The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I'm sure everyone's been to see a band without having heard all of their albums, and sure it's good to know all of the songs beforehand. However, you just don't tell people who have paid to see you that you don't belong there if you haven't heard a certain song of theirs, especially a fuckwit gobshite like Phil Anselmo who has probably forgotten and slurred more words than Amy Winehouse.

If they paid for a ticket and weren't doing anything that warranted being kicked out, then no, it isn't.

Jesus Christ, are you being serious? You actually think he was speaking literally? That if you didn't know the name of that song or the words to it that he wanted you to leave? :laugh:

For anyone (myself included) who has been silly enough not to attend Bloodstock this year, the whole thing is streaming live here.

Nice one Ebb, cheers.

Edited by David

• Paid Members
Phil Anselmo can say whatever he wants.

He already says whatever he wants, and look at the mess that's got him into.

If they paid for a ticket and weren't doing anything that warranted being kicked out, then no, it isn't.

Jesus Christ, are you being serious? You actually think he was speaking literally? That if you didn't know the name of that song or the words to it that he wanted you to leave? :laugh:

No, he clearly said it for shits and giggles. He wished Dimebag dead for a laugh, too. :bored:

• Paid Members

It's a dickish thing to say that could make people who had no reason to not be there feel unwelcome. I don't think he actually wanted to march them out of the building, but there's absolutely no point saying stuff like that. Why bother excluding anyone? I don't think it's a massive deal (nor did I indicate that - I was responding to your assertion that the statement was objectively true), I just think it's a bit silly and unnecessary.

• Paid Members

i can't believe this is even an issue, what the fuck!?! :laugh:

"It's a dickish thing to say that could make people who had no reason to not be there feel unwelcome, what is this? a fucking pop concert?