Best Match of 2009

tiger_rick

Best Match of 2009?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went for the triple-threat, thought it was nicely structured and it was awesome from the first kick in the match. It was that or one of the Orton/Cena matches and I couldn't pick between them.

Could have gone for WM25, the obvious choice, but on a re-run I didn't feel the magic I felt the first time around. I've come to realise that I love a heavily-booked Cena main-event.

Almost pointless having this poll, despite Jericho/Mysterio being far superior to Taker/Michaels. I turned into a mark once again watching the Jericho/Rey match, popping for all the false finishes and practically jumping out of my seat. The best match in a superb feud.

• Paid Members
Almost pointless having this poll

True but what can you do? Like you, I went for the match that I most enjoyed, which was the Cena-Orton Iron man, a terrific slow burner that told a good story and had some great spots.

• Paid Members

The fact that Taker vs Michaels will walk this poll is a shame because, as Seven said, Jericho vs Mysterio was vastly superior. I guess Taker vs Michaels gets more votes mainly because it was on such a shit show and looked better in comparison? Or the Michaels fan-boys raided the poll?

• Paid Members
The fact that Taker vs Michaels will walk this poll is a shame because, as Seven said, Jericho vs Mysterio was vastly superior. I guess Taker vs Michaels gets more votes mainly because it was on such a shit show and looked better in comparison? Or the Michaels fan-boys raided the poll?

It's also walking the Match of the Decade poll which is fucking ludicrous.

It's also walking the Match of the Decade poll which is fucking ludicrous.

Christ. Certainly not match of the decade, and it JUST edges Rey/Jericho as my match of the year. Of course, Seven's explanation for why Rey/Jericho was so good is exactly why I loved Taker/HBK.

• Paid Members
Does anyone have a decent quality copy of the Jericho / Rey match online? I've not seen it.

I found a torrent of The Bash without much effort at all but it depends on whether you want to download a 1.36gb file just for one match. I'm intrigued enough though.

• 2 weeks later...

I went for Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio at The Bash, although I might have voted Swagger/Christian II if it was on there. This is one of the better polls - I thought all those matches were at least very good (except the Dragon's Gate one which I haven't seen).