GPW: "Back With A Bang 2011" Feb 4th, Wigan

Mr. Noble

Grand Pro Wrestling return for another incredible year of some of the best wrestling available to you anywhere in the UK! This, our 8th year in business!

Our first show back is our traditional season opener, "Back With A Bang" and come February 4th, we will be just that. The announced card thus far is below, expect a further announcement regarding the card in the coming days. Here's what awaits you so far on February 4th!

flyerfeb2011r3.jpg

Main Event:

Bubblegum vs. Joey Hayes

This will be one main event you simply can't afford to miss! A main event that already has MOTY written all over it and one that many will be talking about for years to come.

Having already produced some of the best and most popular matches in GPW history during their battles for the CC8 Crown in both 2006 and 2009 these are two names no stranger to one another but have never faced each other like this! Bubblegum made a shocking return to wrestling as he revealed himself to be Joey's mystery partner against Dirk Feelgood and Cameron Kraze in September 2010, it was in that match that Bubblegum turned on the fans and Joey then and joined Dirk Feelgood and The MasterPlan. A betrayal Joey simply cannot let lie. This awesome looking match will be our first Main Event of 2011, but who will win this epic encounter?

flyerfeb2011_2.jpg

No.1 Contenders Match:

William G

A very strong looking card up to now. The last joey/bubblegum match from the crazy cruisers tournament in 2009 is one of my favourites from that year.

Is the money in the bank match an actual money in the bank match with ladders, etc? I remember reading that you were against doing that kind of match during the joey/juice feud.

Diamond vs juice should be good too, building on zacks strong series of matches.

I'm looking forward to this show, which will be my first British wrestling show in nearly two months

As much as i'd love to make the MiTB match a ladder match, it's not going to be on this occasion. But, i'm sure you'll agree with the names involved, whatever the gimmick - you don't want to miss it!

If you want to know why this and the GPW MOTY 2010 Juice vs. Joey 2/3 Falls Match wasn't a ladder match, this blog entry should throw some light on the situation - http://gpwblog.posterous.com/gpw-jam-hot-april-2010-pt-1

From what i've been told The Monaco will be running as normal, you guys shouldn't notice any changes at all so don't worry. If there are any changes, it will be felt in April at the start of the new financial year when the council will pass the running of the venue on. You never know, the people who take it over may make it much easier for us to run ladder matches! Fingers crossed! ;)

is the MiTB match using a ladder?

3 Posts above yours :

Mr. Noble Posted Jan 14 2011, 17:53

As much as i'd love to make the MiTB match a ladder match, it's not going to be on this occasion. But, i'm sure you'll agree with the names involved, whatever the gimmick - you don't want to miss it!

If you want to know why this and the GPW MOTY 2010 Juice vs. Joey 2/3 Falls Match wasn't a ladder match, this blog entry should throw some light on the situation - http://gpwblog.posterous.com/gpw-jam-hot-april-2010-pt-1

From what i've been told The Monaco will be running as normal, you guys shouldn't notice any changes at all so don't worry. If there are any changes, it will be felt in April at the start of the new financial year when the council will pass the running of the venue on. You never know, the people who take it over may make it much easier for us to run ladder matches! Fingers crossed!

is the MiTB match using a ladder?

3 Posts above yours :

Mr. Noble Posted Jan 14 2011, 17:53

From what i've been told The Monaco will be running as normal, you guys shouldn't notice any changes at all so don't worry. If there are any changes, it will be felt in April at the start of the new financial year when the council will pass the running of the venue on. You never know, the people who take it over may make it much easier for us to run ladder matches! Fingers crossed!

cheers pal, I didnt notice that.

It's less than 2 weeks away from our 2011 starting and GPW being Back With A Bang! Here's a huge announcement concerning not only February 4th, but our entire year....

In a new working relationship, GPW have teamed up with XWA and have strengthed our already existing strong ties with FutureShock Wrestling. This new relationship aims to bring you the best in up and coming talent in a thriving North of England wrestling scene. This year, GPW will play host to the first ever North West Rookie League or NWRL as it'll be known. A special 10-man knock out league featuring students from both GPW and XWA.

There will be 2 teams of 5, 8 students and 2 captains. The two team captains cannot be eliminated at any point during the competition and will act as mentors to their respective teamates. They will also be responsible for selecting a team member based on their skills, ability and previous performance to take on a different challegne each month. The final two remaining students will battle it out in a one on one contest at the end of the year to determine the winner of the competition. The two team captains for this have been named as The Great Suzuki and Axl Rage.

This is a first anywhere in the UK and something we're really excited about this year. It's a massive platform for trainees who have been committed to their training and deserve a shot on a bigger stage. This will NOT be one of those awful trainee segements with pre-pubescebnt angry children with fluff on their face as beards, this will be every bit as bona fide as the pro's and graduates. I think you'll be impressed!

In other news... the May date has been changed! That's the good news. The bad news is that it's gone from a Saturday to a Friday, May 6th.

And, finally - the latest blog is live! All 3 parts to Only The Strong Survive are up! So if you want to know what went majorly wrong, how ego's clashed and how the show was put together, promoting-wise and booking-wise, give it a read - http://www.gpwblog.posterous.com

Archived