Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Here's a question. Would Aberdeen fans rather have a shit manager than Terry Butcher ?

Isn't that the same thing? Terry Butcher has been in the management game twenty years and apart from Motherwell and Caley Thistle, he's done the collective total of f*ck all. Astounding really. Aberdeen would never have him and he would never go. The fans would hate him so much.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a question. Would Aberdeen fans rather have a shit manager than Terry Butcher ?

Isn't that the same thing?

I daresay that considering how well ICT have done this season, he can't be that bad.

He certainly hasn't had any real horror stories as a manager, and has been praised for some of his work, so where you get the shit manager idea from, no idea.

Isn't that the same thing?

I daresay that considering how well ICT have done this season, he can't be that bad.

He certainly hasn't had any real horror stories as a manager, and has been praised for some of his work, so where you get the shit manager idea from, no idea.

I think Baz was referring to his time in England as well, chalk and cheese to his managerial stint in Scotland. Coventry and Brentford i think it was and it didn't go well at all.

I think Baz was referring to his time in England as well, chalk and cheese to his managerial stint in Scotland. Coventry and Brentford i think it was and it didn't go well at all.

He didn't do badly at Coventry though. He got sacked aye, but that and doing badly doesn't always go hand in hand.

how hard is it to implement a winter shutdown ffs

Very hard. Would you have expected snow on the 28th November? Start the winter break now and it would be over by the 1st January. What happens when it snows in January or February?

Our weather is too random for an accurate winter break. I remember the last one back in 2000/01. The weather was unseasonably mild and games could have gone ahead every day of the shut down.

If we are going by shite spells in England then Walter Smith would struggled to have got back to Ibrox. I don't think Butcher is a bad manager but clearly this is the time for Troussier, Zenga, Scala, Stuart Baxter, that boy from Shamrock Rovers or the previously mentioned Ardiles to get the job.

Or Dean Windass.

• Paid Members
If we are going by shite spells in England then Walter Smith would struggled to have got back to Ibrox. I don't think Butcher is a bad manager but clearly this is the time for Troussier, Zenga, Scala, Stuart Baxter, that boy from Shamrock Rovers or the previously mentioned Ardiles to get the job.

Or Dean Windass.

We need to be hugely careful about who we appoint before we end up with another Ebbe Skovdahl. Honestly, I think the time has come for us to run begging back to Jimmy Calderwood. Unless we get Strachan (which is extremely unlikely IMO) I don't think there's a better candidate out there who is available and with a proven track record in Scottish football.

• Paid Members

Strachan doesn't want it for "family reasons".

Jimmy Calderwood's got a quite decent CV, when you think about it. He'll probably end up coming back. I can see it being until the end of the season and then the Dons going for somebody permanent after that.

Celtic striker Anthony Stokes claims that Scotland's referees have consistently failed to book Rangers players for heavy tackles against his side's players. (Sunday Mail)

That's Anthony Stokes, who took Sasa Papac out for a week and should've been sent off one minute into the Old Firm derby. Fucking LOL.

Celtic striker Anthony Stokes claims that Scotland's referees have consistently failed to book Rangers players for heavy tackles against his side's players. (Sunday Mail)

That's Anthony Stokes, who took Sasa Papac out for a week and should've been sent off one minute into the Old Firm derby. Fucking LOL.

I think i'll sum it up for the other 40 clubs in Scotlands fans: "An Old Firm player moaning his team doesn't get decisions. Fucking LOL."

• Paid Members
Jimmy Calderwood's got a quite decent CV, when you think about it. He'll probably end up coming back. I can see it being until the end of the season and then the Dons going for somebody permanent after that.

I'm starting to feel a little scared that Billy Stark will end up with the post. That'll be a HUGE mistake on the part of the board if they make it. Ditto for Hughes and Collins.

Archived