Best Newcomer of 2007

tiger_rick

Best Newcomer of 2007  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Santino.Sure, he's shit in the ring and his babyface run was a bag of bollocks, but since turning heel he's become one of the few guys who, when his music hits, I'm able to put the remote down and forget about fast fowarding because he's pretty much guaranteed to say or do something hilarious. Cody Rhodes and co. on other hand get 30x skippage on a regular basis. Sky Plus~!I'd much rather we had more Brock Lesnars coming out of developmental but we don't, so being able to cut a funny promo is now more than enough to be considered the cream of the OVW crop in my book. I should write a book.

• Paid Members

I went for Karen Angle, as I did in the nominations. I think she's an excellent valet.Santino delivers a few good lines and has been a hoot at times, but fundementally, he's a pro-wrestler and a shit one, so I coldn't possibly vote for him.

• Paid Members

Santino delivers a few good lines and has been a hoot at times, but fundementally, he's a pro-wrestler and a shit one, so I coldn't possibly vote for him.

Harsh words, rick. Not to worry though, Santino's too busy playing AIR TROMBONE to listen in and take offence.LOLTino.gifWhat a man. Edited by Supremo

Not the most appealing list, at least in terms of WWE and TNA. Santino is a funny guy although not great in-ring. If he can have better matches this year then he could be a highlight as a mid-card champion on either Raw or SmackDown! in 2008 (I know he's already done that with the IC belt but that was before he got a personality) I've heard a lot of good things about his OVW work so hopefully it's a case where he's a better worker than he's shown so far in WWE. I don't watch TNA every week but Karen Angle has been good in the segments I've seen her in. I thought she did well with the way they introduced her and the whole build-up to the double-cross on Samoa Joe in that match where all the titles were on the line - even if it made Joe look stupid (which isn't her fault she's just going from the material given to her). I like Cody Rhodes more than most. As a worker I think he's got potential to be a good one but he's still a bit bland. He's still relatively inexperienced so as he develops a personality it will be a case of wait-and-see. I hope they don't rush him into a heel-turn/feud with his dad before he's ready because I'm not sure how well in a featured position. If I was booking then right now I'd keep him as a face but concentrate on giving him a unique set of moves. Out of all the above, I think DH Smith could be the one to watch in 2008. Once he's given the opportunity and a push (and I'm sure he will be given one at some point), I get the feeling he could do very well for himself. I may well be proven wrong on this, but right now I could see him going all the way to the top.

I've gone for DH Smith, although he didn't do much due to being suspended, it was just great to see British Bulldogs son show up and dedicate his match to his late dad. I also remember him teaming with Jeff in a good tag match. If WWE get behind him I think 2008 could be a really good year for him. I'd like to see him win the IC Title in England

• Paid Members

I've gone for DH Smith, although he didn't do much due to being suspended, it was just great to see British Bulldogs son show up and dedicate his match to his late dad. I also remember him teaming with Jeff in a good tag match. If WWE get behind him I think 2008 could be a really good year for him. I'd like to see him win the IC Title in England

He had one average match and a was 1/4 of a decent tag match all year. Santino & Karen Angle and even Cody Rhodes have been far, far, far, far, far better. He's the son of Davey Boy Smith, that's the only reason he's got any votes. If he was just a wrestler, turned up, had 2 acceptable matches and then got suspended, he'd be absolutely slaughtered, not voted 'Best newcomer'.

He had one average match and a was 1/4 of a decent tag match all year. Santino & Karen Angle and even Cody Rhodes have been far, far, far, far, far better. He's the son of Davey Boy Smith that's the only reason he's got any votes. If he was just a wrestler, turned up, had 2 acceptable matches and then got suspended, he'd be absolutely slaughtered, not voted 'Best newcomer'.
Yeah your right, I was just glad he'd made it to the WWE, it's more that he was my favourite newcomer as opposed to the best.Out of the list though; I don't really watch too much TNA, so haven't seen much of Karen. Drew Mc similar to DH Smith he hasn't done much in the WWE. He's got alot of votes because people know him for his work before he signed with the WWE, which in turn doesn't really make him a newcomer, because we knew about him last year, and he may have quite well been on the Best British Wrestler last year (I'm only guessing) I just don't like Cody, he just seems too bland. I came close to voting Santino, he is really funny, but I don't like his in ring work (although I think this will improve). I just didn't like the way he was introduced, and his several months of being a babyface were really boring.