North East Wrestling Society - Tag Team Championship Tournament

fye

One (hopefully) final addition to Friday's card see the match mentioned above - Gorilla Warafre versus Lewis Chambers - has a third competitor, making it a 3 way triangle match. Whoever gets the first fall will be declared the winner. The addition, making his NEWS debut - 'The Rank Outsider' Robbie Ryder!

Final card (subject to change):

Gorilla Warfare v Lewis Chambers v Robbie Ryder

Lowthian v Saxon

6 team Tag Team Tournament

Tag Team Ladder Tournament Final

A full house is now expected so please get in touch if you're travelling, to avoid diappointment

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excited to see what the perfect saints are like in their NEWS debut, The Saint in his CRW shows has always been very good, but that Purdie lad has well impressed me recently also Good looking show

:thumbsup:

I've seen Purdie at the Throckley show back in December and he was awful :S Decent look though.

Any results? The show was too far away from Gateshead for me sorry :/

Anyone got results?

Gorilla Warfare beat Lewis Chambers and Robbie Ryder in a 3 way

Fast & Furious (AJ & Max Heat) beat Perfect Saints (Purdie & Saint) then beat Order of Chaos (Cam Kraze & Prince Ameen) in the first gauntlet semi

Full Pack (Iain Robinson & Micky Long) beat Minto Brothers then Project Lucha (Ligero & Kirby) in the second gauntlet semi

Lowthian beat Saxon

Fast & Furious beat Full Pack in an epic ladder match, culminating in a Max Heat dive from the 20 foot balcony before AJ grabbed the belts to be crowned the first NEWS Tag Team Champions. Hopefully some fans can explain how it went cos I'm on my phone typing this and could go on all night, I thought it was amazing but I'm biased!

• Paid Members
Anyone got results?

Gorilla Warfare beat Lewis Chambers and Robbie Ryder in a 3 way

Fast & Furious (AJ & Max Heat) beat Perfect Saints (Purdie & Saint) then beat Order of Chaos (Cam Kraze & Prince Ameen) in the first gauntlet semi

Full Pack (Iain Robinson & Micky Long) beat Minto Brothers then Project Lucha (Ligero & Kirby) in the second gauntlet semi

Lowthian beat Saxon

Fast & Furious beat Full Pack in an epic ladder match, culminating in a Max Heat dive from the 20 foot balcony before AJ grabbed the belts to be crowned the first NEWS Tag Team Champions. Hopefully some fans can explain how it went cos I'm on my phone typing this and could go on all night, I thought it was amazing but I'm biased!

I spoke to Kirby earlier on the phone and he said it was a great night with a great crowd :)

The crowd were already going crazy before max came off the balcony, the crazy fucker. I was sure I'd talked him out of it as well.

All four main eventers deserve huge amounts of credit for putting on such a great match. Far too many things happened for me to put into words.

Quick head count was around 200 I think, which is fantastic.

And they were all on their feet at the end.

Absolutely AWESOME night from start to finish.

The crowd were immense all night, and were on their feet on countless occasions.

The main event capped a great night in EPIC style. The four lads in there (and out, as it happens) deserve massive respect and kudos for what is probably the best match I have personally ever seen, anywhere! Max Heat's dive from the balcony had me up all night last night. I think it highlights what they all put into the match, when Full Pack (who had been getting massive heel heat all night) got a standing ovation too. The night ending in great fashion with everyone in the room - barr-none - standing and applauding the new champions, as they were held aloft by members of the roster. I left shaking!

Cracking night, well done Fye and everyone else involved for a fantastic night of entertainment. Roll on the next show!

N E Dub'! N E Dub'! N E Dub'! ;)

The show was really good the tag tournament was very strong with all the teams doing very well but the final was awesome and was worth going for alone. Full pack had some really good spots in the match some of them were really funny as well as keeping the match together and working the crowd well. AJ was really solid in and out of the ring with some really good moves and max heat stole the show with his mega dive. a legit 20 odd ft which translates to about 40ft in JR imperial measurements.

The matches that weren

AJ Anderson & Max Heat earned the right to forever be known as the first ever NEWS Tag Team Champions, winning an epic ladder match that exceeded 30 minutes. The duo, known collectively as Fast & Furious, competed for over an hour over the course of the evening, seeing off NEWS debutants Perfect Saints and long term rivals Order of Chaos (Cameron Kraze & Prince Ameen) earlier in the evening. The ladder match was an amazing contest, hailed by long term wrestler and referee Phil Robinson as "The best match I have seen in 24 years in the business!"

A good evening of entertainment, the first match was okay for a warmup but nothing much to say about it, I did enjoy the tag tournament, I was a bit skeptical at first of sitting through that many tag matches and how they'd vary but fair play the gantlets worked very well. I love some of the theme music choice, 'full pac' were on top form the entire night really great job as heels and comedic spots. The ladder match was very enjoyable to all, the table bump looked very sick as I think the powerbomb turned into an accidental piledriver from where I sat. I expected more of Lowthian and Saxon as I'm unsure if that was the booking but it looked very much like a squash match, ended the feud but saxon got very little offence in. A very good nights entertainment, it was my first NEWS and I shall be back again. The crowd popped all night when needed and was full of kids and parents so well done to all inolved :)

Archived