Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Motherwell probably had a better chance of winning today than in two weeks. Paul Dixon is no centre back, and beyond that the United players were exhausted by the end and holding on for dear life.

But what a goal by Goodwillie. Hopefully that'll add another zero onto his valuation.

Prefer if it added another year to his sentance, or has the girl accept the offer for settlement yet?

Until he's convicted or cleared, it's irrelevant.

Putting a value on someone who will likely face trial for rape is just sily, never mind adding a 0 to his value for an OHK that was straight at the keeper.

At this stage, my understanding is that he's not likely to face trial, as much as Dundee fans seem to want him to (which I find sad really).

And to try and play down the quality of that goal... :rolleyes:

Excellent technique, poor finish. Most keepers would have held on to that.

SCOTTISH CUP:Semi-final draw

Dundee United/Motherwell v Brechin City/St Johnstone

St Mirren/Aberdeen v Inverness Caledonian Thistle/Celtic

:cry:

pray that caley beat celtic and you beat st mirren, would hate to see the dons take another pasting (even though i like celtic)

• Paid Members
SCOTTISH CUP:Semi-final draw

Dundee United/Motherwell v Brechin City/St Johnstone

St Mirren/Aberdeen v Inverness Caledonian Thistle/Celtic

:cry:

pray that caley beat celtic and you beat st mirren, would hate to see the dons take another pasting (even though i like celtic)

That is our only chance of getting to the final. I just can't see us beating Celtic right now.

Judging by the weather today, I would say it is more likely than not that tomorrow's game will be postponed again. If that is the case, I will be fucking raging. Not only is the organisation of the ties a disgrace (we were meant to be playing Hibs tomorrow in the league at Parkhead), but it is a logistical nightmare for the fans. I was meant to be going up to Inverness on Sunday but I won't be able to make it tomorrow because of uni/late kick-off etc. It's bad enough for me, but what about the lads from Ireland and elsewhere who will need to know by tomorrow MORNING at the latest if they should travel over for the game?

A decision needs to be made by tonight at the latest, I reckon.

• Paid Members
Judging by the weather today, I would say it is more likely than not that tomorrow's game will be postponed again. If that is the case, I will be fucking raging. Not only is the organisation of the ties a disgrace (we were meant to be playing Hibs tomorrow in the league at Parkhead), but it is a logistical nightmare for the fans. I was meant to be going up to Inverness on Sunday but I won't be able to make it tomorrow because of uni/late kick-off etc. It's bad enough for me, but what about the lads from Ireland and elsewhere who will need to know by tomorrow MORNING at the latest if they should travel over for the game?

A decision needs to be made by tonight at the latest, I reckon.

You're assuming that the football authorities in this country give a shit about the fans.

Fair play to anyone travelling over from Ireland to go to an away Caley match but the best you're likely to get is a lunchtime inspection.

It's a similar situation for the St Mirren fans (all 50-ish of them) that will be heading up here, much like Inverness the weather has been terrible today but the forecast tommorrow is for decent weather.

The pitch inspections aren't thought out with any kind of consideration for fans, that's for sure. We had a pitch inspection just after 10am before the game with Dundee United on Sunday, which was late considering the game kicked off at 1:15.

Most of the people I knew who were travelling up for the game had all left by then, and the team had left for Dundee the previous evening.

The pitch inspections aren't thought out with any kind of consideration for fans, that's for sure. We had a pitch inspection just after 10am before the game with Dundee United on Sunday, which was late considering the game kicked off at 1:15.

Most of the people I knew who were travelling up for the game had all left by then, and the team had left for Dundee the previous evening.

But there are different levels of consideration. You don't give cast iron assurances that a game might be on or off the night before just so people from a different country can agree their travel plans - especially not at a time when there is already a fixture backlog.

Archived