Southside crew

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick Results

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

Rainz bt Kieron ???

Blake ??? (st neots local apparently) bt Mohammed Ameen by Count out

El Ligero bt Rockstar Spud when Ego dragon attacked Ligero ( Kirby eliminated first)

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

Jenna Palmer bt Darcy Steel

Val Kabious bt Dave Taylor

Quick Results

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

Rainz bt Kieron ???

El Ligero bt Rockstar Spud when Ego dragon attacked Ligero ( Kirby eliminated first)

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

....and how was the show?

Quick Results

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

Rainz bt Kieron ???

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

A solid show

The Opener + Rainz + The 3 Way were all very good

However the Womens match wasn't very good and Taylor vs MVK probably shouldn't have been main event.

Hey, that was my first NBW Southside show, and it wont be my last!

I was very impressed with the venue, the set up with the entrance way and pritty much all the matches was top class! Great set of merch available to buy at great prices, and very helpful staff!

my only concern was the raffle! I didn't win it was rigged I swear! haha

Nice one Ben!

NOTORIOUS REVIEW

New Southside announcer Diamond Dale Mills started the show and Southside management was very shocked to see his commentating partner for the night was none other than Kris Travis who before hand had said to Southside management he wasn't prepared to appear for us as he had had a better offer ????????

No 1 Contenders match

Cameron Kraze v T-bone

First match and straight away Kraze draw huge heat from the crowd , T-bone very possibly got the biggest pop of the night and straight away this become a hard hitting match. T Bone eventually got the pin earning himself a title shot in only his first ever Southside match - what a huge debut !

Bonus Match

NBW academy star Keiran Carte came out to challange anyone on the Southside roster to a match but almost had tears in his eyes when the Big Dog Rainz music hit. Keiran tried to attack the Big Dog from behind to little affect and then went on to get a complete beating from not only Rainz but the crowd. At least 6-7 of the crowd gave poor Keiran a chop and even making poor Milky give him one. Eventually Rainz put him back in the ring , a couple more powerful moves and it was goodnight for Carte !

Prince Ameen challange

Prince Ameen came out to huge boo's after his last appearance at St Neots and straight away the princess Mo chants started , he was in the crowds face chalanging anyone in the venue , really winding them up when a familiar face stands up and makes his way to the ring. The crowd seemed real excited at Prince Ameen getting a pasting and the contender got in the ring and introduced himself as Blake Warning. The action quickly started and and spilled outside, after about 6 minutes Blake got the win and once again a dejected Ameen made his way to the back.

Cruiser weight 3 way elimination match

First out making his Southside debut was Rockstar Spud , the crowd cheering his arrival but typically soon had them booing and soon become involved in a heated exchange with a group of the crowd. Next out was El Ligero and the crowd erupted followed by equal fan favourite Martin Kirby. Spud had his work cut out as he was about to go into battle with possibly the 2 most popular guys in Southside. A fantastic match featuring 3 of the UKFF top 9 wrestlers didn't dissapoint in any way. Also listening to commentry Kris Travis seemed to be burying Kirby on the mic - seems like he still has real issues with him after his loss to him at PW101 last year. Kirby was eliminated first by Ligero and after some underhand tactics by Spud. Just as El Ligero seemed to be gaining the upper hand Ego Dragon ran down to the ring and proceded to attack Ligero causing Spud to be disqualified. Ego Dragon seems to have real issues with Ligero after causing him to lose his match with Scurll at Battle of the egos. Ligero still got the win for the pleased crowd and stayed out to do photo's and autographs with them .

Intermission

Luckily for us lots more merchandise was brought then we done the raffle where among other prizes a lucky fan won the John Cena figure !

Futureshock Title match

Dave Rayne came out with a valet to boo's from the crowd only to hear the entrace music of Joey Hayes and the crowd seemed excited at seeing a title match. Sorry I can't give to many details on the match as I was out the back sorting out some stuff but Dave got the pin and retained the Futureshock title !

Robbie X v Ego Dragon

Robbie came out to a huge huge pop from the crowd hoping to exact revenge for 2 previous beatings from Ego Dragon. This was a back and forth match with the mysterious Dragon getting the win after about 9 minutes. Ego Dragon then climbed outside the ring and grabbed an El Ligero mask and climbed back in and put it on the dazed Robbie. He was about deliver a further beating when Ligero made the run in to make the save.

Womens match

Jemma Palmer v Darcy Steel

Just to prove that beauty and brawn can go together and the Sky1 Gladiator picked up the win.

Southside title match

A lot of people spoke to me and thought that this was a bit of a mis match but I felt confident that our champion could adapt and watching the match I was really please how Val adapted to wrestling old school Taylor. Val once again needed dirty tactics to get the win over Taylor. As Taylor went behind the curtains T-bones music hit and told Val that he is coming for the Southside belt and what better way to do it that at our first anniversary show.

So if Val can keep the belt that long then we might very well know the main event for when we are back in St Neots on Nov 6th for the anniversary show !

Quick Results

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

Rainz bt Kieron ???

