NGW Regeneration, 05.02.11; NEW STAGE AREA; Best in the country?

Dunny

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for any misspelling, it's late and my heads a bit fooked at the moment. The venue was a legit sell out, without doubt the biggest crowd NGW has ever had. Hot crowd throughout most of the night.

The new set up is truely INCREDIBLE. Must be seen to be believed.

Quick Results:

1) Zack Diamond def Dara Diablo

It was announced that Danny V had been attacked early in the day and would nt be able to compete.

2) Stixx def Joseph Conner

3) El Ligero vs Colossus Kennedy ended in a no contest after Dara Diablo made the save and saved Ligero from the skull crusher. After Kennedy took them both down, Stixx came out and challenged Kennedy ones again for a match. GM Mark Criteria came out and announced the match would happen at NGW's 3rd Anniversary show in June, with the offical contract signing at the next show in April.

Interval

Lengthy, but always hugely entertaining, promo from Spud explaining that because Danny V was not here tonight, he had no match and therefor would not be wrestling. Matt Myers came out and accused him of being the one behind the attack. Spud would not accept Myers as a replacement, but instead brought out CJ Banks to face Myers.

I'm not 100% sure on the outcome of this match, but...

4) CJ Banks def Matt Myers.

After the match Avian, Danny V's brother, came out and chased Spud and Banks out of the ring. Spud claimed he was not behind the attack, and that Avian should really stop and think about who would want Danny out of the picture...

5) Venum (Jack Gallagher & Scott Adams) def The Mile High Club (Shane Spyral & Max Angelus)

And in the main event, after a corker of a match:

Nathan Cruz def Sam Bailey to become the new NGW champion (with a bit of help from the members of his "enterprise")

EDIT: Was also announced that the NGW Training School would have a very special seminar with UK Wrestling legend Robbie Brookside. Also there would be the first ever NGW Trainee show happening in, I think, April.

Deffo a set up everyone at NGW should be proud of. The show delivered too, the Stixx / Kennedy drama came off great live but could have worked equally as well on TV and will look great on the DVD. I loved that they didn't resort to violence at this stage.

The product is very strong and the crowd are invested in the talent. The main event was a very emotionally charged encounter. The roster is strong, the production may be second to none and definitely one of the best in the UK if it isn't the best, the crowd were hot but you have to earn that and NGW clearly have.

I can't do this company justice on here, well worth the 200 mile round trip so hopefully that helps sum it up. Having seen PBW and NGW within a week, both are as good as any UK fed I have seen live and they set the bar very high in my opinion.

Deffo a set up everyone at NGW should be proud of. The show delivered too, the Stixx / Kennedy drama came off great live but could have worked equally as well on TV and will look great on the DVD. I loved that they didn't resort to violence at this stage.

The product is very strong and the crowd are invested in the talent. The main event was a very emotionally charged encounter. The roster is strong, the production may be second to none and definitely one of the best in the UK if it isn't the best, the crowd were hot but you have to earn that and NGW clearly have.

I can't do this company justice on here, well worth the 200 mile round trip so hopefully that helps sum it up. Having seen PBW and NGW within a week, both are as good as any UK fed I have seen live and they set the bar very high in my opinion.

Its comments like this that make all our hard work worthwhile. Glad you enjoyed the show, Sir :thumbsup:

Definitely NGW's biggest attendance to date, the place was packed and I think we'd struggle to fit many more into our regular home. It also saw the debut of our brand new stage set up (photos to follow).

Full Results:

Diablo came out and explained that El Ligero hadn't been taking his calls or answering his messages. But tonight he wasn't going to cheat and he was going to impress Ligero so the two could become the best tag team in wrestling history and make everyone back home in Mexico very happy. He also revealed that he been thinking about merchandising ideas. and unveiled a t shirt that was simply an El Ligero t shirt with a Diablo picture taped on.

Zack Diamond def Dara Diablo after Diablo couldn't stick to his promise and attempted to cheat but failed.

It was announced that Danny V had been attacked early in the day and would not be able to compete later on in the evening. His brother Avian had accompanied to the hospital.

