Best British Pro-wrestler of 2009

tiger_rick

Best British Pro-wrestler of 2009?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
If you haven't yet seen Marty Scurll, I strongly recommend you do if you get a chance. He definately deserves more votes than this.

So many names there leap out as one's I've seen and blew me away ahead of him, to me its not a knock on him but the strength of the list, should that make any sense. I was torn between every one on the list bar about 3.

• Paid Members
If you haven't yet seen Marty Scurll, I strongly recommend you do if you get a chance. He definitely deserves more votes than this.

So many names there leap out as one's I've seen and blew me away ahead of him, to me its not a knock on him but the strength of the list, should that make any sense. I was torn between every one on the list bar about 3.

You are right, there's a lot of talent on there, but as I look at them I come to the same conclusion. Johnny Storm is unquestionably one of the best in the country, but when I watch him it's a little like watching Shawn Michaels on Raw instead of PPV, you just know he's capable of so much better than he's putting out. Spud and El Ligero are also very good as is Bubblegum (someone I saw in his first few months and knew he had potential) but when I watch Marty I see a spark I don't see very often. There's little things he does and little expressions that mean when he wrestles he's not just delivering good moves, he's putting his character and personality into the match with them.

Perhaps I'm looking more at what he can be rather than what he is right now, but he is definitely one to watch for the future. It's passionate, enthusiastic guys like Marty that are what I miss about being involved.