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

A solid show

The Opener + Rainz + The 3 Way were all very good

However the Womens match wasn't very good and Taylor vs MVK probably shouldn't have been main event.

Should this have been main event ?

I did enjoy the show, but nowhere near as much as the last one.

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

This was a good opener, but nothing special, but Kraze got the audience to hate him, and Tbone was very popular. Tbone's finish was brutal though, and I wish I'd grabbed a video of it, because looked like he dumped Kraze right on the top of his head.

Rainz bt Kieron

This was just a bit of fun. Poor Kieron got beaten to within an inch of his life by everybody from kids to the ref, ate an F5 and was finished by a powerbomb.

Blake bt Mohammed Ameen by Count out

I didn't like this match. Blake was big, but he looked quite shaky out there. I don't know if he has much experience but he looked very green. With the count out finish the match just kinda died and it felt quite awkward.

I really enjoyed this match. I'd have liked to see spud get more offence in, but he was my highlight of the night. His mannerisms and crowd interaction were awesome and he reminded me of Chris Jericho in a lot of ways. Kirby was good as always, and Ligero was awesome. I would have loved to have seen a clean finish, but if we do get a Ligero vs Ego dragon match next time, I'll let it slide, but it was a disappointment that my most anticipated match ended before it got to be the classic it could have been.

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

This was a good match, but something about Rayne makes you like him, even though he was a heel. He had good support from the crowd, and Joey just wasn't over. The kids cheered him out of politeness, but as the match progressed he had to really work to get anyone to even acknowledge him. Dave won and left me wanting to see more of him.

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

I'm a huge fan of Robbie, and he was one of the most over wrestlers. This was a very solid match, and both worked hard, and was probably my favourite match of the night. Robbie hit a beautiful standing shooting star press, but was unsuccessful, as Ego dished out some nasty kicks to put him away. He then put a Ligero mask on Robbie and prepared to punish him some more when Ligero made the save. Again, given some more time, this could have been something really special, and I want to see more of both of them and was disappointed that it ended so abruptly. However, it did also make me anticipate Ligero vs Ego Dragon.

This match was ugly. Darcy tried to walk Palmer through a match, but Palmer's offence and selling were poor and I just really couldn't get myself to care. My friends were more interested in a potential nip slip from Palmer than the workrate. On the last show, Britney and (i've forgotten her name) put on a match that got them to forget about the boobs and get into the match, which shows the gulf of talent between Palmer and the other two ladies. I'm not going to blame Darcy for the poor match because she didn't have much to work with.

Anticlimax is all I can say. Taylor looked like he didn't want to be there, and never got out of first gear. The slow, methodical start had the makings of a lengthy match that could have built into something very good, but it ended before it got going, and with a screwy finish.

That they then teased Tbone vs Val only to announce it for November left a lot of people displeased. The match was so short that it was entirely possible that Tbone and Val COULD have had a match there and then. It's because of this that I agree that it shouldn't have been the main event. The match didn't feel like a main event (in fact, half the crowd seemed to have gone home during the match) whereas last time, the show was packed until the final bell. Robbie Vs Ego felt like more of a main even because it was really entertaining, had a clean finish, and then the save by Ligero meant that even if the result upset fans, they'd still go home on a high with the faces standing tall and a match to look forward to for next time.

That being said, the first three quarters of the show were very good fun, but the final two matches were a struggle.

I think that is a well thought out and fairly accurate review of the evening, having worked with NBW Southside, i know they as a company really want to give British wrestling fans a great show everytime and constructive critism like above really goes along way to them being able to give you guys the best product in the future. And i can guarantee it will be taken on board.

With Notorious being only the 3rd show (2nd at st neots) that the company have put on, they are still looking into what works and what doesn't. I truly hope people hang in there with Southside because i personally really feel they have the right attitude and are going about things in the right way, they really want to put the British Wrestlers to the forefront and show what a talented bunch we have on these isles.

I like they are trying to get some storylines going (Ligero/Dragon)(Val/T Bone), rather than confusing the crowd with one event having someone face and the next having them heel.

Finally i think the matches i have enjoyed over going to the past two shows the most were the fatal four way at battle of the egos' and the 3 way elimation last night, its not suprising Kirby was in both ;)

Also Robbie X just gets better and better everytime i see him

• Paid Members

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

This was a good opener, but nothing special, but Kraze got the audience to hate him, and Tbone was very popular. Tbone's finish was brutal though, and I wish I'd grabbed a video of it, because looked like he dumped Kraze right on the top of his head.

Rainz bt Kieron

This was just a bit of fun. Poor Kieron got beaten to within an inch of his life by everybody from kids to the ref, ate an F5 and was finished by a powerbomb.

I didn't like this match. Blake was big, but he looked quite shaky out there. I don't know if he has much experience but he looked very green. With the count out finish the match just kinda died and it felt quite awkward.

