NGW Regeneration, 05.02.11; NEW STAGE AREA; Best in the country?

Dunny

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoping to attend this show. Been trying to make an NGW show for months but things keep cropping up....

Nice one Neil ! There is a seat in the " Team Dougie" section already booked! I have just realised that "WrestlingSnob" could be confused for "WrestlingsNob", just thought i would give you the heads up mate!

Didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would use this one in case anyone was interested.

I've began writing a year in review for 2010 for NGW. The style is very much borrowed from the GPW blog (http://gpwblog.posterous.com/ - definitely worth checking out!).

It's been quite an up and down year for us but one that some of you may know has been full of massive growth. It's a behind the scenes look to explain our point of view on things, what we were thinking at the time and our opinions retrospectively now the year has come to an end. Thought it might be of interest to some here -

NGW Year in Review 2010; Part 1

Just saw this on Facebook and thought I'd post it up here. As part of "The Re-Generation", take a look at whatever part of the set this is going to be.

68260_176988045657732_100000396144507_476798_5251351_n.jpg

I have no idea what the rest of the set up will look like come Feb 5th. But with how then set looked like at

I personally believe it has the potential to be the wrestling company with the highest look of professionalism in the country.

Just saw this on Facebook and thought I'd post it up here. As part of "The Re-Generation", take a look at whatever part of the set this is going to be.

68260_176988045657732_100000396144507_476798_5251351_n.jpg

I have no idea what the rest of the set up will look like come Feb 5th. But with how then set looked like at

I personally believe it has the potential to be the wrestling company with the highest look of professionalism in the country.

Re-Generation promises to live up to its name, The NGW Arena may not be the biggest or best of locations. But sure will be kind on the eye! Both in ring & aesthetically, there is a pride & passion that runs through NGW which will make 2011 quite a year!

• 2 weeks later...

So there you have it -

NGW Championship:

Sam Bailey V 'The Showstealer' Nathan Cruz

AS seen in the video above using threats, Nathan Cruz has got a rematch for the NGW Championship. In the video Cruz tells NGW Management, Mark Criteria that he's sick of the games that Criteria has played with Cruz during his quest for the belt. It has in fact been Criteria's own quest for the return of the NGW Championship to his control that has led to Cruz being caught in the crossfire.

Nathan Cruz, on a roll from his victory against Alex Shane in the epic Last Showstealer Standing match in June at the Anniversary show, rightfully earned his shot at the belt by beating El Ligero cleanly in August at Summer Smash Brawl II. Later that night as he confronted Bailey to attempt to psyche out his opponent for the next show, Criteria came out and suspended Cruz & his bodyguard Colossus Kennedy for the next show, Collision Course, due to the monster's actions earlier in the show. This 'conveniently' meant there was no contender for Sam Bailey's championship at Collision Course until Criteria unveiled his own hired gun, Paul Malen.

With Collision Course signalling the end of Cruz's suspension and seeing Bailey successfully retain his NGW championship against Malen, the one on one match between the the two was finally set for the NGW end of year spectacular, Eternal Glory II. Or so everyone thought...

The time for the mainevent came and the two stared each other down in the ring, nose to nose, so focused they were they didnt even notice Mark Criteria come out onto the stage. But he had an announcement - he was making the main event a triple treat match. And out came the green monster, Alex Cyanide! The former client of Mark Criteria who held the championship for 12 months, but was never actually beaten for the belt. The first ever champion had been stripped of the belt for failing to meet his contractual obligations and it was believed Cyanide would never be seen in NGW again. But for Criteria, desperate times called for desperate measures as he was desperate to get the belt back in his control. Cyanide's return was a huge shock and got a massive reaction from the NGW faithful.

The match was quite a spectacle and very different from what the fans expected when they entered the venue. A belt shot and a few chair shots later, Sam Bailey pinned Alex Cyanide to retain the belt and more importantly finally kill the ghost that he never actually beat Cyanide for the belt.

While the surprise and the unique three way match up was a treat for the fans, Cruz claimed (and perhaps rightly so) that he was robbed of his one on one title shot that he'd earned and in fact prepared for months. As you saw in the video he decided to take matters into his own hands to get his hands on Sam Bailey and as he believes...the NGW Championship.

Confirmed so far (card subject to change):

NGW Championship

Sam Bailey

Stixx V Joseph Conners

After the massive impact Stixx made at Eternal Glory II, NGW have snapped him up to make another appearance in February at Regeneration. The big man returned to NGW after a gap of over 2 years to beat Bam Bam Barton with a massive spear. But it was later in the night where Stixx made the biggest waves as he ran out to defend Dave Rayne as the unbeaten monster in NGW, Colossus Kennedy prepared to chokeslam him through two chairs. Following orders from his agent Richie West, in a shock to NGW fans, Colossus backed away and left the ring. Since his debut in October 2009, no one has managed to knock Kennedy off his feet..but he's never come across anyone who matches him as equally as Stixx does. Stixx told the pair he had had enough of their bullying and dared Kennedy to get in the ring and pick on someone his own size right there and then. But West made sure that Kennedy stayed away from the ring leaving the NGW fans wanting to see the two heavyweights go at it.

Stixx now returns to take on another formidable member of the NGW roster, Joseph Conners. But the real story is going to be Stixx & Colossus being in the same building again. With Stixx determined to be the man that stands up to the bully, who knows what will happen on Saturday 5th February...

In other news, as expected that The Rockstar Spud is trying everything he can do to wriggle himself & CJ Banks out of their match at Regeneration. Lawyers have been involved and Spud is struggling to find a loophole in the contract. We suspect that he knows the Storr Brothers will be desperate for revenge following the pairs actions at Collision Course in October.

Confirmed so far (card subject to change):

NGW Championship

Sam Bailey

Archived