Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

An easy win last night, with a bumper crowd (much more than the 9,000 officially mentioned, that's for sure). Bring on St Johnstone! :D

I'll be rooting for an Aberdeen win against Celtic, simply so we can laugh at that auld cunt Broon's greetin' face after we win the final! :p

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it was a Well/Dons final I'd honestly have us a huge favourites to win.

I know you would, but you'll find that the bookies usually base their numbers on reality. The fact is, we cuffed you at Pittodrie a month or so ago, and we'll cuff you again at the weekend. After that, coupled with our absolute destruction of Dundee United last night, we will be fancying our chances should you lot prove lucky enough to get past Celtic.

Going by your recent results against them though I'm not too confident. Saying that, we cuffed Celtic last time out as well, so now that I think about it, bring on either side! :smug:

• Paid Members
If it was a Well/Dons final I'd honestly have us a huge favourites to win.

I know you would, but you'll find that the bookies usually base their numbers on reality. The fact is, we cuffed you at Pittodrie a month or so ago, and we'll cuff you again at the weekend. After that, coupled with our absolute destruction of Dundee United last night, we will be fancying our chances should you lot prove lucky enough to get past Celtic.

Going by your recent results against them though I'm not too confident. Saying that, we cuffed Celtic last time out as well, so now that I think about it, bring on either side! :smug:

It's not a good thing to be overconfident. Would make the fall even harder young David.

You "cuffed" us when we had only one recognised midfielder on the pitch and he's hardly played in the centre. Of course you were going to boss that game. Also if my memory serves me right, you scraped by with one goal? Not exactly "cuffed" as you say.

I'm sure if the two sides were up against eachother and each had their strongest 11 on the park, we'd win.

Also, we will be much stronger next season once we finally get rid of CaLang(field)ity Jamie and Zander Diremond!

You "cuffed" us when we had only one recognised midfielder on the pitch and he's hardly played in the centre. Of course you were going to boss that game. Also if my memory serves me right, you scraped by with one goal? Not exactly "cuffed" as you say.

I'm sure if the two sides were up against eachother and each had their strongest 11 on the park, we'd win.

Also, we will be much stronger next season once we finally get rid of CaLang(field)ity Jamie and Zander Diremond!

Ah, the sorry sound of excuses!

• Paid Members

Ah, the sorry sound of excuses!

He's giving you some examples so you can post some at 4:45 on Saturday! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

They are not excuses, they are the stone cold facts on why we struggled.

Try playing John Sutton and Jamie Murphy in the centre of midfield in the place of the likes of Jennings & Lasley. I'm sure even your lot would struggle against weaker opposition.

Anyways, we'll see come the end of the season.

I'm sure even your lot would struggle against weaker opposition.

Weaker opposition, eh? The league table placings would contradict that view, just as they did at the end of last season.

Oh, and we consider ourselves to be having somewhat of a bad season this year, having not cemented a place in the top six already.

Indeed we will. It must suck terribly to be a club who used to be so great, only to have to resort to hiring former Motherwell managers in order to try and catch a little of the lightning in a bottle that we've had recently :laugh:

• Paid Members
I'm sure even your lot would struggle against weaker opposition.

Weaker opposition, eh? The league table placings would contradict that view, just as they did at the end of last season.

Oh, and we consider ourselves to be having somewhat of a bad season this year, having not cemented a place in the top six already.

Indeed we will. It must suck terribly to be a club who used to be so great, only to have to resort to hiring former Motherwell managers in order to try and catch a little of the lightning in a bottle that we've had recently :laugh:

As they say, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." Etc. Etc.

• Paid Members

Partick Thistle's attempt at an April Fool.... :rolleyes:

Must do better.

Erskine for Brazil?

Friday 1st April 2011

The Club regularly takes delivery of letters from the four corners of the globe.

One received this week though has really put the cat among the pigeons, coming as it does from the Brazilian FA.

It's widely believed that Scotland is responsible for taking the game of football to Brazil. It transpires that one of the early pioneers was a certain Eugene Erskine from Ayr, a distant relative of our very own Chris Erskine.

This information was passed to the Brazilian FA during their recent visit to the UK for last Sunday's friendly match, who requested a DVD exhibiting some of Chris' 'samba' soccer skills.

The letter from the Brazilian Head of Development, Pilar Lofo, that arrived at Firhill today states;

"We have studied the talents of Mr Erskine and having established that he is indeed eligible to play for Brazil, we would like to invite him to a training camp in Rio during the summer."

Said manager Ian McCall;

"We are delighted to allow Chris to travel to Brazil, although he will miss our opening Challenge Cup tie next season. I know some Thistle fans have a bet that Chris will some day be capped by Scotland but I doubt anyone has one on him being capped by Brazil."

Archived