The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

And there you have it. The scum get the day lynch after being found out.

I presentmyour scum team, TripleA, Bristep123 & Carbomb.

TripleA for reasons already mentioned, Bristep who last time got involved and despite taking a day off was far too cagey implying he's a new scum not knowing how to play and Carbomb whose playing exactly like last time dipping in and out enough to sail under the radar.

I would suggest if one of those 3 isn't then you look at one of the two who joined me on e vote on A. Swift looking the most likely with the convenient hammer. I was also thinking TMS, I even left you a note via my comments to SMS. Although I would suggest you don't rush lynch tomorrow. You have one of 2 possibilities. Take the day and make sure you get the right one. at least if your getting nowhere then you have TripleA T the end of the day.

However just a side note, it is unlikely that if A is town that the scum will hit himmovernight thus setting him up for an easy lynch. So be wary.

Oh and piece of advice, if you try a new way of ensuring scum don't bother because you'll just be seen as scum. I have a bad feeling for all you sheep.

Good luck though and I'll see you all in the QT soon.

Snake, just because I don't think you did as good a job of 'ensnaring' TripleA as you seem to think doesn't make me cagey OR scum. Given that TMS was the only one to back you I'm not the only one, I'm just the one who didn't think you were scum either.

And I don't know what difference 'taking a day off' to whether or not I should vote today. I worked all day, then was at training in the evening. It'll happen again Wednesday if we're back by then too. Sometimes we have lives.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Votecount #5

Snake (6): INH, Chris B, TripleA, SMS, Ron Simmons, Swiftstrike

TripleA (2): Snake, TMS

Not voting: Some losers.

Snake Plissken is lynched.

He was a Vanilla Townie.

Deadline is 8pm on the 23/1/11. Get yo' night actions in to me by then. Good boys.

• Paid Members

You wake up and find that

Chris B - One Shot Vigilante (Town aligned)

has been killed.

Day 2 will end at 8pm on the 28th January 2011.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Players alive: SMS, Ron Simmons, INH, TMS, Carbomb, TripleA, Bristep, Swiftstrike

Bit surprised to see the game starting again so early, as I thought it would start again after the deadline, but I guess everybody who needed to get in a night action, must have done so.

Think the loss of our one shot vigilante may hurt us in the long run, but at least we don't have to worry about him killing a town member by mistake, but then again we wouldn't be too worried as it is a role I didn't expect to see in this small set up.

Just wondering what other surprises Nexus has planned for us.

• Paid Members

I am awaiting all these questions people wanted to pose.

I am also awaiting the "He used Snake going after TripleA to make himself look town" lines, when in reality, I saw what Snake had done, I saw how TripleA bought the trap and I stuck with it. I ask everyone to go back and with hindsight on their side try and see where me and Snake were coming from.

I'm also liking the way scum have let me live in a blatant attempt at trying to get me lynched today, being the most vocal, and the one they already egged on with a "scummy behaviour" tag, please town don't fall for it.

And as I MUST stick to my guns on this:

VOTE: TripleA

• Paid Members

It's ok you know, you can admit you're wrong. We won't think any less of you. "Sticking to your guns" and voting for a town member isn't doing anybody any favours.

Surely if I was Scum, I would have took out the only person I knew for a fact would target me today?. I know it's a pretty obvious thing to point out, and is easy argued against with "but you would know that", but you've got to really weigh out the pros and cons of it. You're literally the one person really pushing to have me killed, if I actually was scum there is no doubt in my mind I would have gotten rid of you last night, then said "scum obviously killed him to frame me".

It's a shame we lost Chris B seeing as he had a role that could have helped us, but pushing me today won't get us anywhere.

I'm not sure who to look at right now, tbh.

What do you mean starting early?

I said the deadline was 8pm on the 23rd January. I posted at 8.03. The game started late.

Sorry, just a simple misunderstanding of me getting my dates mixed up and being used to 48 hour night periods in other games, but no problem.

I am awaiting all these questions people wanted to pose.

I am also awaiting the "He used Snake going after TripleA to make himself look town" lines, when in reality, I saw what Snake had done, I saw how TripleA bought the trap and I stuck with it. I ask everyone to go back and with hindsight on their side try and see where me and Snake were coming from.

I'm also liking the way scum have let me live in a blatant attempt at trying to get me lynched today, being the most vocal, and the one they already egged on with a "scummy behaviour" tag, please town don't fall for it.

And as I MUST stick to my guns on this:

VOTE: TripleA

It's ok you know, you can admit you're wrong. We won't think any less of you. "Sticking to your guns" and voting for a town member isn't doing anybody any favours.

Surely if I was Scum, I would have took out the only person I knew for a fact would target me today?. I know it's a pretty obvious thing to point out, and is easy argued against with "but you would know that", but you've got to really weigh out the pros and cons of it. You're literally the one person really pushing to have me killed, if I actually was scum there is no doubt in my mind I would have gotten rid of you last night, then said "scum obviously killed him to frame me".

It's a shame we lost Chris B seeing as he had a role that could have helped us, but pushing me today won't get us anywhere.

I'm not sure who to look at right now, tbh.

