Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The votecount is correct

Hmm, meaning one of SMS' voters have the power of two votes???

Usually, every player has the ability to cast one vote for another player, but the Game Moderator can choose to give the ability of doublevoting to a specific player. This is usually ancillary to the primary Role for that player; for example, if a Cop is able to vote twice, he is called a doublevoter cop.

The common form is to have the doublevoter's vote count twice. Typically this extra vote is not displayed in the vote count, but becomes noticeable when the moderator ends the day with a lynch when the count is still a vote shy.

A less common variant is for the doublevoter to be able to vote for two separate players at the same time. Sometimes covertly by PM to the moderator.

See also Voteless.

----

This means either one of the people voting SMS is counted as voting twice, or someone has PM'd the Mod voting for SMS alongside someone else but we can't see who.

Bit bastardy to show it in the votecount too isn't it? :laugh:

Also, I left the quote in about Voteless because it seems like one of those roles that co-exist in a game, but i'd need someone like Mike to give more on that.

• Paid Members
What a fantastic spot by ChrisB, good work buddy!

Why is it a fantastic spot?. This means of the 4 people voting SMS the scum now know has 2 votes, which according to the Mafia Wiki is a town role. The double voter among them is town.

Now we have scum that knows we have a powerful role, and will now purposely aim at them.

FoS TMS

It could be a doublevoter, but it could also be that SMS is a "Hated Townie" meaning he needs one vote less to lynch. I've seen mention of it on some of the wiki pages but I believe it's not a popular role with most mods.

• Paid Members

I wasn't trying to expose anyone - I honestly thought it was a miscount. I didn't think a doublevoter's second vote would be displayed in the vote count, if there was such a role. I thought, in that case, the lynching occurred at L-1.

It was mainly because I didn't want to push under the guise of having a majority vote on SMS if there wasn't one.

• Paid Members

Bristep also raises a good point.

This means SMS could be Townie.

A plan!.

Everyone who has voted for SMS, vote for me. Then, when everyone of those 4 has voted we'll ask for a votecount (Mod, do not give us a votecount until everyone that currently has a vote on SMS has one on me, and I ask you).

That way we can see if we have a doublevoter, or if SMS is a hated townie. We could possibly clear SMS before we lynch him.

Everyone ok with this plan?

• Paid Members
What a fantastic spot by ChrisB, good work buddy!

Why is it a fantastic spot?. This means of the 4 people voting SMS the scum now know has 2 votes, which according to the Mafia Wiki is a town role. The double voter among them is town.

Now we have scum that knows we have a powerful role, and will now purposely aim at them.

FoS TMS

Oh will you please behave TripleA, FOSing at a simple sentence, when you've already FOSed me in the thread, it's a little overkill isn't it?

For me, it's a good spot as it's highlighted an irregularity in the games play! Whether it be town or mafia with this power, whether it be one of the voters who voted, or as YOU mentioned a vote in secret via PM, it doesn't matter, it's a kink in the game that needs to be analysed!

Of course I'm scum though aren't I? Because I vote for people who have loads of votes against their names!!!

When in fact I've RVS voted and voted for Ron who only had 2 other votes to his name! Stop being so cavalier and gung-ho about it all! Stand back from your PC and actually look at what you're saying! relax!!

• Paid Members

First off, I liked SMS' big post, and he's right... TripleA didn't actively give anything away on retrospect, I think it was a knee jerk glance over and "that seems right" thing that we all did. So he shouldn't be thought of as definite town. However to the same end, I've not found him to be scummy either, so thus far I see no reason to suspect him.

Regards the vote count, first, the doublevoter could easily be scum. There's also roles where the scum can steal a vote from a player and place it elsewhere (I think it's called Politician), and thus if they've taken the vote from someone not currently voting, we wouldn't necessarily know about it.

Also, if it's a scum power, it means SMS is town, if it's a town power, it means SMS is town or scum.

Plus, I'm not a fan of your idea TripleA, scum could easily play it to get whatever result we want (If it's a scum role of course), if they swing their extra vote onto you, for instance, then we wont know if one of those players is a double voter or whether someone can steal votes, or whether there's another double voter out there.

Then there's the fact that the person in question may not even know they are a double voter. So they could be a town unknown double voter, or even a scum unknown double voter.

I'd say the best thing we can do is be extra careful about things instead.

Now... regards TripleA's earlier post about how SMS and Dan seem very eager to get Ron lynched... I'm not happy with anyone who's eager to lynch Ron at the moment. I'm pretty sure from what I saw earlier (regarding what I told him to shut up about) he's town, which leads me to believe scum also saw what I did, and are trying to get him lynched.

• Paid Members

You're basing it purely on if it's a scum role we have going on though. Don't you think it's at least worth a try to see what happens?. We've only got today and tomorrow daytime left and as of yet everyone is split on who to vote for. If we do this plan it could help us greatly in the next day phase.

We could go through with the plan, and then maybe lynch SMS?. It's the way the game seems to be going anyway, so the way the doublevote works, along with SMS' flip it might give us a massive insight of what role we have to deal with?

• Paid Members

Well this double-vote thing is a spanner in the works....I'm kind of unsure what to do now, All I came on for was to say that I'd been thinking about it and was deciding to leave my vote on SMS, the roleblocker claim on day1 was a crazy move, and Lawz remembering Snake's dislike for the role stands out to me as the clearest thing we've had this day.

TripleA, I'm not really sure on your plan, Mike raises some good points about it, plus yes on one hand we could potentially clear SMS... but I think we also risk giving too much information to the scum. I don't know, I've not encountered this situation before. My temptation is just to stay with my gut instinct that SMS is lying about his role, and as Mike so often states, townies have no reason to lie.

I'll probably be around for a couple more hours if anyone has a better idea about this double-vote thing, but I won't be online again from 6pm until the first ad-break.

Archived