why a generic mask wasn't used rather than the "oh lets play wrestling I want to be Mistico" mentality.

• Paid Members

No I don't think I was but for 1 little change it would do a bit more for the products image. and no I don't think the kids would know Mistico, but 1. if Mistico has signed for WWE and kept the mask, or if he appeared on TV for TNA and kids started to reconise him it would just be the same as putting him out there in a Rey mask like I've seen some other companies do and the company looks like kids pretending to be wrestlers rather than a proper company.

*Edit - I forgot CMLL also airs on BT Vision so if parents do see that and know thier kids like wrestling and put them in front of the TV to watch it the mask does get noticed and yes while a kid doesn't care whos under the mask it just furthers the point why a generic mask wasn't used rather than the "oh lets play wrestling I want to be Mistico" mentality.

I think you're reading way too far into it.

It's a Mistico mask. Congratulations on recognizing it as a staunch wrestling fan. I don't think any parents are going to remember if they've seen that particular mask design. And the fact it's a wrestling show at a college and not say, the MEN Arena, parents are going to know it's not WWE or any other international touring organisation.

Yes, precisely my thoughts. All Star ran successful shows throughout the nineties with Spiderman as one of their draws, I don't think it damaged the image of the shows in the kids' eyes at all.

For me, on a personal level, I agree, I would prefer to see wrestlers use their own gear and look completely unique, having enough confidence in their own ideas, rather than going for the cheap option of buying a replica mask. But there's the issue, it's probably much cheaper to buy a replica mask than get one made up, and more importantly, I'm not the paying public for shows like this, kids and their clueless (in the sense of wrestling knowledge) parents are.

MAIN EVENT NEWS

Due to the nature of his vicious attack at the last show, and after consideration from BWE management, Logan Summers has been suspended from the BWE and stripped of the BWE Heavyweight title.

Therefore...

The main event rumble on 12th March in Braintree will now be for the championship

summers2.jpg

Archived