Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Celtic won't blame anyone for today except ourselves. Team had no desire but the performance of the referee put Scottish refs to shame. Good to watch a match that didn't constantly stop and start and didn't see a wrong decision. When a Luxembourg official looks better than a Scottish one, it's time for a look at our referees.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Celtic won't blame anyone for today except ourselves. Team had no desire but the performance of the referee put Scottish refs to shame. Good to watch a match that didn't constantly stop and start and didn't see a wrong decision. When a Luxembourg official looks better than a Scottish one, it's time for a look at our referees.

The Sky Sports coverage was saying how he got loads of things wrong.

I could think of one wrong decision and that was to not allow an advantage when we were on the break. Even then he only stopped play as he was booking a player on the advice of his assistant. I will say though that TV could see me having a different opinion of him as you can see more than I can in the stand. Maybe he didn't have a good game but it appeared from the stand that he did.

Shouldn't run into discussion about this. He might change his mind in a few minutes.

You still can't accept that he got the decision right can you?

True... if, like the media, you completely ignore Garry Kenneth's challenge.

Shouldn't run into discussion about this. He might change his mind in a few minutes.

You still can't accept that he got the decision right can you?

True... if, like the media, you completely ignore Garry Kenneth's challenge.

That's utterly irrelevant though. That's not what he gave the penalty for.

And that's why 'the media' are ignoring it.

Plus Kenneth's challenge was hardly a stonewall penalty anyway. If it had been given it would be weak.

dallas gets sacked for a joke about the pope, how come diamond and paton got away with there remarks about Protestant on facebook?

Presumably because Diamond and Paton used their own personal computers to make their moronic comments whereas Hugh Dallas used his SFA account to forward an equally moronic email to 24 other people.

Archived