Stixx def Joseph Conners

El Ligero vs Colossus Kennedy ended in a no contest when Dara Diablo sacrificed himself and took the bullet for Ligero as Colossuslooked to lock in the skull crush. Kennedy then proceeded to beat them both down until this brought out Stixx. The two went nose to nose as Kennedy's agent Richie West tried to get him to back down. Stixx challenged him to go one on one, right there and then again and all he had to do to say yes was swing a punch. West continued to try to talk Kennedy down. West said they didn't need it, when Nathan Cruz wins the NGW title later on, Cruz Enterprises will rule NGW and Stixx can't just stroll into NGW and make his own matches. THis brought out NGW management Mark Criteria who said he can make any match he wants and said the match will happen at the NGW 3rd Anniversary show on June 11th and to make sure West doesn't try to wangle out of it, there will be an official contract signing on Saturday April 23rd at Prophecy. Both Stixx & Kennedy nodded in approval as West vocalised his displeasure to Criteria and then proceeded to persuade Colossus out of the ring.

The Rockstar Spud made his entrance and said he turned up to wrestle this evening but heard this opponents weren't hear. Apparently Danny V had been attacked backstage, Spud questioned who could have done such a thing? This brought out Matt Myers and said Spud knew exactly why Danny V & Avian weren't hear and accused the Rockstar of being the one who attacked Danny, which he denied. Myers said he wasnt going to stand by and let Spud get away with it and was here to wrestle Spud. Spud said as Myers wasnt his contracted opponent there was no way he was going to step in the ring with him, but he did have someone who was looking to wrestle that evening.

Matt Myers bt CJ Banks when Spud tried to interfere but it backfired and Myers got the win.

Spud & CJ began a beat down on Myers, but Avian ran through the front entrance and chased the two off. He said he'd just come from Danny V's bedside and he was looking for revenge on Spud. Spud said he didn't do it, he doesn't care enough about The Storr Brothers to go to the effort. Spud told Avian maybe he needs to think about who hates The Storr Brothers enough to go to such lengths.

Team Venum (Jack Gallagher & Scott Adams) def The Mile High Club (Shane Spyral & Max Angelus) to become the first team to progress to the second round of the tag team tournament.

Nathan Cruz def Sam Bailey to become the new NGW champion in a match people left talking about how brilliant it was. Cruz had support from his entourage, Melanie Price, Kev Cash & Richie West. Following the match they celebrated in the ring, with Cruz hoisted onto the shoulders of his bodyguard, Colossus Kennedy while he held the belt aloft.

Next show: Saturday April 23rd; Prophecy

Some other annoucmenets made throughout the night:

-Joey Hayes will be making his NGW debut on April 23rd

- British legend, Robbie Brookside, will be coming to the NGW Academy to take a very special seminar on Wednesday 13th April. Everyone welcome, for more information contact rich@hullwrestling.com

-The first ever NGW Pride show will take place on Sunday April 3rd with a focus on the newer generation of wrestlers from Hull and coming through the NGW training school.

Im not being biased when I say this but NGW have really got a great set up. excellent stage entrance area. Prob the best in the country. Very good show each match had the crowd going. The crowd was packed and very loud. This is how proffesional wrestling should look.

Liked the Venum tag team, they look the biz.

cant wait for Colossus vs Stixx. now thats a match that everyone should come see!!

enjoyed the promo video for Bailey v Cruz which addded the hype to the main event which was a true battle to the end.

NGW have come a long long way in a short time. the roster is outstanding - the set up and production is very impressive, the crowds are consistently big and the shows always deliver.

the guy's behind it and everyone that does anything involved in getting these shows on deserve a lot of credit.

fantastic promotion.

We haven't got through the official pictures yet, but here are some initial fan shots from a limited angle. It doesn't take in the two ramps coming down from the stage area and one connecting piece that goes direct to the ring from the stage.

And yes even the guard rails have a NGW logo on.

167575_10150096929698363_620308362_6051362_6807154_n.jpg

We haven't got through the official pictures yet, but here are some initial fan shots from a limited angle. It doesn't take in the two ramps coming down from the stage area and one connecting piece that goes direct to the ring from the stage.

And yes even the guard rails have a NGW logo on.

167575_10150096929698363_620308362_6051362_6807154_n.jpg

This is a great photo, but hopefully the official photo's will capture the atmosphere the stage creates (with all the lights and smoke and everything else)

Archived