[Nominations] Best MMA Fighter of 2007

tiger_rick

I'm going with Huerta. I was rewatching a couple of his fights last night and he's just so damn impressive. Given the whole "MMA is a type of pro-wrestling" thing, he's got it all - great look, charisma, exciting fights, and he's worked his ass off this year too. Isn't it 6 fights, 6 wins now? That's pretty awesome. It's arguable that with the exception of Guida, they weren't top guys, but Crane, for example, is a BJJ world champ and Huerta dominated him on the ground. That's good enough for me.

I think there are 3 contenders from the UFC.Anderson Silva - stopped Lutter, Marquardt and Franklin.Rampage Jackson - beat Eastman, Liddell and Henderson.Randy Couture - memorable wins against Sylvia and Gonzaga.From outside the UFC, Gesias Calvancanti deserves a mention for first round winds over Nam Phan, Shaolin and Andre Amade to win the HEROs Lightweight GP.

Anderson Silva for totally dominating his weight class with ease and style.Randy Couture for making MMA totally magical with his comeback and title win.Urijah Faber has been the most outstanding fighter for me - beating everyone thrown at him but always having great fights. There appears to be no weaknesses in his game at all.

Edited by bazhsw