Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A slap on the wrist fine and warning about future conduct will be the order of the day- see Villarreal and Osasuna for a precedent. UEFA couldn't be fucked doing anything of consequence about the crowd trouble in Unirea and were powerless to do anything after Manchester, so despite the huffing and puffing I don't see how there are going to be any meaningful sanctions this time.

The Bain statement makes for hilarious reading.

It's about time UEFA intervened. There is almost always a new PR disaster for Rangers accompanying every European away match, so surely they cannot escape punishment forever.

You really do come off as being a bit of a prick.

• Paid Members
Bain said: "We are utterly dismayed to be informed by UEFA that they are to take disciplinary action. We will defend the club's position vigorously.

"UEFA have made clear in any previous disciplinary hearings that sanctions have been mitigated by the extensive work the club does to tackle sectarianism.

:laugh:

:laugh:

Instead of wasting money defending the clubs position they might be better served actually tackling the problem properly.

I wondered if anything would have been done after the home PSV game. That wasn't a small minority belting out "My Fathers Advice".

I support ANY Scottish club in Europe, but even I must admit the singing is shockingly common. Not just in Europe mind, but in the league, the cup, friendlies...

I remember going to a Rangers-Partick Thistle cup match about two years ago and being shocked at the sectarian chanting. I thought it was definitely be reported in the papers, as did my friends. It wasn't. I've since been to other Gers games, and at each one at some point during the match the chants have broken out, and (at least in the games I've been to) the press and, more importantly, the club, seem to ignore it.

It makes sense though Martyn, as the cup semi-final is now all you have left to play for. We're virtually assured of top six football, and will more than likely see McCall rest a few players for the Hearts game this weekend as well.

• Paid Members
It makes sense though Martyn, as the cup semi-final is now all you have left to play for. We're virtually assured of top six football, and will more than likely see McCall rest a few players for the Hearts game this weekend as well.

I partly agree, but I dont think that a 2nd string being spanked at home to Rangers is perhaps the best thing in the lead up to the last meaningful game of our season.

• Paid Members

David, what do you make of Chris Humphrey? I saw him playing for Shrewsbury a few years ago and he looked decent. Seen bits and pieces of him on the SPL review show in the past week or two and he looks to be doing pretty well again. He looks like he's got bags of pace. He got owt else?

He's come onto a game in recent weeks, managing to bag a few important goals (including one on our way to the cup semi-final). The biggest complaint against him has always been his inability to cross a ball.

If he could do that he wouldn't be long at a club like Motherwell.

The Bain statement makes for hilarious reading.

It's about time UEFA intervened. There is almost always a new PR disaster for Rangers accompanying every European away match, so surely they cannot escape punishment forever.

You really do come off as being a bit of a prick.

I'm broken-hearted. Stop crying you stupid cunt.

Archived