Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

I worked in a call centre during the Summer and there was a big lad who worked there who was a Motherwell season ticket holder - at least, that's what his party line was to come across as superior when football discussions cropped up (it was the most bizarre thing: we sat in mostly the same positions every day, so in our part of the office, there was: a Celtic fan, a Rangers fan, a Falkirk fan, a Motherwell fan, a Man Utd fan, a Newcastle fan, a Deportivo La Coruna fan and a Napoli fan).

This cunt might as well have worn a Rangers jersey to work every day though: he was the most embittered anti-Celtic guy I have ever encountered in my life, and this is including my experiences with legions of Huns in my lifetime.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always thought it was commonly accepted that Rangers are the most supported club in Scotland. Celtic have a wider fanbase, but Rangers have a stronger support in Scotland.

This is probably about right.

Certainly in Aberdeen and the North-east there is a huge amount of Rangers supporters.

It's also amazing the amount of Motherwell fans that work in supermarkets. Fact. I've worked part time in 2 supermarkets and knew no less than 11 Motherwell fans.

Motherwell fans are everywhere. One even works in my work and she stays nowhere near Motherwell and never has. Must be a family thing that she supports them or something.

• Paid Members
I've always thought it was commonly accepted that Rangers are the most supported club in Scotland. Celtic have a wider fanbase, but Rangers have a stronger support in Scotland.

This is probably about right.

Certainly in Aberdeen and the North-east there is a huge amount of Rangers supporters.

It's also amazing the amount of Motherwell fans that work in supermarkets. Fact. I've worked part time in 2 supermarkets and knew no less than 11 Motherwell fans.

Motherwell fans are everywhere. One even works in my work and she stays nowhere near Motherwell and never has. Must be a family thing that she supports them or something.

I've hardly ever met any 'Well fans. In fact he only one I've ever met properly was through a mate of mine when he was working at the Argos store in Partick and the guy was his boss.

Same goes for Killie, St Mirren etc. I guess their fans don't make it this far north.

I worked in a call centre during the Summer and there was a big lad who worked there who was a Motherwell season ticket holder - at least, that's what his party line was to come across as superior when football discussions cropped up

Motherwell fans are superior to other fans, there's no need to appear as such ;)

So what do the Rangers/Celtic fans think will be the scores tonight? Full line ups?

I've got a feeling Lennon will want to prove a point and send out a very attacking side. Whether that is the right thing to do or not I don't know.

48 hours the SFA said it will take them to come out with a statement regarding the Tannadice incident. It has now been 48 hours and they have now released said statement. Statement says... it has been referred to the referees committee. This is a fucking joke of an organisation who don't have a clue.

48 hours the SFA said it will take them to come out with a statement regarding the Tannadice incident. It has now been 48 hours and they have now released said statement. Statement says... it has been referred to the referees committee. This is a fucking joke of an organisation who don't have a clue.

It really is ridiculous. It's just the SFA finding a way of passing the buck. And then the referee's committee will now stand by their own ( Dougie McDonald ) as always.

It really is ridiculous. It's just the SFA finding a way of passing the buck. And then the referee's committee will now stand by their own ( Dougie McDonald ) as always.

You're not wrong:

Chairman: Alan McRae - Cove Rangers

Vice-chairman: David Dowling - Brora Rangers

Willie Young, Jim McCluskey, Donald McVicar, Sandy Roy, Alan Freeland and Ian Fyfe.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Serious question. What exactly are Celtic fans hoping for from the SFA?

Who knows?

But they'll probably get the same as they did when they stupidly expected Jorge Cadete's registration to go through in a timely manner.

Namely, fuck all.

Edit: Just found out that a group of Dundee Utd casuals decided to saunter into a local Motherwell drinking establishment and kick off 30 minutes after the game had started last night.

Nice to see that they decide to head in when all the Motherwell fans would be at the game...

• Paid Members
Just found out that a group of Dundee Utd casuals decided to saunter into a local Motherwell drinking establishment and kick off 30 minutes after the game had started last night.

Nice to see that they decide to head in when all the Motherwell fans would be at the game...

:laugh:

I'm sure the Dundee United "casuals" will tell the tale like something out of a Cass Pennant book.

"There was 30 of us, top boys like and we ran Motherwell all over town."

Seriously though - Even though i don't condone football violence at all - It's funny how Dundee United's lot are quick enough to tear up Pubs in Aberdeen (The Saltoun Arms for example has closed because the owners were fed of of repairing the place after visits from DUFC) but these muppets are nowhere to be seen when Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers come to town and fill half their ground for them.

Just found out that a group of Dundee Utd casuals decided to saunter into a local Motherwell drinking establishment and kick off 30 minutes after the game had started last night.

:laugh:

I'm sure the Dundee United "casuals" will tell the tale like something out of a Cass Pennant book.

"There was 30 of us, top boys like and we ran Motherwell all over town."

Seriously though - Even though i don't condone football violence at all - It's funny how Dundee United's lot are quick enough to tear up Pubs in Aberdeen (The Saltoun Arms for example has closed because the owners were fed of of repairing the place after visits from DUFC) but these muppets are nowhere to be seen when Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers come to town and fill half their ground for them.

Their are no Dundee United casuals, only city of Dundee casuals. Bunch of wankers from my experience (like most casuals). Never understood why the associate fighting with football, makes no sense at all.

Our game was weird last night.

3-0 and cruising after less than 15 minutes, then after that, the wide play seemed to stop altogether and we just fell to pieces. Ledley's "offside" goal (CONSPIRACY!@~) which would've made it 4-0 would have led to an absolute demolition IMO, but that's not what happened, and Loovens' idiocy once again gives the opposition a glimmer of hope.

Aside from Majstorovic (who was a one man defence) and Forster, we were absolutely godawful in the second half and were it not for the two aforementioned players, I reckon we would have buckled and lost the game. Big Dan must want to boot Loovens' balls in, as I think with a decent partner beside him he will turn out to be a great buy for us. Majstorovic is a breath of fresh air from the centre halves we've had in the last couple of years, and I think he is exactly what we've needed - a big baldy bastard who will just sort it the fuck out, no fannying about.

I know the grass is always greener, but dare I say I think Caldwell and him would have made a good pairing.

Archived