Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
OH NOES! He didn't grab Boyle by the arm to stop him from running away from big bad Brown did he? Oh no.... can't be having that.

If you're going to make a snide remark to someone, you don't say it then run away like a prick. You do what Ally McCoist did, stand there and take it.

Boyle is a coward.

Regardless of the situation, you don't put your hands on an opposing clubs official. Simple as that.

Brown will have to face some time in the stands.

Well if you want to play that tit for tat... it was Boyle who had his arm round Craig Brown's neck/shoulder region first...

OH NOES! He didn't grab Boyle by the arm to stop him from running away from big bad Brown did he? Oh no.... can't be having that.

If you're going to make a snide remark to someone, you don't say it then run away like a prick. You do what Ally McCoist did, stand there and take it.

Boyle is a coward.

Regardless of the situation, you don't put your hands on an opposing clubs official. Simple as that.

Well if you want to play that tit for tat... it was Boyle who had his arm round Craig Brown's neck/shoulder region first...

I'm not playing anything, I'm just saying it as it is. Brown has to face punishment for what he did, as does Boyle.

UEFA have confirmed that a second disciplinary action will be taken against Rangers for sectarian singing, this time for the home leg of the PSV tie. Apparently, if found guilty of both offences, they are facing a

• Paid Members

Boyle is a coward.

I'm not playing anything, I'm just saying it as it is. Brown has to face punishment for what he did, as does Boyle.

But surely the punishment has to be of equal proportions? You can't exaclty give Boyle a touchline ban can you?

But surely the punishment has to be of equal proportions? You can't exaclty give Boyle a touchline ban can you?

They gave McCoist a touchline ban even though he's just the assistant manager, didn't they?

The fact is, unless the SFA act on this they'll be hammered even more by Celtic, as Lennon was banned without laying hands on anyone, wasn't he?

Anyone know when the SFL player of the year nominations come out? Morton have a couple of players in with a shout I reckon, at least as far as nominations go. Anyone other than Barry Smith winning manager of the year would be a joke though.

In the First Division category, Dundee players Gary Harkins and Sean Higgins are in the frame for honours, as are John Baird of Raith Rovers and Dunfermline's Andy Kirk.

Robert Linn of East Fife, Rory McAllister of Brechin, Ayr United's Mark Roberts and Iain Russell of champions Livingston are the Second Division nominees.

And, making up the Division Three list are Stranraer's Scott Agnew and Armand One, Ricky Little of Queen's Park and Arbroath's Gavin Swankie.

Courtesy of BBC Sport.

I can only assume Higgins has been better than he usually plays against us. The other three don't surprise me. I'm disappointed that Jenkins didn't at least get a nomination, but given that two players came from a team that was undefeated for the yonks and two come from the top two teams, I can't really complain.

• Paid Members

They gave McCoist a touchline ban even though he's just the assistant manager, didn't they?

The fact is, unless the SFA act on this they'll be hammered even more by Celtic, as Lennon was banned without laying hands on anyone, wasn't he?

But John Boyle is not part of the squad nor the coaching staff, so he really shouldn't be in the dugout area though should he? Well according to Fifa he shouldn't as he isn't of the criteria above.

I can only assume Higgins has been better than he usually plays against us. The other three don't surprise me. I'm disappointed that Jenkins didn't at least get a nomination, but given that two players came from a team that was undefeated for the yonks and two come from the top two teams, I can't really complain.

Higgins had a great 12 weeks after Griffiths left us, not enough to warrant nomination IMO, I agree with them all except Higgy, I'd have had Rhys Weston who sails through every game there instead.

Barry Smith is clearly the obvious nomination for Manager of the year. 11 players for 27 games, only 2 losses. No doubt it'll be Walter Smith that wins it due to it being his last season etc, even though they have a fair sized squad, youth system and budget. Whatevs.

• Paid Members

But John Boyle is not part of the squad nor the coaching staff, so he really shouldn't be in the dugout area though should he? Well according to Fifa he shouldn't as he isn't of the criteria above.

Who cares - we have a semi-final to enjoy this weekend. As does David.

David, I actually hope you lot win on Saturday. St Johnstone are perhaps the most boring SPL team I've ever seen in a long time - at least Hamilton try to attack.

• Paid Members

David, I actually hope you lot win on Saturday. St Johnstone are perhaps the most boring SPL team I've ever seen in a long time - at least Hamilton try to attack.

No we really don't. If we make it to the final I may do a Werner Herzog!

• Paid Members

No we really don't. If we make it to the final I may do a Werner Herzog!

Eat your hat instead! :thumbsup:

Taking all the Broon stuff out of it, I would like to see a Motherwell vs Aberdeen final, as I think it could end up being a real cracker of a game.

Archived