Both of you using WIFOM defences. TMS - Oh well scum must have left me alive because I'm easy to lynch today. TripleA - Well I can't be scum because if I was then I would have nightkilled TMS. Both of you are on the radar after yesterday's actions and both of you come out and try to deflect away from you, in TMS's case before anyone even says a word about you.

The point is ChrisB was killed overnight, why was HE killed as opposed to why weren't you killed TMS. He was a power role, did he leave any breadcrumbs that the scum picked up on? If not then was who was he looking at? Did he say something that made the scum think he was a threat?

As far as Snake's flip goes, we can now say that whatever he said/did he did it with the town's interests. It doesn't mean he's right, but it does mean that we need to re-examine the wagon on him. We also need to look hard at TripleA and TMS being that they were the ones so closely involved with Snake last phase.

I'd also invite some analysis of Snake's last post where he made his final Poirot-esque accusation.

We know he's town, and I know I'm town (and again, I know that means nothing in the grand scheme of things) so from my point of view it seems a little "throw everything out so maybe something is right. He names TripleA, myself and Carbomb as the definite team. Triple A because of the trap and myself/carbomb for not voting (Calling me cagey, and Carbomb a lurker). But he then goes on to say "Oh but if I'm wrong about any of them then it'll be one of the people who supported me". And he then even goes on to say "and if I'm wrong about TripleA then he won't be killed overnight because he'll be an easy lynch next phase" which is kind of confusing and flies in the face of his earlier insistance that TripleA is scum. It seems a bit desperate, but that's only my opinion.

Either TMS or TripleA should be the lynch today, because one of them has to be scum in my mind. I'm just not sure which one.

I'd also like to hear more from INH and Ron this day, because neither were particularly active in the last one.

Due to the fact I am using a phone to type this, this may be split across several posts as I have quite a bit to say, so don't think I am doing this to boost my post count because I am not.

I think we have now hit a very important stage in the game where we have a very, very tricky decision to be made.

Why?

It has been mentioned by a few players, including myself, that the most likely scum players in this game are 3.

If we get this vote wrong and they get a successful nightkill, then we have lost the game, as all 3 of them can vote for the same townie meaning we don't get a majority vote.

As I see it we have 2 choices, unless anybody else can come up with a better decision, so please don't start voting for me and accusing me of being scum when I am only bringing this important information to the towns attention.

• Paid Members

Aah fuck it, I'm considerably bored of the truth being accused of WIFOM scenarios, I'm bored of having to push forward blatant lynches especially after a previous clear day phase. I am not going to spend my time on here attempting to convince people I am town when the cold facts show I was the only one fully backing Snake's (Town) plan, and had belief in his lynch, I did that day one, I'm not doing it again.

If you're Town look at those that have pushed my lynch, those that are saying it MUST be me or TripleA, when in reality it MUST be TripleA and no-one else.

I believe the mafia to be TripleA, SMS and Bristep123

Unvote TripleA

Vote: A Bored TMS

That's it, I'm done, looking forward to speaking sense in the dead man's thread

1) We wait till near the deadline, put together all the info we have uncovered, then agree on a vote.

2) We no vote, risk losing a power role with info overnight, but get the chance to gain more info if the power role survives.

I usually don't like a no vote, but can see the fact that it might be useful to use on this day, but we don't know if we even have a cop or other such roles to gain us info.

I would say we most likely have, but don't have anything to go on to confirm this, so I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

If in doubt, just think what would Mike Castle do, the do the opposite.

Just joking Mike!

Aah fuck it, I'm considerably bored of the truth being accused of WIFOM scenarios, I'm bored of having to push forward blatant lynches especially after a previous clear day phase. I am not going to spend my time on here attempting to convince people I am town when the cold facts show I was the only one fully backing Snake's (Town) plan, and had belief in his lynch, I did that day one, I'm not doing it again.

If you're Town look at those that have pushed my lynch, those that are saying it MUST be me or TripleA, when in reality it MUST be TripleA and no-one else.

Unvote TripleA

What the hell are you doing TMS?

It is obvious you are going to be one of the days top suspects, but this just causes more serious confusion, which is not good for anybody except scum.

Part of me believes you, whilst part of me doesn't, so please unvote yourself as I don't want this stupid outburst from yourself swaying peoples decisions.

I want to look at everybody, not just you and Triple A, but Swift, INH, Bristep, Ron and Carbomb (I think that is everybody of the top of my head).

We need your input and I have a few questions I would like to ask you tonight when I am near a computer, so please don't just spit your dummy out, because your a better player than that.

• Paid Members

Unvote TripleA

Fine, but there's no point throwing a strop about it. If you're town we need you alive if we're gonna stand the best chance of winning this.

I don't think Snake's plan is a great way to catch scum at all. Might a mafia member have voted for him? Yes, in fact at least one probably did. But is offering yourself as a suicide the best way to catch them? Not really, it just looks a bit shifty. It's either an incredibly bold plan or an incredibly misguided one.

Triple A might be scum, but I'm not convinced enough to vote for him yet. Same with Snake's other two suspects.

• Paid Members

Just caught a quick break in my day, little bit surprised to see us back up and running, but just popping in to say PLEASE no more than 1 vote on any one player as 2 votes puts us in the realms of quick scum lynch and that would effectively be game over. I'll have a little more to say this evening but this just needed to be said before we lose the game.

Archived