I really enjoyed this match. I'd have liked to see spud get more offence in, but he was my highlight of the night. His mannerisms and crowd interaction were awesome and he reminded me of Chris Jericho in a lot of ways. Kirby was good as always, and Ligero was awesome. I would have loved to have seen a clean finish, but if we do get a Ligero vs Ego dragon match next time, I'll let it slide, but it was a disappointment that my most anticipated match ended before it got to be the classic it could have been.

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

This was a good match, but something about Rayne makes you like him, even though he was a heel. He had good support from the crowd, and Joey just wasn't over. The kids cheered him out of politeness, but as the match progressed he had to really work to get anyone to even acknowledge him. Dave won and left me wanting to see more of him.

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

I'm a huge fan of Robbie, and he was one of the most over wrestlers. This was a very solid match, and both worked hard, and was probably my favourite match of the night. Robbie hit a beautiful standing shooting star press, but was unsuccessful, as Ego dished out some nasty kicks to put him away. He then put a Ligero mask on Robbie and prepared to punish him some more when Ligero made the save. Again, given some more time, this could have been something really special, and I want to see more of both of them and was disappointed that it ended so abruptly. However, it did also make me anticipate Ligero vs Ego Dragon.

This match was ugly. Darcy tried to walk Palmer through a match, but Palmer's offence and selling were poor and I just really couldn't get myself to care. My friends were more interested in a potential nip slip from Palmer than the workrate. On the last show, Britney and (i've forgotten her name) put on a match that got them to forget about the boobs and get into the match, which shows the gulf of talent between Palmer and the other two ladies. I'm not going to blame Darcy for the poor match because she didn't have much to work with.

Anticlimax is all I can say. Taylor looked like he didn't want to be there, and never got out of first gear. The slow, methodical start had the makings of a lengthy match that could have built into something very good, but it ended before it got going, and with a screwy finish.

That they then teased Tbone vs Val only to announce it for November left a lot of people displeased. The match was so short that it was entirely possible that Tbone and Val COULD have had a match there and then. It's because of this that I agree that it shouldn't have been the main event. The match didn't feel like a main event (in fact, half the crowd seemed to have gone home during the match) whereas last time, the show was packed until the final bell. Robbie Vs Ego felt like more of a main even because it was really entertaining, had a clean finish, and then the save by Ligero meant that even if the result upset fans, they'd still go home on a high with the faces standing tall and a match to look forward to for next time.

That being said, the first three quarters of the show were very good fun, but the final two matches were a struggle.

Thank you for your feedback and I tend to agree with most of it especially regarding Taylor. This was my 4th show and I am still learning and I agree with your opinion that Battle of the egos was a better show maybe partly due to the hype surrounding the main event with MVK and Burridge ! The card had to change when Burridge and Travis pulled out and originally was due to have MVK v Burridge 2 and Kirby v Travis as well as Spud v El Ligero which would have been 3 top matches but these things happen and maybe I got it wrong when I changed things around.

On a brighter note I was really pleased with the lighting , the visuals , merchandise and using Dale Mills, some real positives for the show and fully intend to come back stronger , already knowing 90% of the card for September and November I can promise that the card will be of a very high quality including an inter promotional match that will be announce in the near future.

Again thank you for coming and your feedback is always welcomed and listened too.

Ben

PS - would just like to say thank you to all the crew / wrestlers / family and friends who helped , without you I could not achieve what I have - love you all ;)

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

Rainz bt Kieron

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

Thank you for your feedback and I tend to agree with most of it especially regarding Taylor. This was my 4th show and I am still learning and I agree with your opinion that Battle of the egos was a better show maybe partly due to the hype surrounding the main event with MVK and Burridge ! The card had to change when Burridge and Travis pulled out and originally was due to have MVK v Burridge 2 and Kirby v Travis as well as Spud v El Ligero which would have been 3 top matches but these things happen and maybe I got it wrong when I changed things around.

On a brighter note I was really pleased with the lighting , the visuals , merchandise and using Dale Mills, some real positives for the show and fully intend to come back stronger , already knowing 90% of the card for September and November I can promise that the card will be of a very high quality including an inter promotional match that will be announce in the near future.

Again thank you for coming and your feedback is always welcomed and listened too.

Ben

PS - would just like to say thank you to all the crew / wrestlers / family and friends who helped , without you I could not achieve what I have - love you all ;)

That's awesome to know. i'm looking forward the the next time and will certainly be at every show. It was still a great show and we all live and learn. I'll be a loyal supporter of Southside as long as you don't go all Vince Russo on us. I don't think I could handle Spud vs Milky in a blindfolded potato on a pole match. Anything else, I can ride through ;)

• Paid Members

T-Bone bt Cameron Kraze

Rainz bt Kieron

Dave Rayne bt Joey Hayes

Ego Dragon bt Robbie X

Ben

That's awesome to know. i'm looking forward the the next time and will certainly be at every show. It was still a great show and we all live and learn. I'll be a loyal supporter of Southside as long as you don't go all Vince Russo on us. I don't think I could handle Spud vs Milky in a blindfolded potato on a pole match. Anything else, I can ride through ;)

damm ;)

ps main event for RETRIBUTION 2 to be announced very very soon !

Archived