General politics discussion thread

David

Well yeah, nutrition's important. No-one's denying that.

However, it's not as important as not sexually abusing your child, and one hopes you realise that.

It's also not important enough to send someone to prison for getting it wrong.

See your point that we'd be better off doing that, than having support workers to help poor parents, just seems ridiculous, it would cost more, would rip apart families, it's stuff like that which makes people assume you're trolling. Or mentally imbalanced.

Well yeah, nutrition's important. No-one's denying that.

However, it's not as important as not sexually abusing your child, and one hopes you realise that.

It's also not important enough to send someone to prison for getting it wrong.

See your point that we'd be better off doing that, than having support workers to help poor parents, just seems ridiculous, it would cost more, would rip apart families, it's stuff like that which makes people assume you're trolling. Or mentally imbalanced.

Sexual abuse is a different kettle of fish, but seriously, it's at least as important as people hitting their kids. It should be treated seriously, and not as something to be joked about. Parents should be given warnings, and if they fail to head them, criminal charges should be brought.

So you're going to reduce the bloated public sector by having an army of Gilliam McKeiths studying the dietary habits of every family in the country, fining and/or locking up the bad parents and taking the kids into care?

To hell with your priorities on the wellbeing of children. It's your economics that blows my mind.

Oh, and prisons are expensive because they're big, highly secure buildings requiring large numbers of well-trained staff who need to be pretty well compensated to do a pretty unpleasant job. The TVs and Playstations are a tiny, tiny fraction of the costs. I understand the ideological argument against those perks, but the financial case is nonsense.

So you're going to reduce the bloated public sector by having an army of Gilliam McKeiths studying the dietary habits of every family in the country, fining and/or locking up the bad parents and taking the kids into care?

To hell with your priorities on the wellbeing of children. It's your economics that blows my mind.

No. Studying the dietary habits is the responsibility of the parents. It's not hard to eat a well balanced diet. It's an issue of laziness and irresponsible behaviour, not lack of knowledge.

I'm not opposed to prisoners being allowed perks. But they should have to earn them, by working. They shouldn't be given as a matter of course.

Edited by Happ Hazzard

• Paid Members

It's certainly right that government should take seriously the problem of parents feeding crap to their children. Certainly you could just pass laws about what parents do, but that sounds very left-wing authoritarian.

Alternatively, I believe there are some existing campaigns to stress the important of eating healthily, for example through easily memorable rules of thumb such as eating five portions of vegetables and fruit each day. Helping parents get educated about nutrition so they can then make informed decisions in a free market society would seem the logical strategy in an era of a liberal-conservative government.

Lot of parents in each city, though. Lot of work to be done.

Probably needs coordinating.

But who's going to investigate the parents who are getting it wrong?

Also, stop moving the goalposts every time someone points out idiotic flaws in your arguments.

But who's going to investigate the parents who are getting it wrong?

Also, stop moving the goalposts every time someone points out idiotic flaws in your arguments.

Investigate them? Just do medicals at school, kids found to be overweight get a letter sent home, seriously overweight get a different letter, no change 6 months later and bring charges of neglect against the parents.

Like I say, it isn't a matter of education. If parents are genuinely not aware that fruit and vegetables and properly cooked meals are healthier than microwave ready meals and turkey twizzler, then they aren't fit to be parents in the first place. The problem is laziness and people thinking it is someone else's problem. Pretty much symptomatic of how people become when we allow the public sector to fill roles that families used to fulfill themselves.

Or else allow capitalism to create food deserts and latchkey children, as well manipulate everyone's minds with advertising. The idea that's 'no it's nothing to do with that, five a day coordinators are the problem!' is absolute batshit insanity. As is the idea that we throw just about everybody in jail, rendering them economically inactive for the period inside prison and much more likely to be dependent on the state otherwise.

Surely, taking your insanity to its logical conclusion entails forced abortion and sterilisation?

• Paid Members
I'm very much pro stopping parasitic wasters having kids.

You've had the snip, then?

It's pretty clear that Happ Hazard is trying to make a name for himself across various boards online and is prepared to look an utter mong in doing so. He's pulling off this act on other forums as well with his opinions getting more and more extreme when he realises he's losing his audience. I'm just not buying it any more, but he had me going for a while.

It's pretty clear that Happ Hazard is trying to make a name for himself across various boards online and is prepared to look an utter mong in doing so. He's pulling off this act on other forums as well with his opinions getting more and more extreme when he realises he's losing his audience. I'm just not buying it any more, but he had me going for a while.

What "other forums" am I "pulling off this act" on?

This and the F4W board are about the only two I post on.

• Paid Members

What "other forums" am I "pulling off this act" on?

This and the F4W board are about the only two I post on.

I hear you're popular on Kayfabe Memories as well.

Come on, there must be easier ways for you to aspire to internet infamy than these quite clearly exaggerated ridiculous opinions of yours. Until a couple of months ago the most memorable thing about you to me was that sig of yours. All of a sudden you started spouting these views out of nowhere and have become UKFF's number one fuckwit.

Why don't you do a sex tape or release a song about your favourite day of the week instead?

Kayfabe Memories? That's a forum dedicated to pre-1990s wrestling. There's no political discussion. I've posted there maybe 10 times in the last 5 years.

And if you think my opinions are "ridiculous" and "exaggerated" you are mistaken. It just goes to show how skewed some people's viewpoints are that perfectly reasonable views such as making prisons somewhat harsher, and that paying the absolute dregs of society to have children might not exactly be the best idea, are viewed as being beyond the pale.

Or do you think this forum is representitive of public opinion? Actually, that would be the political threads, since the resident leftist fuckwits manage to run off and intimidate anyone that goes against their views from posting, as confirmed by the several PMs that I have recieved in the past few months.

Edited by Happ Hazzard

• Paid Members
Kayfabe Memories? That's a forum dedicated to pre-1990s wrestling. There's no political discussion. I've posted there maybe 10 times in the last 5 years.

Regardless, you're still putting it on. Fair play to you, at least it's made you notable and you don't seem to care how much of a tit you make yourself look in doing so. But I'd cut to the song if I were you.