Amsterdam

Lawz

Go to the sex museums. I remember one that had a room that has a disclaimer outside of it, warning people who are faint hearted not to enter. It has delightful snaps of some people (mostly ladies) indulging themselves in acts of moral turpitude, such as a woman having sex with a dog, a woman inserting a snake headfirst into her vagina, and my personal favourite, a woman elbow deep in a cow that looks none to amused. I had the good fortune to browse at the same time a tourist who really should've listened to the disclaimer did. Her grossed out wailing added to the amusement of the experience. Amsterdam is such a weird place.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off to 'the 'dam' on the 9th March for a friends stag do. Kind of weird as the two I'm going with don't touch pot (not saying Amsterdam is all about the pot but, ya know..) and I can remember the booze being really expensive. Still I'm looking forward to the Zoo now.

I had a messy time on my last visit and can barely recall anything but a trip to the Van Gogh museum on 'shrooms is a fun experience.

I'm off to 'the 'dam' on the 9th March for a friends stag do. Kind of weird as the two I'm going with don't touch pot (not saying Amsterdam is all about the pot but, ya know..) and I can remember the booze being really expensive. Still I'm looking forward to the Zoo now.

I had a messy time on my last visit and can barely recall anything but a trip to the Van Gogh museum on 'shrooms is a fun experience.

Ha! Awesome.

Hi 5 as we pass each other in the airport.

I don't smoke pot either. I don't smoke anything.

Am wondering about those cookies though.

Im off to Amsterdam on the 6th of March till 8th. Whats the public transport like there from the Airport into the centre? Do they have a good train system or is taxi the best way to go?

Already looked it up.

15 mins from the airport to city centre and it's right in the middle of everything.

My hotel is on the opposite side of the river but there's a ferry that goes straight to it (free!) or a number of busses.

Transport seems quite good in Amsterdam.

Funny we're going the same weekend :p

well, my advice is a bit different to the rest of you...

don't go too mad, or get too drunk, and please be careful when you sleep.

A few years ago, a mate went there on a stag do (his older brothers, no less), er, drank too much, fell asleep on his back, choked on vomit in his sleep. And that was that. He came home in a coffin. Granted that could happen anywhere, but Amsterdam is considered the place for activities like those.

anyway, cheers :)

• Moderators

Seems a popular time to be going to the Dam! Just found out I got friends going around then, and I'll be there for 1 day over the long weekend but not sure which one yet - my sister is moving to Rotterdam and we're driving her stuff down so we're planning to do a day trip on one of the days.

• 4 weeks later...

All set for 13th to 17th of August, staying the weekend at the Bulldog. Dorm rooms. By myself, no less [meeting up with like minded individuals who can afford proper rooms of their own, lucky fuckers].

Anybody know what to expect from the dorms? As in ... what kind of crowds they attract? I envision myself being pent up with a few stoner backpackers and a rasta who has lived in the corner all his life. A nightmare would probably be three or four lads who all know each other on a stag and then me.

Still, looking foward to it like hell :).

Am wondering about those cookies though.

As previously said, go careful with them. :thumbsup: The zoo is a great place to go. Very Victorian era. The Melkweg is a good place for live music etc.

Ate brownie.

Did not affect me at all.

30 mins later my entire body went numb. And I wanted to goto sleep.

My one other 'meeting' with hash I got the 'sleep' thing but not the numb feeling. Bit freaky and pleasant but not something I'll repeat.

My friend who also indulged was scared to go down narrow streets and properly paranoid.

Oh, I really didn't enjoy Amsterdam.

Overpriced, everything from the bars to Anne Frank House to Amsterdam Dungeon. Outrageous prices.

Full of 'horrid' stoners, not the one that are just mellow, the ones that are 'oh lets go and get stoned it's the only thing in our lives..." and wearing the most un-coordinated clothing ever.

Also got ill.

Ran out of money by sunday morning, meant Monday after getting kicked out of the hotel at 10.30am I couldn't do anything but goto the airport for an 8pm flight.

8 hours in an airport ill and wishing I took an earlier flight, not a nice experience.

Let's be honest - you spent all your money on hookers? How were they? :p

Thinking of going back later this year with a few of the lads. The overpriced issue - was that just because of the pound/euro thing? I don't remember it being that bad last time I went. Like, was it more expensive than London because that's usually worse than most UK cities so it's sort of what I expect?

Let's be honest - you spent all your money on hookers? How were they? :p

Thinking of going back later this year with a few of the lads. The overpriced issue - was that just because of the pound/euro thing? I don't remember it being that bad last time I went. Like, was it more expensive than London because that's usually worse than most UK cities so it's sort of what I expect?

No, I was there with 3 women... Was embarrasing just walking past it!

Prices. 4.50 Euros for a pint. Even at the 'best times' that's still around 3.50 and it seemed a set price everywhere. And don't start on spirits/mixers....

Amsterdam Dungeon was 21 Euros to get in which is quite a lot, even Anne Frank House was 12 Euros as it seemed was everything else.

Chips? 3.90 Euros... with 60c for any topings. Eating in a resturuant was astronomical apart from the wok in a box places (which were great to be fair!)

The only thing that was cheap was the ferry from the station to my hotel which was free...

• 10 months later...

Hey guys, I didn't want to create a new thread so I thought I'd bump this one....

I'm off to Amsterdam on Friday 12th until Monday the 15th. We have never been before so if you could recommend any must do's that haven't already been mentioned here that would be great. We are staying here - http://www.dieportvancleve.com/ and seems like we are in a good location. Any good places to eat, the best coffee shops around that area, any good bars etc?

Cheers guys!

Archived