The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Mario RPG had the benefit of Square being involved. I started playing an emulated version, but the save states never worked properly with it. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

@FLipsthere's a great fan translated ROM of Bare Knuckle 3 out there that shows us what we could have had if it wasn't for Sega of America deciding the game was too easy, the plot was too controversial and Axel looked too gay in the colours he'd been wearing throughout the game. It's criminally overlooked. Still not a patch on 2, but leaps and bounds ahead if "Streets Of Rage 3"

I’m playing Bare Knuckle III at the minute and quite honestly Sega did the world a favour removing Ash from the NTSC and PAL versions. Incredibly insulting and harmful stereotype.

The other changes are all a bit odd though. Not sure about them changing the colour of Axel because he looked gay, that’s the first I’ve heard that. Considering he looked the same in 1 and 2 and other characters also had their sprites changed I’m not sure how much truth there is to that.

1 hour ago, Jazzy G said:

Mario RPG had the benefit of Square being involved. I started playing an emulated version, but the save states never worked properly with it. 

Don’t get me wrong, Paper Mario TTYD is still a brilliant game and laugh-out-loud funny at times, but the fact Super Mario RPG doesn’t outstay its welcome is a huge point in its favour for me. I’m all for games removing the padding when it comes to their main quest.

Edited by RedTwoster