Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there somewhere the general public can pre-order the DVD? Would like to promote it via my forum, if that's cool?

Hiya, it should be onsale on dragongateuk.com or www.amerchandise.co.uk in the next couple of days. Going to get the trailer and artwork done first

We'll be relaunching amerchandise.co.uk with the trailers too!

• Paid Members
Oh and without chirping on - what is the H-Thunder, and is Purolove correct that Hulk finished with it on Saturday? I thought it was an EVO myself.

:nerd:

H Thunder is essentially the same move as E.V.O. except Hulk adds the pump handle set up and slight spinning motion. H Thunder is what Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki called the move when he unmasked and was known as "H" for a time.

H Thunder is usually more piledriver-y and less slamm-y in terms of the final impact as well, but I think that's more of a preference/safety thing. H Thunder was being done in FMW, which demanded quite a bit more more violence than Dragon Gate. The end result (as sort of scoop side piledriver) is the same.

Oh and without chirping on - what is the H-Thunder, and is Purolove correct that Hulk finished with it on Saturday? I thought it was an EVO myself.

H Thunder is essentially the same move as E.V.O. except Hulk adds the pump handle set up and slight spinning motion. H Thunder is what Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki called the move when he unmasked and was known as "H" for a time.

H Thunder is usually more piledriver-y and less slamm-y in terms of the final impact as well, but I think that's more of a preference/safety thing. H Thunder was being done in FMW, which demanded quite a bit more more violence than Dragon Gate. The end result (as sort of scoop side piledriver) is the same.

That's what it was. More of a stalling side piledriver

That's what it was. More of a stalling side piledriver

Agreed, proper spiked him!

I could be wrong but im sure someone told me the letter "H" by itself in japanese ment peadophile, im guessing not?

shingoVyokosuka2dvdBOX_DVD.jpg

Dragon Gate UK : Shingo V Yokosuka 2

Broxbourne 10/9/10

Dragon Gate return to the UK with two incredible shows. Shingo V Yokosuka 2, held in front of a turn away crowd on September 10th at the Broxbourne Civic Hall, this huge event played host to the epic rematch of Shingo vs Susumu Yokosuka, which fans all across Europe voted as the European match of the year 2009, aswell as the signature match of Dragon Gate, the six man tag team war. This year Warriors, consisting of CIMA, Dragon Kid and honorary member Masaaki Mochizuki faced off against World 1

I was reading the Daily Star yesterday (please don't shoot me, I know of my sins) and congratulations Mark on getting mainstream coverage with your event, an excellent feat, well done.

But reading through this topic, am I correct in thinking you filmed in HD to put the show out on DVD? If so, why??? That makes no sense, unless you plan on utilizing the footage in HD somewhere down the road.

I was reading the Daily Star yesterday (please don't shoot me, I know of my sins) and congratulations Mark on getting mainstream coverage with your event, an excellent feat, well done.

But reading through this topic, am I correct in thinking you filmed in HD to put the show out on DVD? If so, why??? That makes no sense, unless you plan on utilizing the footage in HD somewhere down the road.

we're looking forward of course. While HD isn't accessable to all right now, in the future we will still be using this footage and blu ray release maybe something we now have the option of. Plus with it filmed in HD the downscaled footage looks better than any standard definition/hdv footage.

Plus something else we're currently working on requires all of our footage moving forward to be full HD.

Bottom line. The footage is stunning, money well spent and when you see it you should be able to tell the difference

Archived