customs charges/VAT from US order

silvera2006

• 1 month later...
Here's the PDF that attempts to explain it - http://images.fedex.com/downloads/invoice/...ce_guide_UK.pdf

Yeah that doesn't really help me much either. Thanks for trying to help anyway. I've accepted that I'll have to pay, just wanna make sure I'm paying the right amount so I'll have to call them to dispute it. Will leave it for another day, I've already wasted long enough on it this afternoon.

• Paid Members
I have already paid for postage to my home. I did not ask you to collect my parcel from customs. I would like it given back to customs where I will pay the duty and having already paid postage charges the item can continue on its journey.

Unless it would cost you less than

I have already paid for postage to my home. I did not ask you to collect my parcel from customs. I would like it given back to customs where I will pay the duty and having already paid postage charges the item can continue on its journey.

Unless it would cost you less than

• Paid Members

You can't just pay the customs fee over the phone or by cheque. Somebody has to be physically present to pick up the parcel at the point of entry into the UK, fill out the paperwork and, if requested by customs officials, open up the package for inspection. If the Royal Mail didn't do this, you'd have to do it yourself.

Archived