Just been in Car Accident, nobody hurt thank god!

The Miz

Okay so a couple of Friends picked my Wife and I up around fiveish this afternoon. We set off for Plymouth to watch a Panto, we are probably 45 minutes away. Quite dark on the back roads, I was in the front seat, my Mate driving, the two ladies were in the back chatting away.

Doing around 40mph, chatting away with my mate about the plight of Liverpool FC, next minute we hit a stray bull, right in my eye line. Hit it head on, im covered in tiny shards of glass. My mate keeps control and we pull into the Car Park of the pub just ahead and all got out without a scratch. Front of the car totally smashed in resulting in a complete write off.

The guy driving is a farmer so his first instict after checking if we were all okay and getting us out the car was to go check on the Bull. It had a broken leg but was up and limping around eventually, but local farmer eventually came and shot him.

Makes you appreciate stuff a lot more when something like that happens, also makes alot of your other little worries seem meaningless.

Hay ho, just thought I would share. I doubt im the only one who has had such an experience.

• Paid Members

Thankfully only been in one actual car crash. Mate of mine (and by mate I mean utter twat of a person who deserves a good kicking for being a complete cunt) was driving me home, we round a bend in the road and while I'll admit it was dark, how you miss 5 chinese people stretching across the road I have no fucking clue. One bounces clean over the bonnet, the other four manage to scatter to the sides. Cue me and some lady who pulled over having to direct traffic around the car while we wait for police and an ambulance to turn up.

In the mean time some moron in in a truck comes up and decides the best option is to drive well around the car, by keeping about 5 feet between the car and the truck. Great idea if it wasn't for the ditch both sides of the road. At which point the entire road is closed off as there's a truck blocking everything now.

He's also the only idiot I know who can write a car off as he pulls into Tesco at 20mph.

For the record, he's also a bus driver.

• Paid Members

A few years ago I was driving back (from a show out Boston way, I think) and there'd been an accident. There was a small car (Ford Ka, I think) on the side of the road with the front absolutely destroyed. I drove down the road looking for the other car I assumed it had hit, but instead ther was some huge, long haired beast under a sheet at the side of the road. Turned out it was highland cattle, but in the dark it looked like a fucking Yeti.

• Paid Members
A few years ago I was driving back (from a show out Boston way, I think) and there'd been an accident. There was a small car (Ford Ka, I think) on the side of the road with the front absolutely destroyed. I drove down the road looking for the other car I assumed it had hit, but instead ther was some huge, long haired beast under a sheet at the side of the road. Turned out it was highland cattle, but in the dark it looked like a fucking Yeti.

Knowing my mate, it was probably one of his.

Archived