Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

Below is the official match listing, courtesy of Amazon.com, for the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray collection, "WWE: The Best Pay-Per-View Matches: 2012" set for release on December 26.

*snip*

Already been posted, although it was on the previous page .

Edit: OK, this went onto a new page, so it'll be two pages ago.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched the Attitude documentary and the Legends Roundtable on Raw (which was really just another attitude era/Monday Night Wars axe-grind) last night and I really wish that attitude era nostalgia would fuck off now. They've gone over all the main stuff so many times that the only interesting bits were the little mentions of the likes of The Brood and Crash. I really want to watch that DX tank explode before it gets to the WCW arena, and for Austin to fall off his fucking beer truck and snap his spine. I'd love it if that blonde woman just nutted Rock in his nose when he tells her to poontang her ass on out of there. Of course, the nature of recorded video dictates that those outcomes will never see fruition. They will play out as they always do, and be followed by some cunt like Christian or Dok Hendrix talking about them. I've grown to hate the attitude era's biggest highlights, or at least the ones WWE has spent the last ten years repeating. OMG LOL HE FILLED A CAR WITH CONCRETE. I didn't even like it at the time, a decade and a half later it's really shit.

The attitude documentary is probably the worst WWE one I've seen in quite a while. That is partly down to it all having been covered before, but as others have said above, it just seems like a half-arsed and ill-focused fluff piece as well. New talking heads in Rikishi, Vince Russo and the Road Doggy Doggy Doggy, but they say nothing of substance. Footage of Rock and Austin talking heads from other DVDs. I imagine if you hadn't seen all the other video/on-demand releases about that period and you'd somehow missed the million times the clips have been replayed on Raw, it'd be an enjoyable enough reliving of the time. But I hated it, and I haven't had much sleep.

Agree with all of this. Although I'm equally as sick of seeing the same clips repeated in every piece they do on the subject I'm still interested to hear from people who were around at the time and to hear what it was like to live through it. Instead it was an hour of "Yeah we pushed the envelope, it was great, good times" soundbytes from Christian and Ron Simmons.

The story Mark Henry tells about questioning Vince over the Mae Young birth angle really gives a weird insight into Vince's mentality as well.

It really felt like something for WWE 24/7 and not a proper DVD release. Quite phoned in. I do like the production on it though with that handheld-feel.

But as has been said, a lot of those great Attitude moments have lost a lot of their appeal due to overplay. Rock's birthday party must be one of the most-rated things of all time.

EDIT: It's funny. While they admit that a lot of the stuff was of it's time and Crash TV, they talk about long-term stories and character arcs like they aren't something that should be present in all storytelling, regardless of time period.

FAQ from WWEDVD.CO.UK

RELEASE SCHEDULE & TITLE INFORMATION

Q. Are FremantleMedia going to carry on with Tagged Classics?

A. We know the Tagged Classics have been popular with fans and we will be looking at developing similar DVD programming during 2013.

Q. Are the DVD

I'd rather they didn't. The Blu-rays of the PPVs were affordable on their own. Adding a DVD would only increase the price probably.

Also aren't many company's coming away from offering both Blu & DVD's aswell as the digital copy's?

Seems to be pretty commonplace in America, but usually they have a number of releases i.e. Blu ray, then a mega Blu+DVD+Digital etc.

Blu-ray + digital copy is becoming more common here over Blu+DVD, especially with TV releases.

I'd rather they didn't. The Blu-rays of the PPVs were affordable on their own. Adding a DVD would only increase the price probably.

Also aren't many company's coming away from offering both Blu & DVD's aswell as the digital copy's?

Seems to be pretty commonplace in America, but usually they have a number of releases i.e. Blu ray, then a mega Blu+DVD+Digital etc.

Blu-ray + digital copy is becoming more common here over Blu+DVD, especially with TV releases.

Yeah, just noticed t'other day that a lot of releases are now coming with blu-ray and a digital (ultraviolet or digital) and not with the DVD anymore which is a real shame but can understand why.

I noticed that Zavvi and The Hut have pre-orders for the new Blu-rays which will be done by Fremantle Media.

Yeah, just noticed t'other day that a lot of releases are now coming with blu-ray and a digital (ultraviolet or digital) and not with the DVD anymore which is a real shame but can understand why.

I noticed that Zavvi and The Hut have pre-orders for the new Blu-rays which will be done by Fremantle Media.

Archived