wrestlemania line up predictions

wrestlemania

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edge vs Del Rio at Mania? I really hope not. That match would suck on a In Your House PPV, never mind the biggest stage of them all.

At the minute I'm hopig for Del Rio vs Taker. Yesterday I would have thought that Del Rio wouldn't have a chance in Hell of beating Taker, but I thought he didn't have a chance in hell of winning the Rumble. They seem to be pushing him as the next big thing and if ever they wanted to put him over, beating Taker would do it. Not that I see him beating Taker but I think more than anyone else at the min, you can have that little bit of suspended belief to think that he might just do it.

Obviously this means that Taker would have to win the title between now and Mania.

the way i see it for Raws mania main event is this.

At Elimination Chamber i reckon the 6 wrestlers will be Punk, Orton, Cena, Miz, Sheamus and HHH. So you have 3 seperate fueds going on in the same match, I reckon either Orton, Cena or HHH will walk away with the belt. So Mania will have either Orton © vs Punk, Cena © vs Miz or HHH © vs Sheamus. I can see the Cena one happening more. But i definitely see the title being retained at Mania due to my hoping that Del Rio will win the smackdown title at Mania.

Thats my opinion anyways, i havent watched Raw yet so they might have already mentioned the people for Elimination Chamber and for all i know Del Rio might challenge Miz at Mania.

the way i see it for Raws mania main event is this.

At Elimination Chamber i reckon the 6 wrestlers will be Punk, Orton, Cena, Miz, Sheamus and HHH. So you have 3 seperate fueds going on in the same match, I reckon either Orton, Cena or HHH will walk away with the belt. So Mania will have either Orton

Does it matter? Wrestlemania itself is the draw these days.

I still think the show needs a match that will generate some kind of buzz, it's looking very standard at the moment.

I agree. The last two Wrestlemanias have been sold largely on the Undertaker/Michaels matches (and to some extent Bret Hart's return last year), and I'm assuming a lot of the extra PPV orders for that particular event come from lapsed fans. There's just nothing in the prospective line-up to excite the lapsed fans, and the likely matches are more predictable than usual - there's no way Barrett is ending the streak, no way Miz is going over Cena/Orton and no way Sheamus is beating Triple H. I'd be very surprised if they don't have some sort of big return/celebrity involvement up their sleeve, otherwise I can see this being a bit of a flop.

Does it matter? Wrestlemania itself is the draw these days.

I still think the show needs a match that will generate some kind of buzz, it's looking very standard at the moment.

I agree. The last two Wrestlemanias have been sold largely on the Undertaker/Michaels matches (and to some extent Bret Hart's return last year), and I'm assuming a lot of the extra PPV orders for that particular event come from lapsed fans. There's just nothing in the prospective line-up to excite the lapsed fans, and the likely matches are more predictable than usual - there's no way Barrett is ending the streak, no way Miz is going over Cena/Orton and no way Sheamus is beating Triple H. I'd be very surprised if they don't have some sort of big return/celebrity involvement up their sleeve, otherwise I can see this being a bit of a flop.

You're spot on. I don't watch many/any shows these days, but I always watch Mania (and set to go this year). Folk I know like a colleague have stopped watching completely, but still keep an eye on Mania. With no 'big' draw this year I fear a huge amount of potential return fans will finally hammer the final nail in the head of the WWE coffin.

In no particular order:

World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Edge © vs. Alberto Del Rio

- If Edge makes it past Elimination Chamber

WWE Championship Match:

The Miz © vs. John Cena

- Again if The Miz makes it past Elimination Chamber

Wade Barrett vs. The Undertaker

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

Nexus vs. Corre:

Mason Ryan, Husky Harris, Michael McGullicutty & David Otunga vs. Ezekiel, Justin Gabiel, Heath Slater & ???

The Big Show vs. Diesel

Money In The Bank:

Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Daniel Bryan vs. John Morrison vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger

• Paid Members

I actually think the Miz/Cena and Orton/Punk fued will end at No Way Out. Surely they've got more up their sleeve for WM27.

I think Rey Mysterio will win the title at NWO, and be challenged by Del Rio at WM. Edge/Del Rio would be a bit rubbish, but Del Rio/Rey would not only be a great match, its got the history along with it.

I actually think the Miz/Cena and Orton/Punk fued will end at No Way Out. Surely they've got more up their sleeve for WM27.

I think Rey Mysterio will win the title at NWO, and be challenged by Del Rio at WM. Edge/Del Rio would be a bit rubbish, but Del Rio/Rey would not only be a great match, its got the history along with it.

couldnt disagree nemore with this, cena, orton and punk are all in the chamber and when people who r involved in a feud with sumone else r both in the chamber match that never ends a feud, as for rey mysterio winning the title at elimination chamber no chance in hell, its obvious hes gonna face cody rhodes at wrestlemania possibly reys mask on the line against cody rhodes mask to cover his face

• Paid Members

Miz v Cena

Edge v Del Rio

Orton v Punk

Triple H v Sheamus

Undertaker v Barratt

Nexus (Ryan, Otunga & McGillicutty) v Corre (Zeke, Gabriel & Slater)

Rey Rey v Rhodes

King v A-Ri

Phoenix & Natalya v LayCool & Kong

MONEY IN THE BANK

Archived