Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

The board took a risk based on the progress of our youngsters and the crowds/corporates.

As it has been well documented, alot of corporate business was going to be lost for the following season if Jimmy was still in charge, which would cost the club a hell of a lot of money. Also, crowds were on steady decline.

The board took the risk of sacking him thinking that it would make things on those parts better.

First season, businesses renewed their corportates, Tick.

Crowds rose, Cross.

Promising youngsters coming throught, Tick.

Results, Cross.

Second season, business have renewed their corporates but crowds are dropping rapidly. More youngsters are coming through but we seem to be doing just as bad.

You can argue the corporates are maybe making up for the prize money were are losing so we are back at square one and going backwards for as we all know, football is a results business. What's the point in taking in corportate money if your results are poor and crowds dropping.

Unfortunately it seems the risk the board has taken has backfired and needs to be rectified one way or another. In my opinion the whole club is rotten from top to bottom, so I have no idea what needs to be done to fix things.

It's a sorry state for a once proud club to be in.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton 2-1 Dunfermline

I'll take a performance like that all day. Not only a win, but a deserved one too. Massive improvements by certain players today. Darren Young looks, again, like he can be an asset for the team. Alan Jenkins was reminiscent of the driving force he was when we were playing well under Davie Irons. Jonathon Toto actually looks like a football player now instead of a tree.

I think the Pars can feel hard done by with the referee, but not with the result.

• Paid Members

I hope the SFA look at Mark McGhee after that performance. No way Aberdeen should lose nine, even with a player sent off. He told his team to lay down, simple as.

It's an important match for Rangers tomorrow. If they don't win that one, I'd guess it's Celtic's title to lose. Let's face it, if Rangers can't beat this St. Mirren side, they don't deserve the title.

• Paid Members
I hope the SFA look at Mark McGhee after that performance. No way Aberdeen should lose nine, even with a player sent off. He told his team to lay down, simple as.

It's an important match for Rangers tomorrow. If they don't win that one, or even draw, I'd guess it's Celtic's title to lose.

Truth is Baz, apart from Paul Hartley none of the players that were on that pitch today have any heart. Without him to lead by example we have nothing to offer. There is a reason McGhee felt the need to have Hartley in the dugout during the Rangers game when he was injured.

It isn't just today, it's been this way all season. Too many guys hiding, not wanting the ball.

Look at the Aberdeen squad, is there anyone other than Hartley that you would want in your squad?

• Paid Members

It's an important match for Rangers tomorrow. If they don't win that one, or even draw, I'd guess it's Celtic's title to lose.

Truth is Baz, apart from Paul Hartley none of the players that were on that pitch today have any heart. Without him to lead by example we have nothing to offer. There is a reason McGhee felt the need to have Hartley in the dugout during the Rangers game when he was injured.

It isn't just today, it's been this way all season. Too many guys hiding, not wanting the ball.

Look at the Aberdeen squad, is there anyone other than Hartley that you would want in your squad?

Sir Paul definitely fucked up big time today thought. He should have just let it go in. :p

Nah, I'm not going to judge until I've seen the highlights.

Archived