North East Wrestling Society - Tag Team Championship Tournament

fye

North East Wrestling Society return for 2011 and their first show of the year will see NEWS crown their first ever Tag Team Champions. On 25th February 2011, NEWS returns to Peterlee Leisure Centre with a line up of talented teams challenging for the right to be the first to wear NEWS gold, competing in a 6 team tournament.

Already confirmed are the popular duo of El Ligero & Martin Kirby and the not so popular duo of Cameron Kraze & Prince Ameen, representing their Order of Chaos group. Also in the tournament are the recently reformed pairing of Iain Robinson & Micky Long. In the past Robinson and Long were collectively known as Full Pack, primarily in wZw and BCW. Following their actions at the last NEWS show of 2010, where they attacked their mutual partner Andy Swan following a defeat in a 6 man tag team match, they quickly reformed and were granted entry into the tournament based on their reputation as a team.

The tournament format is currently scheduled to be two semi finals with Triangle Elimination rules. Pinfalls, submissions, count outs and disqualifications are all ways to eliminate an opposing team and the last team standing in each semi final progress to the final - a tag team ladder match - with the NEWS Tag Team Championship belts suspended above the ring.

166240_10150125776148296_726128295_7659026_3471142_n.jpg

Also scheduled on the card is the first NEWS British Championship Tournament Quarter Final. Ross Strong, who shocked Cameron Kraze in November in the Qualifying Round with a quick roll up, faces his trainer, the always dangerous 'Iron Man' Anthony McIntyre. The more experienced McIntyre saw off the challenge of the debuting Lewis

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

updates to the Tag Team Championship Tournament...

two new teams - first one, making their NEWS debuts are IWF & CRW regulars the Minto Brothers. The second team are two friends who have been tagging on and off in NEWS throughout 2010 and have officially former a tag team for 2011 with a new name. AJ Anderson & Max Heat will now be known collectively as Fast & Furious

original post edited to reflect this

The final team has been announced for the NEWS Tag Team Championship Tournament. Perfect Purdie & The Saint aka The Perfect Saints will make their NEWS debuts to round off the 6 team competition.

As with every show the card is subject to change but the tournament is to be structured to feature 2 semi finals, featuring 3 teams in each semi final in elimination gauntlet matches. By the end of each semi final only one team will remain and the winners will advance to the ladder match main event where both winning semi finalist teams will face off with the NEWS Tag Team Championship belts suspended 12 feet above the ring.

The matches will not be announced in advance as we want to keep people guessing as to who will face who but there are some interesting possibilities. First of all El Ligero (teaming with Kirby as part of the aptly named team Project Lucha: Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a Team!) has had issues recently with Order of Chaos team mates Cameron Kraze & Prince Ameen. Equally, Kraze & Ameen have had issues with AJ Anderson and Max Heat from day one of NEWS being in business. Looking ahead, Ligero & Kirby face Full Pack members Micky Long & Iain Robinson respectively in the NEWS British Championship Tournament Quarter Finals in March.

Card (subject to change):

NEWS Tag Team Championship Tournament

Full Pack

(Micky Long & Iain Robinson)

Project Lucha: Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a Team!

(Martin Kirby & El Ligero)

Fast & Furious

(AJ Anderson & Max Heat)

Order of Chaos

(Prince Ameen & Cameron Kraze)

Minto Brothers

(Nik Minto & Sean Minto)

Perfect Saints

(Perfect Purdie & The Saint)

NEWS British Championship Tournament Quarter Final

'Iron Man' Anthony McIntyre v Ross Strong

Clash of the (Tyneside) Titans

Lowthian v Saxon

Tickets go on sale on Monday from the venue, ebay, tel 07505417633 or PM me directly on here

The final team has been announced for the NEWS Tag Team Championship Tournament. Perfect Purdie & The Saint aka The Perfect Saints will make their NEWS debuts to round off the 6 team competition.

As with every show the card is subject to change but the tournament is to be structured to feature 2 semi finals, featuring 3 teams in each semi final in elimination gauntlet matches. By the end of each semi final only one team will remain and the winners will advance to the ladder match main event where both winning semi finalist teams will face off with the NEWS Tag Team Championship belts suspended 12 feet above the ring.

The matches will not be announced in advance as we want to keep people guessing as to who will face who but there are some interesting possibilities. First of all El Ligero (teaming with Kirby as part of the aptly named team Project Lucha: Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a Team!) has had issues recently with Order of Chaos team mates Cameron Kraze & Prince Ameen. Equally, Kraze & Ameen have had issues with AJ Anderson and Max Heat from day one of NEWS being in business. Looking ahead, Ligero & Kirby face Full Pack members Micky Long & Iain Robinson respectively in the NEWS British Championship Tournament Quarter Finals in March.

Card (subject to change):

NEWS Tag Team Championship Tournament

Full Pack

(Micky Long & Iain Robinson)

Project Lucha: Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a Team!

(Martin Kirby & El Ligero)

Fast & Furious

(AJ Anderson & Max Heat)

Order of Chaos

(Prince Ameen & Cameron Kraze)

Minto Brothers

(Nik Minto & Sean Minto)

Perfect Saints

(Perfect Purdie & The Saint)

NEWS British Championship Tournament Quarter Final

'Iron Man' Anthony McIntyre v Ross Strong

Clash of the (Tyneside) Titans

Lowthian v Saxon

Tickets go on sale on Monday from the venue, ebay, tel 07505417633 or PM me directly on here

Show looks fantastic mate, wish you were not so far - good luck with the show !

for the north east based UKFFers commenting on other companies I urge you to head a little further south to see what NEWS are all about. I know it is my job to shift tickets but I genuinely believe most or all of you will be impressed with what we have to offer. I am in no way knocking any of the other feds as I attend the shows myself but I believe if you like what those other companies provide then you will like what we provide equally, if not more so, depending on personal tastes and preferences of course

check out www.youtube.com/newrestlingsociety for promos and a match from NEWS, also we have our DVD for sale if you want to buy that to see if we are worth the trip down the coast, its only 30 minutes by car and maybe an hour by bus if you get the right one, I am sure it will be worth everyone's while. What is nice to know is that we have people from hours away in Scotland or down south talking about travelling to our shows, dont miss out if it is virtually on your doorstep

Really looking forward to this show & hoping to make it along.

Only team I'm not really a fan of or can take to is Order of Chaos, otherwise any of the other 5 Teams in the Tag Tourny will make great first represenatives as NEWS Tag Team Champions & look forward to see how things go.

McIntyre vs. Strong should have some solid wrestling, but I'm 100% behind McIntyre on this one & hope he advances.

Would have liked to have seen the Tyneside Titans Tag Team last a little longer & maybes have Order of Chaos' spot in the Tourny, but, think the story of the split should come across well & make for an interesting match up on the show.

Looking like a really solid show from top to bottom & a card I think the crowd will really enjoy on the night.

Feedback taken on board khemical, it got across what we wanted it to and is truer to the real story than many will realise. Lowthian & Saxon were scheduled to record a tag team promo which would have been in full gear etc recorded using a tripod but we went in another direction when Saxon couldn't attend and needed the hand held camera so it caught everything that went down

Thanks for the constructive input and also the kind comments, we need honest feedback if we want to improve, if all we get is people saying what they think we want to hear then complacency can set in. There is still a lot of work to do to get NEWS where I eventually want it to be in terms of presentation, reputation, quality, etc but to see where we have come in 8 months fills me with pride and I aim to use that to make me and the team strive to improve further every time the ring is put up

Archived