wrestlemania line up predictions

wrestlemania

so the royal rumble is over, heres sum matches i think may be planned for wrestlemania:

cena v miz - wwe title

edge v alberto del rio (maybe christian aswell) - world title

undertaker v wade barrett

cm punk v orton

hhh v sheamus

money in the bank

rey mysterio v cody rhodes

sum kind of womens match (maybe layla v michelle mccool)

team wcw v corre v nexus

if this is the card and after the rumble ppv 2nite quite a few of these matches look highly likely quite frankly, wwe gonna struggle to do a good buyrate imo, what do u guys think?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edge v

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

alberto del rio

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); (maybe christian aswell) - world title

Thought christian was out till well after mania?

corre v nexus

This doesn't exite me in the least. Would it work with Barrett and Punk both being in other singles matches? I'd replace this with some wcw nostalgia deal with

Nash

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); and maybe a couple of other ex-wcw guys.

At the mo mania looks like plenty of '"good" feuds/matches but nothing that stands out as being WM main event worthy

On paper, that really doesn't offer up much to the casual fan. I'd wager that Austin's involvement with Tough Enough will see him make an appearance at least, if not some sort of Enforcer/Ref type deal.

Also:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Nash and Booker better be there too!

• Paid Members
I'd love to see *Rumble Spoiler herein*

Diesel vs Big Show

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm not sure I'd like to see it, but I've a feeling we probably will. Alternatively I think the two could team up to face members of The Corre, maybe alongside Kane too as a quickfire way of getting these men all on the 'Mania card.

A WWF Attitude Allstars team vs one of young groups would be amazing.

I've not watched the Rumble, so if any of the following were a "Surprise" it's a fluke, but a team of:

Taker, Austin, Diesel, Razor, and Hart against the Nu-Skool would be immense. Clearly finished off with HBK running in to hit the sweetchin music :thumbsup:

so the royal rumble is over, heres sum matches i think may be planned for wrestlemania:

cena v miz - wwe title

edge v alberto del rio (maybe christian aswell) - world title

undertaker v wade barrett

cm punk v orton

hhh v sheamus

rey mysterio v cody rhodes

These matches i agree with, I feel with Barrett and Punk in other matches there wont be a Nexus vs Corre. It will just recieve no crowd reaction at all plus doing Heel vs Heel matches just confuses everyone as to who to cheer for. It would be a bad move to have that at Mania.

I would love to see Nash vs Big Show!

Also, not too sure on the MitB match, with a ppv dedicated to that will they still do it at Mania? If there is though i imagine there wont be a US or Intercontinental Title match as i can see Bryan and Kingston both being in it. Also if it was 8 men i would guess it being Kingston, Ziggler, Swagger, McIntyre, Bryan, Morrison, Bourne and maybe Christian. If it was 8 men and WWE booked it like they normally would then it'll be Henry, Big Show, Kane, Hornswaggle, Santino, Koslov, Kamala and George the Animal Steele.

After last night I'd say for certain that Cena/Miz is happening at either Elimination Chamber or more likely WrestleMania.

Punk/Orton also looks likely.

There's also a chance of Big Show/Diesal.

NEXES/Corre looks like it will happen at some point but without the involvement of Punk and Barrett (who are likely to have singles matches at Mania) it might be saved for after Mania.

Outside chance of Booker in a match.

Sheamus/HHH ought to happen, it started nearly a year ago at last years Mania, logical place for it to end.

Fancy MITB to still happen and Rey to have a singles match (not sure who against).

Doesn't sound very exciting, does it?. There's not much they can do with the current roster that would.

That probably won't be a million miles away from what they go with, and when you compare it to recent years, it's extremely dull on paper. They should be pleading with Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement part time and work the likes of Wrestlemania and Summerslam. To a lesser extent, they should also be trying to bring Jericho back too, even if it's to work as a top face.

Imo, if they want any kind of interesting show, and one which will appear to the casual fans, they need to look outside the roster, by either bringing in some old favourites, or a celebrity or two.

Is anyone really interested in seeing Undertaker beat Wade Barrett on the biggest show of the year? To me, Barrett really ain't at that level and that matchup couldn't fail to be anything than a big steaming turd of a borefest. In fairness, because you know Undertakers always winning, the only possible match that would be intriguing out of guys on the roster at present would b v Cena, but that ain't going to happen. As it is, they'd be better just trying to bring someone in to challenge him, whether it's an old face from the past, an old WCW star, or even some kind of handicap/gauntlet match v characters he beat years ago - basically something that gives us a bit of novelty value or a nostalgia trip to mask the fact that the outcome's so predictable.

It's been 10 years now since the gimmick battle royal too, it's about time we had another one imo. If they brought in guys from similar eras as the 2001, we'd probably have more than the Iron Sheik who couldn't take the bump, so why why not have an 'attitude' theme to it, a lot of those guys will still be pretty mobile and can actually work a competitive match for 10-15 minutes. Bring in characters like Val Venis, the Godfather, Head Cheese, Gangrel, New Age Outlaws, Chainsaw Charlie, Rikishi & Too Cool, Beaver Cleavage, Kaientai, Hardcore Holly, Joey Abs etc. They could have Goldust win it seeing as he's still on the roster - it'd be great! :)

Archived